What is it that I can possibly want?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Onasander

Post by Onasander »

It's a damn good question. See, I have a much higher life expectancy than many of the posters here, and can outlive a good many of you. I also dislike the prequels. But in knowing this, I don't go along with the hyena like heckling that has become the norm in what's left of the Dune community. If Angst is the acceptance of lost by a negative realization, than anger must be a positive, energetic motivation for change of a idealized sort.... be it liberal or conservative in it's approach. Do societies and movements that bond under anger know consciously the motivations of their anger? Has it been conceptualized consciously... the shared goal they are attracted to? Do the nuances define the movement, or the sledge hammer effect of the movement itself? Where does free will and man's identity stand in this?

It's a very important question- once Frank knew of when he debated through his Dune Novels. His segmentation of the Darshanas amongst his various factions, how they revolved in conflicted opposition, and then began to approach, most unwillingly their shadow during the brutal reign of Leto's principle tyranny of 'ekashabdatnika naya' is proof enough- Leto accepted and expounded the opposing principles by the linguist Nandikeshvara and Bhartrihari. He used the legends surrounding Ianna to build the world of Dune and the Fremen. He used Carl Jung's Alchemical Process to mark man's evolution through the archetypes, and beyond into NEW ones that no longer yielded to the old psychology.... a new superman. He compared different systems of causality, government, and linguistics, and transgressed against them, in searching out how men react and evolve.

Of course, I am using strange words. What the fuck is a Darshanas- what does that possible have to do with the divisions of the great houses? How does Leto possibly relate to Ourobous as a psychological archetype affirming and in the end trashing the depths of understanding of linguistic based philosophy? Where exactly did Herbert get his idea of the 'Golden Path' from, and are their clear, old, philosophical basis in history for it?

I can't legally ask these question for ten more years (that's right- only ten- several English language countries are about to run out of copyright protection) before I can start a International Journal of Frank Herbert Studies. The problem is, in order to do this, there must be a scholarly basis to studying Frank Herbert. Right now, ironically despite the connotation of 'Orthodox' in the OH movement, there is NONE. No attempts recently, nothing really being done to cull interest. I have no interest in a church, or real interest in the attacks. I do it to create a sense of dissonance in what constitutes a rude transgression- albeit at times a funny one, like this one that caught Sand C. with his pants down.

It's something to consider. I don't seek to dominate the debate. Infact, I would prefer to be overshadowed, but that's a impossibility as long as this decline continues. It's time to take a long, good look at yourselves.... much as the BGs had to in the final books, to see what your about. If you don't, I can assure you, you will be brutally eclipsed and I will ally with the three stooges. I have the historical and philosophical backing to do so. You sense it, and your uncomfortable with it. Even now your making threads about it, with me and others as the shadow figure of your motivating surprise. In my case, it's the 'there really is (1) link to Jung in the collective unconscious. Holy fucking shit.... baby steps, baby steps.

Reply, bark, squeal the night away. You know what my demands are, and what will cause me to disappear into the night. I will too, even if it's pre-empted. I don't mind so long as Frank's Legacy is protected and debated on it's merits, and not the assclowns (this lot included) that came later to dilute and disrupt it.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: What is it that I can possibly want?

Post by Nekhrun »

You have a few typos in this post.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Lots of words there. let me print them out so I have some paper to wipe my butt. :obscene-buttsway:

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you + are = you're
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Onasander wrote:It's a damn good question... I can't legally ask ... for ... Sand C. with his pants down. ... You know what my demands are....
:shock:

Goodness! I knew you had this growing obsession with me, but didn't realize you wanted to make me YOUR butt bitch! :naughty:

I'm sure this would be considered flattering in certain circles, but I really must decline. I'm sure you'll find a nice sugar daddy somewhere to treat you just right, sugah. ;)

(Be sure to PM merkin muffley. He's really hot for you. You're all he can talk about now! :roll: )
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

This is not General Dune Discussion. Also, are you stalking us now or what? You claim not to like anyone here then throw a bunch of word salad at us and then get pissy about us finding all of your typos that most 5th graders are done with.

