Did someone post this yet?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Did someone post this yet?

Post by Nekhrun »

He really thinks he's a Herbert doesn't he?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

If Dune = Herbert then I think he thinks he's more Frank than Frank.

YEAAAAAH BOOOOOY!
(Sorry that's the first thing that popped into my head)
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol.. KJA trying to look tough cracks me up.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Of course its Hackerson at the front of the picture ... as usual. A thought that really scares me is: what if Brian legally adopt him?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
cmsahe

Re: Did someone post this yet?

Post by cmsahe »

Nekhrun wrote:Image
KJA is the twisted Ghola of Frank Herbert! (and he has imprinted Brian)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I forget where it was exactly, but I know I've seen some commentary before about this item and its cover photo. I seem to remember someone pointing out just how inappropriate (yet predictable) it is for KJA to, once again, shove Frank Herbert's own son into the background. Good ol' KJA ... he never even met Frank. :roll:

Seriously, could the HLP have possibly made a worse choice in "authors"?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:I forget where it was exactly, but I know I've seen some commentary before about this item and its cover photo. I seem to remember someone pointing out just how inappropriate (yet predictable) it is for KJA to, once again, shove Frank Herbert's own son into the background. Good ol' KJA ... he never even met Frank. :roll:

Seriously, could the HLP have possibly made a worse choice in "authors"?
Well they've got Frank in a picture of a cake saying, "Well done my boys," like they're somehow fucking related or even knew each other. That is everything that is wrong with those guys.
trang

Post by trang »

shouldnt that read "the sons of bitch's of dune", I know these two butholes raping dune is not on the level of a natural disaster, global war, or economic collapse, but for the love of the GodEmperor, isnt anything sacred?

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

If that doesnt scream "ego" i dont know what does :?
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Nekhrun wrote: Well they've got Frank in a picture of a cake saying, "Well done my boys," like they're somehow fucking related or even knew each other. That is everything that is wrong with those guys.
I hadn't seen that cake pic...Oh god..."My Boys"? There is no one in Herbert family that don't see something wrong on that?

note: Someone that don't make a profit with the new crap books.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:There is no one in Herbert family that don't see something wrong on that?
The HLP at its finest.

Nothing matters except keeping Kevin "One Book Per Year" Anderson happy. That way, the checks keep rolling in and no one has to go out and actually work for a living.

It would be funny ... if it wasn't so disrespectful to FH's legacy.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

I like how Brian is standing behind Kevin, showing us the little bitch he is. It's obvious Kevin is the one who gives rather than receives in this couple.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

cmsahe wrote:
KJA is the twisted Ghola of Frank Herbert! (and he has imprinted Brian)
I'm pretty sure they imprint each other on a daily basis... :wink:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Frybread wrote:I like how Brian is standing behind Kevin, showing us the little bitch he is. It's obvious Kevin is the one who gives rather than receives in this couple.
You mean these brothers. kja is now one of Frank's boys. :roll:
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Nekhrun wrote:
Frybread wrote:I like how Brian is standing behind Kevin, showing us the little bitch he is. It's obvious Kevin is the one who gives rather than receives in this couple.
You mean these brothers. kja is now one of Frank's boys. :roll:
KJA is madder than the Baron in the David Lynch's movie! Look at his face he almost looks like Sting-Feyd!

----
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

----
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

KJA is either trying to peer into the souls of his enemies or he's trying to take a dump in that pic.

Though it could be both!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Sole Man

on the cake pc.

Post by Sole Man »

I hate picutres of Frank Herbert without his beard, Its unholy.

I was watching an interview with them about PAUL OF DUNE, and Brain Herbert says "One of the most wonderful things about DUNE was that my father left sooo much to the imagination." It was in refrence to the gaps inbetween the books. That's ture, there's no punchline.

I think KJA if holding Brian at gunpoint anf forcing him write these books. When they went home from that interview, YHe probably tied him to the wall and whipped him repeatedly.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: on the cake pc.

Post by Freakzilla »

Sole Man wrote:I hate picutres of Frank Herbert without his beard, Its unholy.
:D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sole Man wrote:I hate picutres of Frank Herbert without his beard, Its unholy.

I agree. I grew up with the picture on the back of my Dad's books, classic bearded Herbert. When I saw a pic of him beardless for the first time at DN I didn't even recognize him.
TheDukester

Re: re:

Post by TheDukester »

How about this for some on-the-record evidence that KJA, The Other Guy, and pretty much the entire HLP are a bunch of goddamn liars:

"Dune 7 should be the grand finale," says Anderson. "And you don't do the grand finale and then add a few more books."

Really, Kevvie? So what is this bullshit that's going to appear in my bookstore on Tuesday?

I thought it would be impossible for me to have less respect for what these criminals are doing. I was wrong.
Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

Simon wrote:I agree. I grew up with the picture on the back of my Dad's books, classic bearded Herbert. When I saw a pic of him beardless for the first time at DN I didn't even recognize him.
The first time I saw him without his beard was on the back of The Jesus Incident. I just assumed it was Bill Ransom...I still don't know what he looks like, wikipedia time I suppose!
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

TheDukester wrote:
How about this for some on-the-record evidence that KJA, The Other Guy, and pretty much the entire HLP are a bunch of goddamn liars:

"Dune 7 should be the grand finale," says Anderson. "And you don't do the grand finale and then add a few more books."

Really, Kevvie? So what is this bullshit that's going to appear in my bookstore on Tuesday?

I thought it would be impossible for me to have less respect for what these criminals are doing. I was wrong.
The excuse given on Dumbnovels is that it is the grand finale of the Dune timeline and not the end of the milking.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Serkanner wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

The excuse given on Dumbnovels is that it is the grand finale of the Dune timeline and not the end of the milking.
yeah..i mean that would be going too far....right? :roll: :roll:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!