Feyd-Rautha a Potential KH?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Feyd-Rautha a Potential KH?

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:There was a "nexus" around Paul's fight with Feyd, I believe he new it was going to happen but didn't know the outcome.
There was a nexus surrounding the entire scene with the Emperor and the Guild Navigators present. It is not mentioned Paul couldn't see Feyd. It is said he couldn't see Fenring though.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Naib wrote:Jessica was supposed to have a girl to marry a Harkonnen heir in order to set up some dominate genes. I don't recall Feyd ever being confirmed as that heir. Also, I don't call any reference to either Rabban or Feyd being part of the breeding program (although they could have been I guess).

At the time Lady Fenring seduced Feyd I think the BG were simply trying to save part of their program by reintroducing Harkonnen genes as Paul was supposed to die. They could never seduce the Baron at this point.
Here's what the Fenrings say about Feyd:
Dune wrote: "You don't anticipate difficulty seducing him, my little brood-mother?"
"No, my love. You saw how he looked at me."
"Yes, and I can see now why we must have that bloodline."
"Indeed, and it's obvious we must have a hold on him. I'll plant deep in his deepest self the necessary prana-bindu phrases to bend him."
They had come here already with the notion of Lady Fenring seducing him, meaning the BG had wanted this. The phrasing of "I can see NOW why we must have that bloodline" implies that she was told previously it had to be done but didn't understand why. And then there's the "we" which I assume implies the BG. In summary, the BG "must" have Feyd's bloodline, which can only be for the breeding program, implying that he is indeed relevant to that program and the need for that genetic material was known before the Fenrings ever verified that he was an excellent physical specimen in practice. This isn't quite identical to saying that he was *the* person meant to marry Paulette, but on the other hand who else was it supposed to be? Rabban??
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Naib

Post by Naib »

Not Rabban, but marriage between Feyd and Paulette would have been difficult to achieve given the climate between Atreides and Harkonnen. It would have taken some serious manoeuvring to get Leto and Vladmir to agree to a union. Never mind the fact that Feyd was already a sadistic little twat.
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Naib wrote:Not Rabban, but marriage between Feyd and Paulette would have been difficult to achieve given the climate between Atreides and Harkonnen. It would have taken some serious manoeuvring to get Leto and Vladmir to agree to a union. Never mind the fact that Feyd was already a sadistic little twat.
It would have been pretty easy to achieve, I think. Paulette would have been a BG, and so no difficulties from Leto - he'd have no choice in the matter. If you think *he* could put up a fight about it just look at Shaddam and how the BG walk all over him. From the Baron's side it would even be easier: just tell the Baron that Feyd's child would ascend the throne and he'd be the one pushing hardest for it to happen.
Naib

Post by Naib »

georgiedenbro wrote:
Naib wrote:Not Rabban, but marriage between Feyd and Paulette would have been difficult to achieve given the climate between Atreides and Harkonnen. It would have taken some serious manoeuvring to get Leto and Vladmir to agree to a union. Never mind the fact that Feyd was already a sadistic little twat.
It would have been pretty easy to achieve, I think. Paulette would have been a BG, and so no difficulties from Leto - he'd have no choice in the matter. If you think *he* could put up a fight about it just look at Shaddam and how the BG walk all over him. From the Baron's side it would even be easier: just tell the Baron that Feyd's child would ascend the throne and he'd be the one pushing hardest for it to happen.
BG or no, I don't see Leto agreeing to a marriage easily. Leto's charisma was such that Jessica disobeyed the Sisterhood to have Paul. His pride wouldn't have allowed that sort of thing to go uncontested, especially as it essentially means the end of the Atreides if he wasn't allowed a son in the future.
distrans

Post by distrans »

as I recall he saw his death by the blade many many times but never the face of whom wielded against him

I think he knew who feyd was before the final confrontation
but he didn't know who Fenring was...
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Naib wrote: BG or no, I don't see Leto agreeing to a marriage easily. Leto's charisma was such that Jessica disobeyed the Sisterhood to have Paul. His pride wouldn't have allowed that sort of thing to go uncontested, especially as it essentially means the end of the Atreides if he wasn't allowed a son in the future.
We could go in circles about what "would have" happened. We do have evidence that Leto convinced Jessica to have a son, and we also have evidence that Shaddam had no control over the BG in his family. Is it that Leto is so good at persuasion that he can even break BG away from the Sisterhood, or was it something specific to Jessica in particular? Who knows!
Naib

Post by Naib »

georgiedenbro wrote:
Naib wrote: BG or no, I don't see Leto agreeing to a marriage easily. Leto's charisma was such that Jessica disobeyed the Sisterhood to have Paul. His pride wouldn't have allowed that sort of thing to go uncontested, especially as it essentially means the end of the Atreides if he wasn't allowed a son in the future.
We could go in circles about what "would have" happened. We do have evidence that Leto convinced Jessica to have a son, and we also have evidence that Shaddam had no control over the BG in his family. Is it that Leto is so good at persuasion that he can even break BG away from the Sisterhood, or was it something specific to Jessica in particular? Who knows!
Only Frank I guess.