Can we get Frank Walden to write up a restraining order for this guy?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shanty, shanty, Nekhrun! Don't loose you're piece of mined! :D
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

When and amongst the depths of decline, and this is once sincerity, how see you the world view like Dune as Frank Herbert intended?
Onasander wrote:It's a very important question- once Frank knew of when he debated through his Dune Novels.
In that understanding, I see, never a more imprtant question however debated. Dune Novels new or old! Why?
Onasander wrote: He used Carl Jung's Alchemical Process to mark man's evolution through the archetypes, and beyond into NEW ones that no longer yielded to the old psychology.... a new superman.
I'm included here to show lacking in cherry picking, be they grapes or Marxist Chemestry. And I love the word archetypes- good job!
Onasander wrote:He compared different systems of causality, government, and linguistics, and transgressed against them, in searching out how men react and evolve.
Very much closer to interesting, transgression against are explored?

I don want to seem extemporanious in that you are and can welcome your own opinion, however, explination from so much a forum; where is it?
Onasander wrote: The problem is, in order to do this, there must be a scholarly basis to studying Frank Herbert.
Indeed infact!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

delusional troll is delusional ...

@D Pope: you been drinkin' again, ain't ya, Son ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Onasander wrote: I will too, even if it's pre-empted.
edit; last paragraph, third sentance says it all
edit II, the sequal; I've got it! He's the reincarnation of that little guy who led the Bowery Boys! Satch or Slip or something!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Silly Troll wrote:What is it that I can possibly want?
How could I possibly care less?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Onasander wrote:It's time to take a long, good look at yourselves.... much as the BGs had to in the final books, to see what your about. If you don't, I can assure you, you will be brutally eclipsed and I will ally with the three stooges.
Small correction: you ARE one of the three stooges.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Free advice, Ona-dude, before you set the world on fire with your stunning Frank Herbert research:

Your and you're are actually different words.

So are their, there, and they're.

It's and its are different, too, believe it or not.

I bring this up because people like editors and executives at publishing houses sort of expect you to know this sort of grade-school-level stuff. They are nutty that way.

And, no, those aren't "typos" in your posts, so just stuff that argument right up your pooper. You clearly do not know how to use these words.

I'm off to read some Jung now. I'm on Vol. III of his memoirs: Fun in the Sun with Jung. It's awesome. ("It's" being the contraction of "it is" in this case).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Onasander wrote: I can't legally ask these question for ten more years (that's right- only ten- several English language countries are about to run out of copyright protection) before I can start a International Journal of Frank Herbert Studies.
:lol:
I hate to burst your bubble, but you're a fucking idiot.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3wgaWAH ... re=related[/youtube]
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, OK, if we're jumping on the "Goddam, boy, you really CAN'T write!" bandwagon, what the fuck is this supposed to mean:
No attempts recently, nothing really being done to cull interest.
Look up "cull" in the dictionary before you try using it again. It does not mean what you seem to think it means. ;)

(By the way, I had my pants down earlier. Check your PMs for pix. XXX ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:...Fun in the Sun with Jung...
I almost spilled my coffee.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ash

Post by Ash »

I can't legally ask these question for ten more years (that's right- only ten- several English language countries are about to run out of copyright protection) before I can start a International Journal of Frank Herbert Studies
I'm like Donny jumping in on a conversation at the end. What does copyright protection have to do with anything?
"Dune can be read on so many different levels. I really get different things out of it every time I read it. You can read it as just a plain old space adventure story, people being stranded on a desert planet that has giant sandworms on it, but you can also read it and get politics and economics out of it."
Kevin J. Anderson
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ash wrote:
I can't legally ask these question for ten more years (that's right- only ten- several English language countries are about to run out of copyright protection) before I can start a International Journal of Frank Herbert Studies
I'm like Donny jumping in on a conversation at the end. What does copyright protection have to do with anything?
STFU Donny, you're out of your element!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ash

Post by Ash »

That got a bunch of guys laughing in the office, well done!
"Dune can be read on so many different levels. I really get different things out of it every time I read it. You can read it as just a plain old space adventure story, people being stranded on a desert planet that has giant sandworms on it, but you can also read it and get politics and economics out of it."
Kevin J. Anderson
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

The world does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of shit!

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Don't mind them; it looks like their drugs are kicking in late. ;)
Ash wrote:
Well, that is yet another point in the mess that was his post. Presumably he wants to do something that would otherwise be considered a violation of copyright? But who knows.

There's nothing stopping him writing a book. Except, well, the usual. ;)
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

There are books with "Unauthorized" in the title for a reason.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Ash wrote:

we don't know ....
he won't tell us ....
perhaps he doesn't know .... he lies alot ...

but seriously, it really can't mean anything ... go back and read some of his other posts ...
no wait, fuck me blind, don't do that ....

christ, I lost my mind there, for a minute ...
ImageImage