Toying with a little idea

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Laphtiya

Toying with a little idea

Post by Laphtiya »

Been toying with a little idea for a while now. I am thinking of writing a small (very small) story in the Dune universe. Not planning it to have an actual ending or anything it might be something I would build on it over time and strictly for fun. Only because I've fancied having a go at writing my own story for years, its been something I've wanted to do for a long time now. But I thought I would write about something I liked first to see what it would be like. Any tips or pointers I should consider before doing this?

And would there be something you think would be a good idea to write as a mini story?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Write about stuff that happens out in the scattering, gives you waaay more creative liscence without fear of stepping on FH's stuff.

Fuck, I hope the Hack never sees this post...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

^^^ What he said. :)

(This was actually aimed at BB's comment, but AToE's is worthy, too. ;) )
Last edited by SandChigger on 18 Sep 2008 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Write about stuff that happens out in the scattering, gives you waaay more creative liscence without fear of stepping on FH's stuff.

Fuck, I hope the Hack never sees this post...
If they'd been smart they would have written in that setting in the first place, anything goes.

But I'm sure they would find a way to make it inconsistant.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on Dune fanfiction

Post by Sole Man »

You should read the HIGH DUNES DRIFTER TRILOGY (Located at the DN Fourm) That should set you on the right course.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

I'd like something about the Lost Tlelaxu. A GOOD Tlelaxu story to exorcise what the hacks did to them in the last two books...

"Nice" Tlelaxu? Image
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

"Tleilaxu open about their society and secrets to anyone with a badge, 5000 years before they exist"
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Laphtiya

Thanks

Post by Laphtiya »

Thanks for the tips and ideas. I was thinking of maybe following an Imperial Messenger as he is sent to Arrakis to deliver a message to Rabban from the Emperor and CHOAM, about how they are displeased with the sudden fall in Spice production.

Trying to keep away from tripping over any Canon. Don't want to use any established characters if I can. Just a few pages nothing massive at the moment. I just wannat see if I can string more than a couple of words together :wink:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I'd like to read about how the Great Houses were downgraded between CoD and GeoD, mostly what happened to House Corrino.
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

Ghost wrote:I'd like to read about how the Great Houses were downgraded between CoD and GeoD, mostly what happened to House Corrino.
What I think happened is because of the limitation of Spice and travel that Leto forced on the Imperium the old system collapsed. Blood Feuds were no longer relivant because you had to freedom to follow it through. The Great Houses had no real power anymore because the God Emperor forced his will on the Imperium (possibly the first TRUE Emperor since the founding of the Imperium). With the passage of time people slowly forgot the old ways and became settled in their new lives, just as the Fremen did.