Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Question about Fremen motivation in Paul's Jihad

Post by Serkanner »

lotek wrote:
Naib wrote:
georgiedenbro wrote:
Naib wrote: Thufir might have died before being able to train the next generation.
There was always Piter :dance:
Yeah. And pugs make great weapons. :whistle:

"A madman," the Baron said. "But all Fremen are a little mad."

"Mad?"

"His people scream his name as they leap into battle. The women throw their pug dogs at us and hurl themselves onto our knives to open a wedge for their men to attack us. They have no . . . no . . . decency!"
:lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Naib

Post by Naib »

lotek wrote:
Naib wrote:
georgiedenbro wrote:
Naib wrote: Thufir might have died before being able to train the next generation.
There was always Piter :dance:
Yeah. And pugs make great weapons. :whistle:

"A madman," the Baron said. "But all Fremen are a little mad."

"Mad?"

"His people scream his name as they leap into battle. The women throw their pug dogs at us and hurl themselves onto our knives to open a wedge for their men to attack us. They have no . . . no . . . decency!"
:lol:
xcalibur

Post by xcalibur »

On this point I'll disagree, since the BG would surely prefer to use a people they had already groomed for the KH. I guess it's possible they had influenced Sardaukar education as well in some way, but it would have to have been utterly covert with no RM's visible on Salusa since I doubt Shaddam would have tolerated them undermining his army. The process wouldn't have been nearly as integrated into their culture as the mahdi myth was in Fremen culture. Anyhow at the first sign of the BG attempting a coup among the Sardaukar Shaddam could have just ordered the BG worlds eliminated immediately. It would seem like a much riskier plan than using a fighting force they could develop for themselves in secret.
my thinking was that since the KH would rally his troops through religious mystique, and the Sardaukar had a warrior religion, that they were an alternative. but you're right, it's dependent on the Missionaria Protectiva ideas that are already planted. that, combined with loyalty to the Emperor, would make a Sardaukar coup far riskier and possibly untenable.
Fremen : Museum Fremen :: Frank : Brian & Kevin
lotek

Post by lotek »

I have a feeling not yet backed by any evidence that the Sardaukar were badass enough to resist the powers of persuasion of the BG, and tough enough to go toe to toe with their own fighting skills.
The only drawback is that the Emperor didn't have enough of them to use more than for sporadic and brutal actions (and even if, the Guild would probably not have allowed it).

Even the Fremen won against them because of terrain (no shields on Arrakis is to my knowledge the only place they can't be used) and guerilla warfare (and the element of surprise when you've been top of the fight club for so long).
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Naib wrote:
georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:If it hadn't been Paul and the Fremen it would have been Paulette and Feyd's son (KH) and the Sardaukar.
'
I think the BG had been quietly hedging their bets and had Salusa Secundus in their back pockets as a possible focus to begin their jihad. I think if Jessica had given birth to a girl and she had wed Feyd. That child would have been sent to SS in order to complete training and become a puppet figurehead for the witches.
Omphalos wrote:
SandRider wrote:If you have a facebook account
you're probably on Correct The Record™'s #EnemiesList
already

remember, Facebook Admins will automatically post-block
any account, regardless of reported content, after 275 reports
(specific posts, offensive language, fake profile, like-farm,
butthurt reports)

It only takes 250 Paid CTR Trolls to lock you out of your facebook
if you run a business or small non profit, you are fucked
this is what's going on on this fine sunday, kids

a multimillion dollar corporate superPAC just put thousands of Bernie Kids™
in Facebook Jail
Maybe they'll finally fucking kill Facebook; do us all a goddam favor.
Freakzilla wrote:
Spicelon wrote:So does everybody else think I'm a spammer? SandRider really confuses me, but then again, I seem to remember that often being the case. ;)
No. Just try not to make eye contact or make any sudden movements. :P
^^ this ^^
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008