Honored Matres & sexual enslavement

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Honored Matres & sexual enslavement

Post by Freakzilla »

MrFlibble wrote:
Tleszer wrote:And here I thought inhuien was our very own guilt-caster.
You've got work more on that, as I don't feel guilty at all :P When I said "sorry", I was just being polite (something not everyone here seems to be accustomed to :P)
You expect courtesy on the internet?

:naughty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Freakzilla wrote:
MrFlibble wrote:
Tleszer wrote:And here I thought inhuien was our very own guilt-caster.
You've got work more on that, as I don't feel guilty at all :P When I said "sorry", I was just being polite (something not everyone here seems to be accustomed to :P)
You expect courtesy on the internet?

:naughty:
Well, why, yes, I do. And sometimes the internet even meets my expectations.
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

:hand:

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I think the HM sexual enslavement was just supposed to represent the ultimate/evolved form of hydraulic despotism. Leto II forced the human 'prey' to evolve/wise-up but evidently some of the predators evolved too with even greater tyrannies.

In hydraulic despotism the tyrant controls a vital resource so everyone must do their bidding. The problem is this resource might be wrestled away from you or substitutes found. The HM essentially made their own selves (their bodies) the resource, meaning they had total exclusivity and also mobility where the 'resource' was concerned. Made them the most effective hydraulic despots of all time.

But with the unfortunate biproduct that their own organisation was seriously susceptible to in-fighting, as the power hierarchy had no intrinsic stability.