I've been banned!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Simon

Post by Simon »

I think something else is going on over there, I've been having technical troubles myself. Besides that Byron doesn't hit me as a mean spirited guy. If he were going to ban Freak I think he'd do it out right. Maybe he wouldn't warn him depending on the infraction or whatever but I seriously doubt he'd just up and change his password while leaving him as an active member.

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. I agree that Freak is an asset to the online Dune community and he has taken care with his words. I can't claim to have seen every post he's posted (too much,too much!) but from what I've seen Freak has stayed "in bounds", as it were.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Simon wrote:I think something else is going on over there, I've been having technical troubles myself. Besides that Byron doesn't hit me as a mean spirited guy. If he were going to ban Freak I think he'd do it out right. Maybe he wouldn't warn him depending on the infraction or whatever but I seriously doubt he'd just up and change his password while leaving him as an active member.

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. I agree that Freak is an asset to the online Dune community and he has taken care with his words. I can't claim to have seen every post he's posted (too much,too much!) but from what I've seen Freak has stayed "in bounds", as it were.
How do you think it would look if he suddenly lost 13% (~6,000) of his posts?

In case you're wondering, it's all because I used this as my signature:

I assume... :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Simon

Post by Simon »

Freakzilla wrote:
Simon wrote:I think something else is going on over there, I've been having technical troubles myself. Besides that Byron doesn't hit me as a mean spirited guy. If he were going to ban Freak I think he'd do it out right. Maybe he wouldn't warn him depending on the infraction or whatever but I seriously doubt he'd just up and change his password while leaving him as an active member.

How do you think it would look if he suddenly lost 13% (~6,000) of his posts?

In case you're wondering, it's all because I used this as my signature:

I assume... :?

Ah. Yes. Nevermind. That'd do it! :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Plus, I was on my "final warning" for all my "negative comments".
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Does it actually lower the over all post count when he bans someone? I think it'd stay the same, and based on your total, plus the totals of the other banned members I think it's very safe to say that fully 1/4 off all the posts there are by banned members.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I don't think so. Names remain and old post just say "guest" where the avatar used to be.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Is Freak actually banned? Wow, if so, then that place is down to zero credibility. It won't even be worth the occasional lurking any longer.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

He's "secretly" banned. Byron doesn't want the other members to know about it.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I can't log on, that's close enough.
You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I see Purge has jumped on the ban-wagon. :lol:
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Yup, we're all with ya Freak. You're the man we march with and we wont just let this crap slide.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:I see Purge has jumped on the ban-wagon. :lol:
Big time.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Spice Grandson have made his craziest act.
I'm sorry for you, Freak: Be used like a puppets by Spice Grandson, without be able to login, only able to watch that board being filled with more thrash, and you avatar being used to maintain some status with your great posts there.

Now, it's time for us to transform this board at the biggest and the most important about DUNE. The movie will come, and we have to be prepared to show to new fans the true face of the new books. We have to defended the FH legacy.
Last edited by Lisan Al-Gaib on 12 Sep 2008 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Simon

Post by Simon »

Freakzilla wrote:I see Purge has jumped on the ban-wagon. :lol:
Seems so. :roll:

In regards to your exile, you had to know that wouldn't fly.

I'll give you points for originality though, that was the first "blaze of glory" in gif form. :lol:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Simon wrote:In regards to your exile, you had to know that wouldn't fly.
Yawn.

It's their loss ... I think we can all agree on that. Who are you going to have a "discussion" with now, I wonder? Fucking Arnoldo? :? :) :shock:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Simon wrote: In regards to your exile, you had to know that wouldn't fly.
Of course. Simon, Byron probably deleted a couple thousand of my posts at least. I grew weary of it.
I'll give you points for originality though, that was the first "blaze of glory" in gif form. :lol:
I wish it could have been more dramatic.
~Pink Snowman
Purge

Post by Purge »

What is there at DN to hook in a fan of FH's work? What's the motivation? You are dooming yourself to an experience full of getting posts deleted, of Byron coddling people who appear to have hardly if ever read any of Frank's Dune books, and stiffling of intelligent discussion. They'll never have another poster the quality of Freak. It's been consistently down hill for that forum and it's only down hill from here.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I'm just going to bitch slap Hyp till I get banned. It makes me feel good.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:I'm just going to bitch slap Hyp till I get banned. It makes me feel good.
I anticipate this with great eagerness...
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Purge wrote:What is there at DN to hook in a fan of FH's work? What's the motivation? You are dooming yourself to an experience full of getting posts deleted, of Byron coddling people who appear to have hardly if ever read any of Frank's Dune books, and stiffling of intelligent discussion. They'll never have another poster the quality of Freak. It's been consistently down hill for that forum and it's only down hill from here.
I was so excited when I discovered there was an official Dune forum...

Until I found out Frank Herbert fans weren't welcome.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:I'm just going to bitch slap Hyp till I get banned. It makes me feel good.
Fuck, I wish I could watch that. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

My favorite so far:

Hyp:

"Hrethgir" seems to me to be a combination of Middle English, Scandinavian, and modern words spelled backward.

Crys:

Hypatia seems to me to be a combination of wart hog, hippo, and baboon, but mostly the backward sections.

Is this petty? Yeah, but who gives a fuck.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:My favorite so far:

Hyp:

"Hrethgir" seems to me to be a combination of Middle English, Scandinavian, and modern words spelled backward.

Crys:

Hypatia seems to me to be a combination of wart hog, hippo, and baboon, but mostly the backward sections.

Is this petty? Yeah, but who gives a fuck.
:lol:
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:laughing:
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Oh...and GOOD one, Purge :P