Melange

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

orald wrote:Probably got confused with the unused eggs and tissue(that one does become something in case it's fertilzed, no?) women bleed in their periods.
That's kind of right. Menstruation is the discharge of the endometrium, which is a substance that temporarily lines of the uterus in anticipation of fertilization. In the case that an egg is fertilized, this is the tissue that it will anchor itself to. If the egg is not fertilized before it becomes nonviable, the endometrium is shed. That is what the period is. Not sure that I remember correctly, but at that point I believe the egg has been completely absorbed by that tissue.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The blastula or blastosphere ("an animal embryo at the early stage of development when it is a hollow ball of cells") is what I was thinking of.

I'm surprised (and pleased) I remembered that much. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Wow. I mean, wow. Wouldn't it have been easier if FH just had them smoking it?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

I gotta come out clean, guys, the truth of the matter it's sandtrout piss.
They're eating dried up sandtrout piss.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:The blastula or blastosphere ("an animal embryo at the early stage of development when it is a hollow ball of cells") is what I was thinking of.

I'm surprised (and pleased) I remembered that much. :D
Ah! OK. It does that that form, but the chamber serves no purpose. Its just there because that is how tiny round cells fit together.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

fantomas wrote:
SandChigger wrote: and you've got sand containing sand plankton and a bath of spice and water to lure them into. ;)

Much easier to transplant sandtrout. (Not sure about the sand plankton then. ???)
when you say "bath of spice and water",

is it the pre-spice patch of encapsulated water?
Oh, sorry for ignoring you, Sunshine. I'm sure Big Sky Daddy will have my bum for it.

No...the bath of spice and water is what Sheeana lured the old worm into in order to get the spice cycle started on Chapterhouse planet.

Dis woter have nutting to do with pre-spice encapsulated woter. Dis woter live in Mombasa!
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:
fantomas wrote:
SandChigger wrote: and you've got sand containing sand plankton and a bath of spice and water to lure them into. ;)

Much easier to transplant sandtrout. (Not sure about the sand plankton then. ???)
when you say "bath of spice and water",

is it the pre-spice patch of encapsulated water?
Oh, sorry for ignoring you, Sunshine. I'm sure Big Sky Daddy will have my bum for it.

No...the bath of spice and water is what Sheeana lured the old worm into in order to get the spice cycle started on Chapterhouse planet.
Got it!
I need to urge my self to read voraciously if ever I hope to do battle in Jacurutu :oops:

Sunshine came slowly upon...
my window today
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, sorry for ignoring you, Sunshine. I'm sure Big Sky Daddy will have my bum for it.
The coals are cold and never while hot were heaps over your head; I realized you never wanted to hurt me, just to slap me about a bit. 8)

Sunshine? I love it!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, I wanted to hurt you.

Still do, as a matter of fact.

But my faith is that the Universe will take care of things nicely for me. In the meantime, idiocy is its own reward. :D
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Anyone know why FH chose to name the spice Melange? This is french for mixture is it not? (I really don't know, it's the other side of canada that has french people). What was he trying to say by calling it that?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Err-ass-muss zays:

"Mais d'accord! Yays yays yays, eet eez Franch off courze! Eet eez be-cows zee spass, she taste like so many different tastes, and she taste different every tame you taste 'er! C'est inexplicable, mais c'est vrai! Ou? Là, là!" :D

(Imagine that in my worst podcast accent. Apologies to all French and French speaking people on-board! I really DO love your language. ;) )
orald

Post by orald »

Because he wanted to show how evil it is, so he gave it a frenchie name. :twisted:

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Err-ass-muss zays:

"Mais d'accord! Yays yays yays, eet eez Franch off courze! Eet eez be-cows zee spass, she taste like so many different tastes, and she taste different every tame you taste 'er! C'est inexplicable, mais c'est vrai! Ou? Là, là!" :D

(Imagine that in my worst podcast accent. Apologies to all French and French speaking people on-board! I really DO love your language. ;) )
Hmmmffff...all right, apologies accepted... :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:cry:

My French is good for two things only: torturing or angering French speakers! ;)

It's a panic.
orald

Post by orald »

Angering French speakers is a good reason in itself.

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

orald wrote:Angering French speakers is a good reason in itself.
Yeah, shit, what are they going to do, start a fight with you and promptly surrender? :P
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

SandChigger wrote::cry:

My French is good for two things only: torturing or angering French speakers! ;)

It's a panic.
"In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language."
-Mark Twain
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:Image
:lol:

This thread just got a lot better!

Sorry, Rakis. I have some frog blood to (Swiss Huguenot), but I love making fun of the French.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
Crysknife wrote:Image
:lol:

This thread just got a lot better!

Sorry, Rakis. I have some frog blood to (Swiss Huguenot), but I love making fun of the French.
No problem ! I'm Canadian !! You can say whatever the hell ya want about France ! :P
orald

Post by orald »

I hate France and the French, and their stupid language. And don't get me started on the accent... :roll:

They still have some hope though, if they wake up early enough and notice those riots and take-over of their country. Kinda like Holland is having...but those guys are probably too dopped to notice much.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What's really, really weird is...I seem to have a French cult following. :shock:

I've never been to France, but you hear the rumors about how the French treat anyone who tries to speak the language but can't do it perfectly, right?

Well, I torture the French prof in the department with mine and he just laughs and toasts me repeatedly (at the little restaurant where I run into him more often than I do on campus...???). :shock:

I do a really bad accent in our podcast and these French BBS members praise me as leader of the Talifans. :shock:

I don't get it. :shock:

(Well, maybe most of them haven't heard the podcast! :D )
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I went to Paris in '89 for their bicentennial and enjoyed it. The people were more polite there than they were in England.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandChigger wrote:What's really, really weird is...I seem to have a French cult following. :shock:

I've never been to France, but you hear the rumors about how the French treat anyone who tries to speak the language but can't do it perfectly, right?

Well, I torture the French prof in the department with mine and he just laughs and toasts me repeatedly (at the little restaurant where I run into him more often than I do on campus...???). :shock:

I do a really bad accent in our podcast and these French BBS members praise me as leader of the Talifans. :shock:

I don't get it. :shock:

(Well, maybe most of them haven't heard the podcast! :D )
The French from France aren't nearly as bad as the Quebecers. In Quebec, if you don't pronounce something exactly correct they just ignore you. The running joke in Canada is that in France stop signs say "stop" in Quebec they say "Arret". I love french, but the rampant english hating gets a bit much sometimes in Canada.
orald

Post by orald »

Don't the "stop" signs in France say it in whatever language the current occupier talks? :P

Hmm, how do you say "stop" in Terrorist, err, Arabic?
I had to learn that in 7-9th grade, got like a 90 grade or something but I really didn't know much, and I don't remember anything. Thankfully.