The HLP: many are HERBERTS

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Spice Grandson wrote:This is a no-win situation: If we keep going, it's just because of flame-baiting like this. If we don't, those who disagree we'll be drawn into it and insulted until we're either considered trolls or yelled-down by the ignorant.
Um...proofread much?

And who are you calling ignorant? I saw you admit over on Dune Novels that you haven't seen the purported "Dune 7" outline or notes for, what was it, ten years or so? Sounds to me like you're a bit ignorant of the details of what your grandfather may or may not have intended for his last Dune book.

Does that go the same for all the other members of the HLP board? Haven't Brian and Kevin discussed with the rest of you what is actually IN the materials left behind by Frank Herbert, or what they intend to put into each of their new books?

For a group who CLAIM to be interested in preserving Frank Herbert's legacy and introducing it to new generations of readers, you all sure seem pretty IGNORANT of what is going on. If you were really concerned like you say you are, why haven't you exercised any control to date?

(Doesn't it bother you that Kevin, a fucking outsider, has more access to your grandfather's ideas than you do? He is still an outsider, right? Or is he now an "Honorary Herbert"?)

Sad, Byron, really sad. But please, quote some more REAL Dune at us. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

HA!

Figured out the IP ban of my home address had slipped again, huh?

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!

(But not to worry, I'll just pop over to the Net cafe later. You're going to have to block the whole fooking country.)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Since you don't answer on DN, I'll ask again here:

Is KJA a member of the HLP?

Does he have a contract with the HLP?

Is he blackmailing the HLP?

Why is KJA still writing Dune books?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Can we treat this one as an ALL PLAY?! :D
Freakzilla wrote:Is KJA a member of the HLP?
No. He doesn't have to be: the HLP is irrelevant.
Does he have a contract with the HLP?
No. He owns their asses. (See next answer.)
Is he blackmailing the HLP?
He has to be. Or maybe they're all stupid and still wowwed by his ability to hike in the best-sellers. (Number of sales is what it's all about, after all.)
Why is KJA still writing Dune books?
Huh? Has KJA ever written a Dune book? Him and Nappy Head have some Dune fanfic out there, but....

:lol:
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Spice Grandson wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Yep, the wall of ignorance has just been erected, so this thread will go nowhere. Guess that's what we get for making solid counterpoints :)
"The assumption that a whole system can be made to work better through an assault on its conscious elements betrays a dangerous ignorance. This has often been the ignorant approach of those who call themselves scientists and technologists." -- The Butlerian Jihad, by Harq al-Ada

From Children of Dune
If we ever used quotes from the real Dune like Byron just did they would've been promptly deleted over on dumbnovels...preserving his legacy :roll:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:HA!

Figured out the IP ban of my home address had slipped again, huh?

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!

(But not to worry, I'll just pop over to the Net cafe later. You're going to have to block the whole fooking country.)
:lol: :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
Spice Grandson wrote:This is a no-win situation: If we keep going, it's just because of flame-baiting like this. If we don't, those who disagree we'll be drawn into it and insulted until we're either considered trolls or yelled-down by the ignorant.
Um...proofread much?

And who are you calling ignorant? I saw you admit over on Dune Novels that you haven't seen the purported "Dune 7" outline or notes for, what was it, ten years or so? Sounds to me like you're a bit ignorant of the details of what your grandfather may or may not have intended for his last Dune book.

Does that go the same for all the other members of the HLP board? Haven't Brian and Kevin discussed with the rest of you what is actually IN the materials left behind by Frank Herbert, or what they intend to put into each of their new books?

For a group who CLAIM to be interested in preserving Frank Herbert's legacy and introducing it to new generations of readers, you all sure seem pretty IGNORANT of what is going on. If you were really concerned like you say you are, why haven't you exercised any control to date?

(Doesn't it bother you that Kevin, a fucking outsider, has more access to your grandfather's ideas than you do? He is still an outsider, right? Or is he now an "Honorary Herbert"?)

Sad, Byron, really sad. But please, quote some more REAL Dune at us. :roll:

I dont know if you guys have noticed yet, but that last comment by the Ole Dune Dud was his way of saying he has not the mental horsepower to deal with us, and hes bowing out. Again. At least until we say something that pisses him off that he actually notices over here. Can anyone think of anything?

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Working on it. ;)

I want to provoke him enough to pull out the stone and fool's wrath quote. :D

Or was it a tumbleweed and Irwin's impotence? I get those confused.... :roll:
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Omphalos wrote: I dont know if you guys have noticed yet, but that last comment by the Ole Dune Dud was his way of saying he has not the mental horsepower to deal with us, and hes bowing out. Again. At least until we say something that pisses him off that he actually notices over here. Can anyone think of anything?
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it....

