Franklin Patrick Herbert, Jr.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Franklin Patrick Herbert, Jr.

Post by lotek »

I know this is going to sound silly(but to be fair I've probably said far worse before :)), but I actually never looked up Frank's full name until tonight !

I was fooling around with an online anagram maker to mock the two idiots, and then I started thinking about what Freak said about Jacurutu being first and foremost a Dune forum.

So I thought it was more fitting to spend that time trying to find an anagram that would fit Frank and Dune than, well you know who.

That's so what I loved about Dune, the fact that the "wiser" you got the more meaning could be found...
Finding out there was more to his name than I thought feels the same way, and that's fitting !

Also, it's more difficult to make a good anagram with Frankin Patrick Herbert, at least it will require more time :)

You can laugh now :mrgreen:

EDIT
take that kja
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Kojiro

Re: Franklin Patrick Herbert, Jr.

Post by Kojiro »

I have to say, I wasn't familiar with the "Jr." part.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
lotek

Post by lotek »

thanks I feel slightly less alone :)
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

1 . "Franklin" who ? :techie-reference: ...Who's that guy ? :sarek:

2 . I know a guy named Franklin Keith Kiss MyCenva, born on 10175 AG, in Kaitain (Smellhole State)....that's it. :beat dead horse:

3 . Another wiki bullshit.... :confusion-confused: Don't ever trust Wikipedia!!! :Adolf:

4 . But you can trust the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department (WA) [Birth records] :

FRANK PATRICK HERBERT Jr. [Period :angry-screaming: ] :FH small:

_ Your name is Francis, is it?
_ Frank, sir.
_ Your name is Francis. There was never a St. Frank. That's a name for gangsters and politicians.

Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes, 1996, p.197

Note : Is the given name Frank a short form of Franklin ? Not necessarily.
* Franklin is a Middle English name for an English freeman that owns land but is not of noble birth.
* Frank is originally derived from the medieval tribal name, revived in the 19th century and also used as a diminutive of Francis.

un cookie à Lotek pour m'avoir donné l'occasion de dire du mal de Wikipedia ... :cookie sm:
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Omphalos
      Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

:D

What's this world coming to? We give ourselves cookies now? Next thing you know cats and dogs will be living together in sin!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
      lotek

Post by lotek »

Askaris de Dar wrote:1 . "Franklin" who ? :techie-reference: ...Who's that guy ? :sarek:

2 . I know a guy named Franklin Keith Kiss MyCenva, born on 10175 AG, in Kaitain (Smellhole State)....that's it. :beat dead horse:

3 . Another wiki bullshit.... :confusion-confused: Don't ever trust Wikipedia!!! :Adolf:

4 . But you can trust the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department (WA) [Birth records] :

wow...

sometimes I should try thinking...
      :roll:

FRANK PATRICK HERBERT Jr. [Period :angry-screaming: ] :FH small:

_ Your name is Francis, is it?
      _ Frank, sir.
      _ Your name is Francis. There was never a St. Frank. That's a name for gangsters and politicians.

Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes, 1996, p.197

Note : Is the given name Frank a short form of Franklin ? Not necessarily.
      * Franklin is a Middle English name for an English freeman that owns land but is not of noble birth.
      * Frank is originally derived from the medieval tribal name, revived in the 19th century and also used as a diminutive of Francis.

un cookie à Lotek pour m'avoir donné l'occasion de dire du mal de Wikipedia ... :cookie sm:
      ha ha
      now I know what this
      feels like !
      Freakzilla
      Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Lighten up, Francis.
      Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
      ~Pink Snowman