I've been banned!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I notice that manbearpig found his way back.
that post was a test to see if i was banned or if he would notice he forgot about me ...i know how to change my isp so he could ban me 1000 times and it wont matter...i could just create a new non-used email account somewhere and i could get back in...of course why the hell would i want to
It hardly seems worth the trouble, doesn't it?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You may also want to note that there are more than two versions of the safe depost box story.

There are two more versions, one where the lawyer finds the keys, one where they have to get the boxes drilled open.

:wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

trang wrote:Got banned yesterday for a post I made. I made it on the New Facebook fan page then cut and paste it to DN.

basically just asked a question, with the release of POD and it wedged into the originals now, are we gonna have dune 2.0 and rewrites of the originals to cover the vast differences betweent them. THis should clear up everything for THEIR Fanbase.

Bam... banned.
Yippie.!
Trang
I saw that over there, not suprised you got the boot for it. Welcome to the club!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

trang wrote:Got banned yesterday for a post I made. I made it on the New Facebook fan page then cut and paste it to DN.

basically just asked a question, with the release of POD and it wedged into the originals now, are we gonna have dune 2.0 and rewrites of the originals to cover the vast differences betweent them. THis should clear up everything for THEIR Fanbase.

Bam... banned.
Yippie.!
Trang
Congrats, Trang ! :P The Great Exodus continues...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Someone finaly grew some...
You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
:P
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um, sorry, 'fraid not.

He's still the same BALL-LESS WONDER: Your name still appears in the members list with 5745 posts (still the top poster).

What The Sackless One has done is just ban your IP address. That's the message you get when he does that.

Byron, you really are a pathetic loser. You do realize that, right?

Right?

(WRITE anything besides sucking-ass BBS BS or reviews of OTHER'S books lately? :lol: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's dissapointing. :cry:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:That's dissapointing. :cry:
That's really pathetic. We should all just spam the fuck out of his email until he gets sick of us and deletes your account.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Freakzilla wrote:Someone finaly grew some...
You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
:P
Dark times have finally come to a end. Great Freak has been banned.

But our movement (can I called it that?) is making progress, KJA has put some hints against us in his POD, and Byron has been more barbarian than never.

I think he should try to contact some of other HPL members. Would we have some advancement in our crusade having more contact of someone of inside? :twisted:
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Kevin is fair game, but contacting other members of the HLP should be done with as much respect as is possible with our grievances.

that should prove to be an interesting lesson in diplomacy.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Ampoliros wrote:Kevin is fair game, but contacting other members of the HLP should be done with as much respect as is possible with our grievances.

that should prove to be an interesting lesson in diplomacy.
I agree.

I wrote my post above kidding, but I really find someone here with a good diplomatic manners should try to do that. We would grow up as opposition.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Waste of time, if you ask me. What do you hope to gain?

Brian and Penny are the senior partners (SFAIK), Byron and everyone else are junior. Not sure how that translates into voting rights within their organization, but consider this:

- Brian chose Kevin as his writing partner and evidently the HLP board members simply rubberstamped it, overjoyed that Brian would be writing something new.

- The HLP evidently exercises NO EDITORIAL CONTROL WHATSOEVER over the content of the books that the Hacks Twain are putting out. (Hell, they don't even control what goes up on the website they're paying for!) Otherwise Byron wouldn't be waiting to get an ARC of books to find out what happens in them; he would also have his own copy of the most important, relevant notes and materials ("Dune 7" outline, for example). (Remember how Kevin blawgged that he was the one to make the final edits to the PoD manuscript and to send it off to the editors? Didn't pass HLP editorial scrutiny, obviously. Even Brian didn't see THE FINAL version before it went off.)

I see no point in trying to contact anyone else. They'll just forward any messages to Byron or Brian-Kevin for handling.

Waste. Of. Time.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I can second that: complete waste of time. I've had some experience with the HLP in the past regarding various gaming projects, and I can tell you first-hand that it's not an organization set up to deal with the public. Like ever.

Chigger's description seems essentially correct to me. Brian is the public face of the HLP (I'll skip the too-easy jokes), Byron is the semi-public figure who got stuck with dealing with (very poorly) the masses at the forums, and KJA is the hired gun who, by all appearances, now seems to actually run the organization. He's either slimed his way up the ladder over the years or else the HLP basically wants him to run things ... sadly, the latter wouldn't surprise me too much.

Everyone else? Utterly useless. It's completely obvious that the HLP's real role is to serve as a legal entity to control the flow of who gets what royalty checks when Kevvie hikes out another episode. That's it. Other than the obvious media of books and movies, all other brand-related questions are answered with a "no"; any effort at contact by individual fans or groups of fans is stopped at the door with a wall of silence. (Dune is actually one of the most poorly-branded franchises in the history of marketing, and the fault is entirely the HLP's ... but that's probably worth a separate discussion of its own).

Anyway, back to the point: waste of time. There's a big stone wall around the HLP; banging your head against it won't prove or solve anything.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

very good point.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

TheDukester wrote:I can second that: complete waste of time. I've had some experience with the HLP in the past regarding various gaming projects, and I can tell you first-hand that it's not an organization set up to deal with the public. Like ever.
Yes. You make the sad but real point about all.
I see the other fictional universes growing, and when I look to what they are doing to DUNE make me very sad. I don't like the felling of don't having any power to do something about it. it's very frustrating.

-- The Stolen Journals

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

TheDukester wrote:I can second that: complete waste of time. I've had some experience with the HLP in the past regarding various gaming projects, and I can tell you first-hand that it's not an organization set up to deal with the public. Like ever.
When HLP employees publicly describe their customers as "talifans", they might as well have Mel Gibson running their public relations department :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:
When HLP employees publicly describe their customers as "talifans", they might as well have Mel Gibson running their public relations department :)
"We will defeat those Talifans, for the HLP, Kevy and Brian, until we finally get some...Freeeeeedooooooommmmmm....and stop calling them Haaaaacccckkkksssss..." :lol: