I've been banned!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Lisan Al-Gaib

I've been banned!

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Oh, fuck!

I'm banned from DN!! But why??

I never insult anyone! And I never insult byron or the "new writers". This is a harassment from the admin. Only because i'm OH.

shit.

If anyone could now why he done that, I would be pleased.

I'm in that forum for two years, man! I always was respectful.

it was really unfare.
Last edited by Lisan Al-Gaib on 17 Aug 2008 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

heh heh heh at least your application was accepted at some point, i'm still waiting to be admitted by an admin.

no suprise
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
A Thing of Eternity

Re: I'm banned!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:Oh, fuck!

I never insult anyone! And I never insult byron or the "new writers". This is a harassment from the admin. Only because i'm OH.

shit.

it was really unfare.
Maybe he's just booted most of the people who made an ass out of him in the FTL debate. I can't think of any other reason, you were very well mannered over there.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

woot i just got banned, about 20 mins after i was accepted.

yeah, i said woot. in public. deal. (and i'm an english lit. grad student, the internet is my vacation from grammar.)
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:

shit.

it was really unfare.
Maybe he's just booted most of the people who made an ass out of him in the FTL debate. I can't think of any other reason, you were very well mannered over there.
If it was really because of that, the admin made a childish act. I know he dont like some OHs people, but ban any person that show his ideas agaisnt his own or of the writers is very insane!

Man, I'm really mad because I always liked to read DN forum almost every day. I really like the posts from freak, TMB and you.

If the byron read my first posts he will see that I praised him for tell us information about the new Dune Movie.

But unhappily he could have turned himself into a sad child.
Last edited by Lisan Al-Gaib on 15 Aug 2008 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

A Thing of Eternity

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

shit.

it was really unfare.
If it was really because of that, the admin made a childish act. I know he dont like some OHs people, but ban any person that show his ideas agaisnt his own or of the writers is very insane!

Man, I'm really mad because I always liked to read DN forum almost every day. I really like the posts from freak, TMB and you.

If the byron read my first posts he will see that I praized him for tell us information about the new Dune Movie.

Did you PM or email him? I saw him here earlier.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

shit.

it was really unfare.

If the byron read my first posts he will see that I praized him for tell us information about the new Dune Movie.

How can I do that? Did he make part of the jacurutu?

I think he didnt like I put my 4shared link with my Dune things here. But if it was that, he could have talked to me and I could have deleted it.

Nothing explain what he have done. He could have sent me a e-mail or something like that before.
Last edited by Lisan Al-Gaib on 16 Aug 2008 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

-- The Stolen Journals

A Thing of Eternity

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

shit.

it was really unfare.

I think he didnt like I put my 4shared link with my Dune things here. But if it was that, he could have talked to me and I could heve deleted.

Nothing explain what he had done. We could have sended a e-mail or something like before.
He's a member here Spice Grandson, send him a PM. I'm really quite curious because you were very polite over there. Maybe he's just finally gone off the deep end.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

As I recall Byron and Co. basically admitted a long while ago that they are surfing the internet looking for names of people who make slights against the HLP/KJA/BH/Prequel books and ensuring those people are on a black list at DN. You know, like the paranoid commie hunting McCarthyism of 50's America :)

If you're sure you didn't do anything ban worthy over at DN, you might have been banned for something you said here or elsewhere. Big brother is watching :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

GamePlayer wrote:As I recall Byron and Co. basically admitted a long while ago that they are surfing the internet looking for names of people who make slights against the HLP/KJA/BH/Prequel books and ensuring those people are on a black list at DN. You know, like the paranoid commie hunting McCarthyism of 50's America :)

If you're sure you didn't do anything ban worthy over at DN, you might have been banned for something you said here or elsewhere. Big brother is watching :)
That's just retarded. I know it's not unheard of for an "official" book site to
run roughshod over critics. Terry Goodkind's forum, for example, doesn't
allow discussion of ANY books other than his. Then again, his books are
poop-like. Hmmm, a correlation maybe? Regardless, the fact that the HLP
and their lackys have to expend what appears to be a great amount of
energy hunting down and censoring critics, should clue them in.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

shit.

it was really unfare.

I think he didnt like I put my 4shared link with my Dune things here. But if it was that, he could have talked to me and I could heve deleted.

Nothing explain what he had done. We could have sended a e-mail or something like before.
He's a member here Spice Grandson, send him a PM. I'm really quite curious because you were very polite over there. Maybe he's just finally gone off the deep end.
Thanks, ToE.
He probably banned me because of the 4shared link. I will send him a PM tomorrow.

Well, my bad about open copyright material for everybody. But he knows i'm not american (I said that a lot of times), and that here in my country we dont have rules about copyright on-line materials.

I will remove the link.

