Muriz being used Twice in Children of Dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

istaivan

Muriz being used Twice in Children of Dune

Post by istaivan »

Has anyone heard any definitive statement if using "Muriz" for two different people was on purpose or an accident in at least the Berkley and Ace mass market paperbacks of Children of Dune?
Was there originally a different name (in either the earlier spot or later)?
One is Palimbasha's girlfriend.
The other...isn't. My memory fails but the 2nd Muriz has something to do with Shuloch or Jacurutu.
I mean you see something like that and you seriously suspect "okay, there was a 2nd name that was different in at least the manuscript or an early hardcover edition, and then the paperback transcription people were just sloppy later on."
--D

[Edit: verified again and yes, indeed the second Muriz is a guy not a gal, he's the fellow (with Behaleth) whom Leto meets on the way to Shuloch after escaping from Jacurutu, Leto threatens to hijack the thopter if they don't all proceed there together. Refers to himself as that 'arifa of this taif', etc]
Last edited by istaivan on 25 Feb 2019 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Muriz being used Twice in Children of Dune

Post by Freakzilla »

I always thought it was the same Muriz :?:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freak, didn't that English guy who founded Arrakeen post a comparison of Ace/Berekely and other publisher's books here somewhere?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I remember that being done with HoD and CH:D but I'm not sure about the earlier books.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman