Leto of Dune: Destined to fail

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

trang wrote: Its a long way off (by Bh/KJA reckoning, 1 hero every two years, would be jessica in 2010ish, Irulan in 2012ish, and leto in 2014ish) so it will be a long time disscussion.

Trang
I'm pretty sure they've finished (or close to) writing Jessica already and have slated it for release next fall. Can't remember where I got that from, but I remember the impression that they'd given up on their two year promise and gone back to one a year. Remember too, Kev "writes" nine to fourteen full novels a year. even assuming he gives a Dune book three times as much time as one of his other peices of garbage that still only adds up to about three months per Dune book - and we are reasonably sure he is writing the vast bulk of each new Dune novel... well you can see where I'm going with this. Very little time goes into each book.
cmsahe

Re: Leto of Dune: Destined to fail

Post by cmsahe »

Drunken Idaho wrote:....

That sounds cool as hell... I demand a link.
This is my latest:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDkhadRKgc

thanks!
Carlos
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
cmsahe

Re: On Leto of Dune

Post by cmsahe »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:...

You shouldn't give them ideas! shhhhh

Give them a cookie :cookie sm:

Nice BH...now sit, yes sit!
But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

cmsahe wrote:

But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."
Who wouldn't want to read that? Bow chicka wow wow!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

cmsahe wrote:

I'd read that...
Sole Man

on the insanity of PoD

Post by Sole Man »

SandChigger wrote:

Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.
Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...
Tleszer

Re: on the insanity of PoD

Post by Tleszer »

Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.
Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...
I was going to say that we should then eat their brains. This would be our way of gaining their powers, but I think their brains would just make us stupid...
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:

I'd read that...
I'd flush that...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Rakis wrote:I'd flush that...
Me, too.

But not until I'd had a chance...TO POOP ON IT!!!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Sole Man

on Dune sex

Post by Sole Man »

I would like to read the Leto/Hwi Sex scene.

Damn unperverted Frank...
Drunken Idaho

Re: on Dune sex

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Sole Man wrote:I would like to read the Leto/Hwi Sex scene.

Damn unperverted Frank...
Frank was perverted when it was necessary. If you read Hunters, there's a rather graphic bit involving the description of superhuman-speed vaginal fingering.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

Tleszer wrote:
Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

I was going to say that we should then eat their brains. This would be our way of gaining their powers, but I think their brains would just make us stupid...
Don't mean to crash your party trick here, but aren't you going a little crazy here? I mean, you must be mad if you think they have brains to pick and eat.... :D
I am a mortal god.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Secher_Nbiw wrote:
Tleszer wrote:
Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

Don't mean to crash your party trick here, but aren't you going a little crazy here? I mean, you must be mad if you think they have brains to pick and eat.... :D
Ah, you got me. I guess I can't fool you :D
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

ooo maybe the will tap Hamilton to write an sexy undead crossover of Dune

as in Laura K
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus