Over there versus over here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Over there versus over here

Post by Freakzilla »

Did someone invite you here?

No one here says FH is infallable, if you'd taken time to read some of our discussions you'd know whe have a topic on FH errors.

I'll have a Malboro and a Coke, thanks.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Well, if I were to have a cola it would definitely be a coke in a glass bottle, and the cigarette would be all natural, because as you should know, the Cigarette Corps. add chemicals that not only make them more deadly, but also more addicitive. I've been smoking all natural for over 10 years, 20 years total, and my lungs are as healthy and expansive as they ever were. It's almost like I don't smoke...must have the Churchil gene.
The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

So, are any of you going to join me Portland this January? If you have any problems with the new Dune series, you can confront and debate the author in person, instead of from the safety of your computer screen. You'd be amazed how that changes the whole dynamic.
The play of words can lead to certain expectations which life is unable to match. This is a source of much insanity and other forms of unhappiness...-Wreave Saying: Whipping Star
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:So, are any of you going to join me Portland this January? If you have any problems with the new Dune series, you can confront and debate the author in person, instead of from the safety of your computer screen. You'd be amazed how that changes the whole dynamic.
Is that a threat? You want to fight over Dune?

And you call US mediocre.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Here is an excerpt from another great author with similar interests and concerns, a female named Doris Lessing, who in many ways took a different approach. It's from a book called "The Sirian Experiments"...They finally remove all want and need, disease, labor and toil...The problem...there was nothing for billions upon billions of individuals to do. They had no purpose but to exist, and then die. That this would be a problem had not been forseen. I shall at this point hazard the statement that is usually central, the main, consequences of a development that are not foreseen. What we had seen was the ending of drugery, of unnecessary toil, of anxiety over the provisions of the basic need. All our efforts, the expenditures of energy of generations, had gone into this...We did not foresee that these billions...would fall victim to depression and despair. We had not understood that there is an inherent in every creature of this Galaxy a need, an imperative, towards a continual striving, or self-transcedence, or purpose. To be told that there is nothing to do but consume, no work needed, nothing to achieve, is to receive a sentence of death. Chapter 1 p.27
Last edited by MetaCugel8262 on 15 Dec 2011 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Not at all. I am not a violent person. I just think face to face causes some to rise to the occasion, and others to become...less vocal perhaps.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If I was on the West coast I'd be happy to debate Dune with you, however I've yet to see you do it here so I wouldn't expect much from you.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I'll be there. I have very thick gold-blonde hair with reddish highlights. I'm 5'9'', naturally muscular, and although I am 39 I actually look about 27-29, somewhere in that range. I'll be there. I'm looking forward to it.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm 6'-0", 225lbs. I have to work at being muscular but I'm naturally and devistatingly handsome.

I have an enormous penis, too.

:D
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Cool. I'll be taking a train from the East coast and staying for a few nights. After, we can go to a bar and continue the discussion. My treat. And no, that was not an invitation. Just one fan to another.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You have to start a discussion before you continue it. :wink:

But I'll look forward to it, both you starting one, and continuing it.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Since you obviously have some kind of beef with us and our cause, you could start in the Prequels / Sequels forum and tell us why we're wrong.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

No, I agree with much of your complaints. I just I think your approach and reasons for doing so aren't what you claim they are. For example, your constant references to perforated anuses and gay baiting in general. In my experience, homophobia is usually a sign somebody is over compensating. Because if it wasn't an issue, why are you always talking about it?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:No, I agree with much of your complaints. I just I think your approach and reasons for doing so aren't what you claim they are. For example, your constant references to perforated anuses and gay baiting in general. In my experience, homophobia is usually a sign somebody is over compensating. Because if it wasn't an issue, why are you always talking about it?
I don't do that. And I have a non-censorship policy.

If you have a problem with individual members, take it up with them in a PM.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That is not a license to harrass my members via PM, either.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

I haven't PM'd anyone. What are you talking about? I think you have inverted the reality of the situation. Everytime I make valid points, I just get saracastic comments and nothing else. It's like you don't like what I am saying, so you just jump on the ole persecute bandwagon.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:I haven't PM'd anyone. What are you talking about? I think you have inverted the reality of the situation. Everytime I make valid points, I just get saracastic comments and nothing else. It's like you don't like what I am saying, so you just jump on the ole persecute bandwagon.
I'm not accusing you, I'm just telling you.

I've yet to see you involved in a Dune related discussion, in my opinion everything not on that topic is spam.
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

That's what this board is all about isn't it. It's not really about ideas, or meaningful debate. You all have just congregated around a mutual target you can heap abuse on. Re read my Doris Lessing post. I guess you avoided a lack of meaning and purpose after all.
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Ok, post them. Let me read them.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

WTF are you talking about? Post what?
~Pink Snowman
MetaCugel8262

Post by MetaCugel8262 »

Forget it. If you don't like what you hear, you just close your mind and complain about grammer, or use words like troll and spam to avoid thinking about ideas you don't want to hear. Like Arthur C. Clarke said...The most important question is not if there is intelligent life out there..."Is there intelligent life on earth?"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:Forget it. If you don't like what you hear, you just close your mind and complain about grammer, or use words like troll and spam to avoid thinking about ideas you don't want to hear. Like Arthur C. Clarke said...The most important question is not if there is intelligent life out there..."Is there intelligent life on earth?"
I have not picked on your grammer nor called you a troll. It you YOU who have called ME names.

I'll tell you again, if it's not about Dune, to me it is spam and that applies to everyone.

This is the reason I have off-topic forums, so the Dune discussions don't get polluted.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:I haven't PM'd anyone. What are you talking about? I think you have inverted the reality of the situation. Everytime I make valid points, I just get saracastic comments and nothing else. It's like you don't like what I am saying, so you just jump on the ole persecute bandwagon.

sarcastic comment about anuses
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

MetaCugel8262 wrote:Forget it. If you don't like what you hear, you just close your mind and complain about grammer, or use words like troll and spam to avoid thinking about ideas you don't want to hear. Like Arthur C. Clarke said...The most important question is not if there is intelligent life out there..."Is there intelligent life on earth?"
I think your grammar's fine
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:
I think your grammar's fine
Damnit, I never get that one right without checking. :doh:
~Pink Snowman