Random Dune thoughts.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

inhuien

Random Dune thoughts.

Post by inhuien »

So how's about a thread where we can leave all those random Dune thoughts we have from time to time. Making this thread was one of mine.
Aquila ka-Hecate

Re: Random Dune thoughts.

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Yeah OK. Here's one:

Walking through the garden this weekend, I saw my partner running the lawnmower over the over-wintered grass.

The soil, unanchored from weeks of grass-less-ness, was swirling and enveloping him, the dogs and the lawnmower in a great clooud.

Reminded me strongly of a spice harvester.

:mrgreen:
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

I have one too. The other day a remix I'm fond of came on my Ipod through shuffle for the first time, which is called the "Set My Mind in Motion Remix." It consists of Brad Dourif chanting "set my mind in motion" on modified loop, with bits of the rest of his mantra peppered in. You'd think this wouldn't be enough to entertain me for 90 seconds, but I assure you it is :D
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Deskepticon

Post by Deskepticon »

I sat on my friend's dog the other day...

it did not ease itself into shape from long familiarness. It did, however squeak (sort of).
Put your beer goggles on and make love to me.
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

Did Jessica know about Shadaout Mapes' warning to Paul? or is that just in the movie, and if she did, and after talking to Yuei and doubting, why didn't she followed her doubts? Why couldn't Jessica detect yuei's treason?
ImageImageImage
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Visigoth wrote:Did Jessica know about Shadaout Mapes' warning to Paul? or is that just in the movie, and if she did, and after talking to Yuei and doubting, why didn't she followed her doubts? Why couldn't Jessica detect yuei's treason?

I don't believe he told Jessica about that in the book, only that the hunter-seeker almost killed her. Yueh's imperial conditioning would be the main reason he was overlooked in addition to his genuine hatred for the Harkonnens.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
distrans

Post by distrans »

reading in messiah it mentions some jihads stats

61 billion killed
90 worlds incinerated

assuming those worlds wernt evacuated before destruction
thats a pretty underpopulated planet on average compared to the density it took to get into space to begin with