SPOILER IF U HAVEN'T READ UP TO CHAPTERHOUSE DUNE

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

nistle2

SPOILER IF U HAVEN'T READ UP TO CHAPTERHOUSE DUNE

Post by nistle2 »

Short but frustrating story.

I go to this great local bookstore near my place after I finished the first book on a Dune high. Go up to the counter and ask the guy if he has any used Dune books, I prefer used for whatever reason. He gets all excited like, "he'll yeah, man we definitely have some. They're some of my favorites I'd be happy to show you." He takes me downstairs and starts saying things like the Tyrant and Sheanna and no ships, I have no clue what he's talking about. Finally he shows me the books and as asks me, "so which book you on? Has Arrakis been destroyed yet?" i gave this guy a look that must've made me look psychitic. I could've fucking killed him right there. I asked him what his problem was and said he's ruined it for me but he didn't really give a shit.

So here I am reading Heretics of Dune, some 2 months after this guy said that and I read something about Taraza's thinking about destroying Rakis. Just the mention of it put my mind to rest knowing that I've caught up to that whale of a spoiler the idiot told me forever ago. I know it's going to happen I just never thought it would take this long.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: SPOILER IF U HAVEN'T READ UP TO CHAPTERHOUSE DUNE

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

That really sucks man, I'm not going to lie, that sucks. Frankly though I'm surprised you haven't had spoiler after spoiler just reading on this website!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's too bad. But what can you do: some people are dicks. :(

(Thing has a point, too, though... :) )
lotek

Post by lotek »

Spoilers suck, but I can give you one that won't matter: for some brainless idiot who thinks pulp scyfy of the worst type is good enough to pick up Frank's work, Duncan Idaho is the Bunker Bustin' Mega Ultra Super KH of all times, of all times !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Standard response:

Yell "SPOILER ALERT!" and then kick him in the nads.

Or just tell him, "nevermind, I don't need to read the books now" and go buy them somewhere else.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Imma let you finish, Paul, but Duncan was the ultimate KH of all time, OF ALL TIMEImage
'cept mebbe Norma Cenva
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
nistle2

Post by nistle2 »

I admit I have seen a few spoilers on here but I've been able to turn my eyes away before I realized what I was reading.

I read the first books so quickly that I wasn't worried about spoilers since I just had to wait a week or so before I could start looking at everything but I've had too much work recently to attack Heretics like I did the other ones.

And I hear ya Amp, I almost did walk out and say I'm going somewhere else but this bookstore has the cheapest prices and that's what was more frustrating. I had to tell the guy he's an asshole then have him check me out five minutes later.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Bookstore eh? Lot of flammable material in there... :twisted:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity