Vincent van Gogh painting Cottages at Cordeville (Odrade's)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Every time I read about one of KJA's atrocious ideas, I'm even more glad I haven't read the prequels and sequels. I like it that my first thought was "who is Erasmus?"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:Every time I read about one of KJA's atrocious ideas, I'm even more glad I haven't read the prequels and sequels. I like it that my first thought was "who is Erasmus?"
Lucky you. :( I didn't learn my lessson until burned several times.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

Mandy wrote:Every time I read about one of KJA's atrocious ideas, I'm even more glad I haven't read the prequels and sequels. I like it that my first thought was "who is Erasmus?"
Ditto for me, and sincerely i don't know who Erasmus is! (I could go and read the entry in the Wikipedia)

But I'm curious, if only I could read a digital version of Dune 8: Watersandworms of dune...
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

wait does this mean that Serena Butler showed up in Van Gogh's OM and taught him how to paint?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
orald

Post by orald »

Ampoliros wrote:wait does this mean that Serena Butler showed up in Van Gogh's OM and taught him how to paint?
Well, she really messed up there if you ask me... :roll:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Ghost wrote:Tecnically that painting wasnt painted by Van Gogh...but our friend Erasmus.
I forgot about that *shudder*
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Baraka Bryan wrote:awesome avatar :D:D :lol:
Thanks, yours is killer...
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Ghost wrote:Tecnically that painting wasnt painted by Van Gogh...but our friend Erasmus.
Besides Frank Herbert, Van Gogh must be turning himself in his tomb.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
KJA needs a good kicking.
dunaddict

Post by dunaddict »

Not only did Erasmus paint it, he destroyed it in 'Sandworms':
Abruptly, with powerful hands, the robot ripped the painting and its frame into tiny pieces. As if putting a punctuation mark on the grotesque display, Erasmus whirled and stomped on the broken pieces, saying, "Call this artistic temperament."
Tell me, was this really necessary, KJA/BH?

I think it's the perfect metaphor for what's been going on with the prequels. Erasmus (KJA creation) ripping the painting (Franks creation) to shreds.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

dunaddict wrote:Not only did Erasmus paint it, he destroyed it in 'Sandworms':
Abruptly, with powerful hands, the robot ripped the painting and its frame into tiny pieces. As if putting a punctuation mark on the grotesque display, Erasmus whirled and stomped on the broken pieces, saying, "Call this artistic temperament."
Tell me, was this really necessary, KJA/BH?

I think it's the perfect metaphor for what's been going on with the prequels. Erasmus (KJA creation) ripping the painting (Franks creation) to shreds.
It is indeed a nice metaphor. Isn't there a passage where one of the BG thinks or talks about having OM tracing that exact painting back to it's origins? The frustrating thing is that if we send KJA proof that was a fuck up he'd just say "no no no, what you don't understand is that this was just from the point of view of Erasmus, he just thought it was his painting..." The guy make bullshit into an art form.