Interest? Creating A True To FH Dune 7/8 Detailed Outline

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

HoosierDaddy

Interest? Creating A True To FH Dune 7/8 Detailed Outline

Post by HoosierDaddy »

This would be a collaborative effort for interested members.

I know there have been threads on other sites, but I haven't seen a detailed version of what FH might have truly envisioned.

This thread isn't to propose an outline, but to poll interest, and a plan to collaborate.

Let's do this. I'm willing to spend some time to making this happen.
orald

Post by orald »

Hot, sweaty Sheena/Duncan sex scenes- there were definately going to be those. :wink:

I feel it might be a bit sacriligeous of people to try and write or suggest what might happen in Dune 7/8 fan-fic.
Of coure, actually writing poor fan-fic under that name and selling it to people is byond blasphemy. :x
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm in.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:I feel it might be a bit sacriligeous of people to try and write or suggest what might happen in Dune 7/8 fan-fic.
Then can we assume that you are not interested and will go off and chew on a carrot somewhere? Or, more likely, that you'll piss and moan like you have been on GP's Macross animé thread? :roll:

I'm interested, HD. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

No, buttercups, I just announced my slight concerns on the matter, of course I'll post helpful tips if I can.

It's just that I look at the DE and that's what I see- a fan-fic that strayed way byond what I'd call good taste on some matters, and I'm sure on alot more if I dared read it through.
My advice is stick to the basics, don't go running with all kinds of wierd stuff people seem to put into fan-fics.

Speaking of which, why is it that fan-fics and novelizations of movies(or movie universes, like ST, SW etc) seem to have been all written under LSD halucinations? Or is it every fan just want to make it "bigger and better", AKA that ultimate bomb-spaceship-thingy in SW?

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You thinking clam-powered ornithopters, too, cupems? ;)

No idea what the reason is, but last night I ran across our favorite #1 Dune fanficker's SW "novella" IG-88 thang. Bigger. Better. More Bombs and Super-Weapons. :roll:

Slightly back on T, I remember seeing a "Let's Write Dune 7" project on one of the other forums I joined about a year ago but didn't post on much afterwards. I don't think it was the Sietch or GholaForum, but our mutual friend (cough cough) HowlingRavingNoOne was prominently involved (or at least prominently posting?). From what little I looked at the relevant threads, it seemed like there was a lot of mystical Jedi-like wizard nonesense being proposed (most by you-know-who).

Anyway, does this ring any bells with anyone, as to which forum or what they were really up to?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:You thinking clam-powered ornithopters, too, cupems? ;)

No idea what the reason is, but last night I ran across our favorite #1 Dune fanficker's SW "novella" IG-88 thang. Bigger. Better. More Bombs and Super-Weapons. :roll:

Slightly back on T, I remember seeing a "Let's Write Dune 7" project on one of the other forums I joined about a year ago but didn't post on much afterwards. I don't think it was the Sietch or GholaForum, but our mutual friend (cough cough) HowlingRavingNoOne was prominently involved (or at least prominently posting?). From what little I looked at the relevant threads, it seemed like there was a lot of mystical Jedi-like wizard nonesense being proposed (most by you-know-who).

Anyway, does this ring any bells with anyone, as to which forum or what they were really up to?
Dont think it was GF. I never really went to The Sietch after joining, so I dont know about that.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I just went through the forum links on my old Blogger blog...can't find it. (What happened to Cave of Birds? It's set to offline, not database-screwed like GF. By the way, who was the owner/admin at GF?)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't The Sietch (the place never seemed to have that much energy, to undertake a project like that), but it might have been.

(I found a post, by Mandy I think, that said Howler was Greenhopi over on GF. I think I responded to some of his wacko posts there, too. Kinda reassuring to see that my BS detectors are consistent. Remind me to finish going through the Canopic jars thread over on T(A)U. ;) )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I dont know who owned GF. I never figured it out. One or two of those guys who posted a lot on the new DoD were pretty active there, but that was a totally relevant term.

Oh, wait. I think some guy named Dario owned GF.

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, some Italian(?) named Dario owned GF, and he said he was hosting it on his own home server or something IIRC.
Irulan was his #2...she didn't take it all that nicely that some people didn't get all excited about reviving DoD(though I was supportive myself).
In the end(or the begining? how long did GF last anyway?) there wasn't that much going on there, and the lack of management and direction didn't help it either.

I think DoD had a topic like that, but it's been 2-3 years now, so I'm not sure. I haven't actually looked through most of DoD thoroughly anyway, I was there for about 3 months before it went down.

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I think GF and Worm's opened up at the same time, like, 2005 or so. A three year run ain't bad, especially for a site where the owners have lost interest, no?

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Umm, I think GF opened up about a year after Haven, at the least.

When I joined Haven(I believe just after DoD closed) it was already a few months old, I think, and then Arrakeen opened up and GF only came along after Arrakeen was already well established.

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Eh? Whatever. Two of the three of them are dead and gone for good. 2005'ish is right anyway.

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

You could always check Haven for Dario's registration date, it was a bit after GF was announced.

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I don't care that much, orald. They all came after DoD folded, and that's all I know.

Goodnight Golden Path!
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

So who's in?

There are many of us that can quote FH verbatim, but what I'm hoping for is a diverse group. Anybody that feels passionate that FH is being defiled by the preeks/seeks are sought here.

My other question. How do we proceed? Do we need a special place to exchange ideas? Wiki? Somewhere here at Jakurutu?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Here's convenient, no? If Freak has no objections.

Maybe another forum here under "General Dune Discussion"? Titled so as to make it clear it's a fan fiction project?
loremaster

Post by loremaster »

I'm in.

RE: organisation.

Maybe you should split threads into certain plotlines (Enemy of Many Faces, New sisterhood, Orthodox Sisterhood, Handlers and Futars, etc).

I dont mind suggesting plotlines, running any through my head to see if they "Feel" dune. But i dont think i could write for toffee.
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!
orald

Post by orald »

Or Dune Media, where fan-fics usually go to. It's the same thing though.

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

i agree it might be a good idea to have separate threads for each theme, so we can compile the known facts about each before there is a jump into outlining a Dune 7
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Someone let Freak or me know if you decide on a structure you want so we can set it up for you.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

bryanvdk wrote:if there would be multiple threads, then i'd suggest not putting it under General Dune Discussion but making its own section instead, I can see it getting messy if you don't
Sorry, I meant "Dune Discussion" above. :oops:

So, one more time:

Make it a forum (suitably titled..."Dune 7 Fanfic (Project?)"?), like "General Dune Discussion" = this forum we're in now, under the category "Dune Discussion".

(Not trying to be difficult, but it's not really media-related, is it? And initially there will be more discussion of details, so....)
orald

Post by orald »

This talk about where it'll be kinda remins me of the scene in The Life of Brian where Brian's GF runs to tell the underground leaders he's to be crucified and urges them to do something, so they start discussing it.

HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

I like the idea of having a special section here at Jacurutu for this, and I also think we need to limit people having posting privileges there.

Not to be an elitist , but the idea of Orald (or similar) throwing in lame/stupid/ comments while we are taking this thing seriously would be very aggravating.

I'm really looking forward to this discussion and debate. I've got some pet ideas, but I'm very open to other pet ideas.

:D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hmmm...I'm sure he'll be a good little monster...won't you, Orald? :D

If not, we can ask Freak or Omph to move the posts elsewhere, no?