Chairdogs

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

JustSomeGuy

Re: Chairdogs

Post by JustSomeGuy »

trang wrote:Nanotech of some kind would seem more useful,
I don't know if Frank Herbert was aware of nanotechnology.
trang wrote:could tell it to form into anything you want where ever ya want.
Also, the post -Butlerian Jihad people may not have been to cool with that type of technology. A living furniture piece (or whatever) may have been the better option- as crazy as that sounds to me. I mean, you could design it a certain way, and so long as you took care of it, it would stay in good condition for whatever amount of time. Even if it was damaged, it could heal itself. Maybe they weren't really chair “dogs.” Maybe they were just furniture pieces (made from living tissue) that resembled dogs. Frank Herbert was a smart guy and he left A LOT to the imagination. Fuck you, Brian Herbert and Kevin James Anderson.

Also, I just now got to thinking:
In the past, machine technology got humanity into some shit. Maybe now, bio technology is about to do the same. I mean, Paul and Leto should have been a big fucking wake up call but the BG/BT/whoever just kept keeping at it.

You people should know that when I speak of the Dune universe, BH/KJA have nothing to do with that. Fuck you, Brian Herbert and Kevin James Anderson.
I bring nothing to the table.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Omphalos wrote:Heeeeeey! Nice beaver!

Why thank you. I had is stuffed myself.
Naked gun. :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
trang wrote:Nanotech of some kind would seem more useful
A living furniture piece (or whatever) may have been the better option- as crazy as that sounds to me. I mean, you could design it a certain way, and so long as you took care of it, it would stay in good condition for whatever amount of time. Even if it was damaged, it could heal itself. Maybe they weren't really chair “dogs.” Maybe they were just furniture pieces (made from living tissue) that resembled dogs.
Was I on to something there? I haven't read these books in years, although I feel very familiar with them (and maybe undeservedly so). I'm about to start on Children of Dune, and it'll be a while before I get to "Heretics" and "Chapterhouse." Maybe those chairs really were dogs.
I bring nothing to the table.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

No mate, what you're thinking of is a Dogchair.
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Um... I think the word you wanted was "beaver"? ;)
they're the assholes of the forest.
Spice is the worm's gonads.