-- The Stolen Journals

leagued

Post by leagued »

That's just retarded. I know it's not unheard of for an "official" book site to
run roughshod over critics. Terry Goodkind's forum, for example, doesn't
allow discussion of ANY books other than his. Then again, his books are
poop-like. Hmmm, a correlation maybe? Regardless, the fact that the HLP
and their lackys have to expend what appears to be a great amount of
energy hunting down and censoring critics, should clue them in.
That gives me an idea; maybe KJA could take over writing SoT books when Goodkind quits! Imagine him writing for a series that started out as crap!
LeagueD
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Spicelon wrote:Hmmm, a correlation maybe?
Beyond any doubt. Curtailing of criticism is always a big warning sign that a given corner of the net isn't worth the time it takes to spam.
But as I've said before, official websites are shite and always have been. The fansites are where the goods are at and the membership is a lot more interesting and engaging, which is pretty much the whole point :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Spicelon wrote:Regardless, the fact that the HLP and their lackys have to expend what appears to be a great amount of energy hunting down and censoring critics, should clue them in.
As opposed to spending no energy protecting the Dune legacy and ensuring that any "expanded universe" projects are given to actual talented authors. You know, like not hiking hacks.

Bleh. Whatever. Anyone banned from that cesspool should feel proud. The alleged "discourse" over there is just a complete joke.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Well then if they're watching this topic: GO FUCK THE DEVIL!!!

The whole place (DN Forum) has a "dont disturb the writters" environment, hypocracy dwells in there like an angry land lord and Byron's cynicism is thick enough to beat goats to death with. To whoever is thinking of going there DONT, they'll rape your integrity.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

I ve sent a PM to Spice Granson yesterday asking him about why I ve been banned, and this afternoon I receive the answer from him:

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

"favorite passages??? Paul never liked the Jihad! And he never omitted that from his direct headeds! It is in the firsts chapters of Dune Messiah, where he discuss with Stilgar and Korba about the Jihad!

fuckers."

Calling the authors "fuckers" goes beyond disrespect, I think. Don't you?

finally I discovery why I ve been banned. Yep, he is right. I was disrespectful.

I trully didnt remember that I wrote that word. But I remenber that I was very mad when I ended my reading of the first chapter of PoD. It was probably because of that I let my hands write "fuckers".

I finished the chapter revolted about how it was so bad written, with a big inconsistency (Skull tomb) and with a lot of misinterpretations of what was the Jihad of Muad'dib.

I'm still agaisnt the new book, and the will of "new writers" to continue the duniverse. I know I wasnt right to use this bad work. But it was my felling, unhapply.

Well, once more , thank byron to answer me.

-- The Stolen Journals

orald

Post by orald »

Notice he only claims it's disrespectful, not that it's untrue. :P

Can someone ask Byron over at DN if it's Kevin who forces him to wear the kilt when he shags him senseless or does he enjoy it by himself, since it matches the blond wig?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I start to feel that Byron is even a bigger fucker then the hacks are. Its one thing to be a fucker but to be the one that has to defend them .... woohoo ... I rather live in a sewer!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

And we sewer rats are glad to have you here with us! ;)

(Orald: I think probably Kevin requests it. That way he can lift it up and cover Big B's head and pretend he's doing someone else entirely.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Ole Prune Dude has finally come out of the closet recently.
Doesn't even pretend to be partial anymore.
Don't sweat it.
Fuck him.
Remember he said PoD is amazing the best yet (probably because there's a scene with the Caladan primitives dancing topless with their tits bouncing around)!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Yea, I meant to ask: Have they ever mentioned these "primitives" before, or is this something new?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I think I vaguely remember a reference to primitives in one of FH's books, but I might be wrong.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:I ve sent a PM to Spice Granson yesterday asking him about why I ve been banned, and this afternoon I receive the answer from him:

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

"favorite passages??? Paul never liked the Jihad! And he never omitted that from his direct headeds! It is in the firsts chapters of Dune Messiah, where he discuss with Stilgar and Korba about the Jihad!

fuckers."

finally I discovery why I ve been banned. Yep, he is right. I was disrespectful.

I trully didnt remember that I wrote that word. But I remenber that I was very mad when I ended my reading of the first chapter of PoD. It was probably because of that I let my hands write "fuckers".

I finished the chapter revolted about how it was so bad written, with a big inconsistency (Skull tomb) and with a lot of misinterpretations of what was the Jihad of Muad'dib.

I'm still agaisnt the new book, and the will of "new writers" to continue the duniverse. I know I wasnt right to use this bad work. But it was my felling, unhapply.

Don't forget to mention that this was a post of yours from here that got you banned, not a post at DN. DN doesn't even let you use the word fuck.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:I ve sent a PM to Spice Granson yesterday asking him about why I ve been banned, and this afternoon I receive the answer from him:

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:

fuckers."

Don't forget to mention that this was a post of yours from here that got you banned, not a post at DN. DN doesn't even let you use the word fuck.
yes!

How could he ban me for something I wrote here, not there?

I was thinking that maybe I copied my post here and put there, so, if anyone could duble check that I would be pleased.
But even if I done that, the word "fuckers" would ve been changed by the forum policy.

So, I'm still waiting from Byron the real elucidation.

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol: Don't hold back, man. Tell us how you really feel.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman