Leto of Dune: Destined to fail

Image
    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 17 Sep 2008 11:57

trang wrote:Its a long way off (by Bh/KJA reckoning, 1 hero every two years, would be jessica in 2010ish, Irulan in 2012ish, and leto in 2014ish) so it will be a long time disscussion.

Trang


I'm pretty sure they've finished (or close to) writing Jessica already and have slated it for release next fall. Can't remember where I got that from, but I remember the impression that they'd given up on their two year promise and gone back to one a year. Remember too, Kev "writes" nine to fourteen full novels a year. even assuming he gives a Dune book three times as much time as one of his other peices of garbage that still only adds up to about three months per Dune book - and we are reasonably sure he is writing the vast bulk of each new Dune novel... well you can see where I'm going with this. Very little time goes into each book.
Image

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Re: Leto of Dune: Destined to fail

Postby cmsahe » 17 Sep 2008 14:06

Drunken Idaho wrote:....

That sounds cool as hell... I demand a link.


This is my latest:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDkhadRKgc

thanks!
Carlos
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Re: On Leto of Dune

Postby cmsahe » 17 Sep 2008 14:12

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:...

You shouldn't give them ideas! shhhhh

Give them a cookie :cookie sm:

Nice BH...now sit, yes sit!


But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Re: On Leto of Dune

Postby Tleszer » 17 Sep 2008 14:42

cmsahe wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:...

You shouldn't give them ideas! shhhhh

Give them a cookie :cookie sm:

Nice BH...now sit, yes sit!


But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."


Who wouldn't want to read that? Bow chicka wow wow!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: On Leto of Dune

Postby Drunken Idaho » 17 Sep 2008 14:49

cmsahe wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:...

You shouldn't give them ideas! shhhhh

Give them a cookie :cookie sm:

Nice BH...now sit, yes sit!


But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."


I'd read that...

Sole Man

on the insanity of PoD

Postby Sole Man » 17 Sep 2008 16:04

SandChigger wrote:


Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.


Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Re: on the insanity of PoD

Postby Tleszer » 17 Sep 2008 16:37

Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:


Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.


Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...


I was going to say that we should then eat their brains. This would be our way of gaining their powers, but I think their brains would just make us stupid...
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Re: On Leto of Dune

Postby Rakis » 17 Sep 2008 23:22

Drunken Idaho wrote:
cmsahe wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:...

You shouldn't give them ideas! shhhhh

Give them a cookie :cookie sm:

Nice BH...now sit, yes sit!


But unfortunately we all know that this is going to happen, I can see, in the future, Biron writing those novels: "Duncan XIV of Dune! The Trilogy", and he explaining: "I found my granddad notes, the other ones, in that old cookies jar and he had this epic vision of this particular incarnation of Duncan being heroic rescuing bored Fish Speaker recruits from their virginity..."


I'd read that...


I'd flush that...
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: On Leto of Dune

Postby SandChigger » 18 Sep 2008 12:45

Rakis wrote:I'd flush that...

Me, too.

But not until I'd had a chance...TO POOP ON IT!!!
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Sole Man

on Dune sex

Postby Sole Man » 18 Sep 2008 13:12

I would like to read the Leto/Hwi Sex scene.

Damn unperverted Frank...

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: on Dune sex

Postby Drunken Idaho » 18 Sep 2008 14:12

Sole Man wrote:I would like to read the Leto/Hwi Sex scene.

Damn unperverted Frank...


Frank was perverted when it was necessary. If you read Hunters, there's a rather graphic bit involving the description of superhuman-speed vaginal fingering.

Secher_Nbiw
Posts: 175
Joined: 04 Jul 2008 06:24
Location: notts
Contact:

Re: on the insanity of PoD

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 19 Sep 2008 03:23

Tleszer wrote:
Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:


Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.


Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...


I was going to say that we should then eat their brains. This would be our way of gaining their powers, but I think their brains would just make us stupid...


Don't mean to crash your party trick here, but aren't you going a little crazy here? I mean, you must be mad if you think they have brains to pick and eat.... :D
I am a mortal god.

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Re: on the insanity of PoD

Postby Tleszer » 19 Sep 2008 05:23

Secher_Nbiw wrote:
Tleszer wrote:
Sole Man wrote:
SandChigger wrote:


Where in the beginning of Dune is the Paul who just a few years earlier went through any number of harrowing events (slice'em-dice'em flying saws at the wedding of his father to some Ecazi bint [the bride-to-be gets her throat sliced open]; being lost in the Caladan jungles with Duncan during a Grumman assassin attack, etc etc etc)? And who is this Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib emoting all over the stage in those sections of the book? Ghastly.


Holy Shit, does that happen in the book? Okay here's what we do: We tie them to chairs, cut the skin on the upper half of thier craiums off, take a little pick and slowly chisel down into thier brains...


I was going to say that we should then eat their brains. This would be our way of gaining their powers, but I think their brains would just make us stupid...


Don't mean to crash your party trick here, but aren't you going a little crazy here? I mean, you must be mad if you think they have brains to pick and eat.... :D


Ah, you got me. I guess I can't fool you :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 19 Sep 2008 09:50

ooo maybe the will tap Hamilton to write an sexy undead crossover of Dune

as in Laura K
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus


Return to “˱”