PUSSY!

PUSSY!

PUSSY!

PUSSY!
Last edited by Mr. Teg on 15 May 2008 19:16, edited 4 times in total.
CHOAM
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um...he means:

HERE YODA KITTY!

HERE YODA KITTY!

HERE YODA KITTY!

HERE YODA KITTY!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Wow. YOu guys are quick. I was thinking better of that last comment, and was coming over to tame it down. Guess I wont get a chance to do that!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Omphalos wrote:Wow. YOu guys are quick. I was thinking better of that last comment, and was coming over to tame it down. Guess I wont get a chance to do that!
Why change it. His post was a total cop-out!

PUSSY!

PUSSY!

PUSSY!

PUSSY!
CHOAM
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd like to think we can do better than name calling. :(
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, bit of stress relief.

Besides, he probably enjoys it.

I mean, the whole HLP board are undoubtably a bit masochistic, if you think about it.

How else could Kevin keep them "whipped" the way he has? :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:How else could Kevin keep them "whipped" the way he has? :wink:
With cream? :)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:
SandChigger wrote:How else could Kevin keep them "whipped" the way he has? :wink:
With cream? :)
NICE! :D

Moooooooooooooooo!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

You're jumping way ahead of yourself, at least in my case (and I won't speak for others here). I've not yet begun to insult and where I'm from, disregarding a perfectly valid rebuttal is acting in ignorance.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

For those of you annoyed by this thread:

I'm willing to shut up now since I made my point clear and nobody argues against it. But if this thread keeps going, I'm tempted to say more.

Then there is the option of locking this thread. I don't mind, I've already said what has to be said.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nebiros wrote:I'm willing to shut up now since I made my point clear and nobody argues against it.
WTF? :roll:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
Nebiros wrote:I'm willing to shut up now since I made my point clear and nobody argues against it.
WTF? :roll:
I agree, WTF?

There's seven pages of people arguing against it.

:crazy:
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Nebiros wrote:For those of you annoyed by this thread:

I'm willing to shut up now since I made my point clear and nobody argues against it. But if this thread keeps going, I'm tempted to say more.

Then there is the option of locking this thread. I don't mind, I've already said what has to be said.
Or in short- please lock the thread, I've been beaten byond recognition. :)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Shall I repeat myself?

To be brief:

You say how terrible the new books are and some even say how they are ruining Frank's legacy. Yet you refuse to admit that the Herberts betrayed Frank. This is contradicting.

Frank loved his family despite their flaws. He'd be happy for Brian and proud of his acheivements. Or he'd feel betrayed. Simple as that.

This is my point.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Nebiros wrote:Shall I repeat myself?

To be brief:

Frank loved his family despite their flaws. He'd be happy for Brian and proud of his acheivements. Or he'd feel betrayed. Simple as that.

This is my point.
More brief:

Simple as that? Obviously, you are very young.

Their are plenty of examples of parents horrified by what their child has done but still love 'em regardless.
CHOAM
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Freakzilla wrote:I'd like to think we can do better than name calling. :(
You're right. We can do better. We can do a podcast :D

Stay tuned...
CHOAM
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nebiros wrote:Shall I repeat myself?
NO! :shock:

Shit...too late. :roll:
To be brief:
(Not posting is briefer...but never mind.)
You say how terrible the new books are and some even say how they are ruining Frank's legacy. Yet you refuse to admit that the Herberts betrayed Frank. This is contradicting.
I believe the word you want there, writer wannabe, is contradictory. :roll:

I'm kinda lost as to how you can betray a dead person. But don't let that stop you.

The only way I can see they could be betraying him is if he left specific orders as to what he wanted done with his legacy and they are not following his wishes.

YES, I think they are destroying his legacy with indifference or ineptitude in the form of cheap, crappy books written by hack assisting (or just in the name of) a man whose best writing days are obviously well behind him, and that some of them are probably doing it simply for financial gain. That's bad enough, isn't it? Why do you have to add some childish bit of drama into it as well?
Frank loved his family despite their flaws.

How do you know that? Is Frank communing with you from beyond the grave? You know nothing of the sort.
He'd be happy for Brian and proud of his acheivements. Or he'd feel betrayed. Simple as that.

This is my point.
Yes, we've gotten the point that you have a ridiculously simple view of the world. Ah, if only life were as simple as it is in the young world of Nebiros.

Go shtoop your wife and make some children of your own, how about? See just how simple life really is.

SHEESH! :roll: