DuneNovels is coming back!!!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

Re: DuneNovels is coming back!!!!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Lundse wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Third Sardaukar from the Left of DUNE.
Nice. One the better ones, in fact. Not quite Jessica to the Winds of Dune, but up there... :-)
Over at DN it still says that Winds is the "upcoming" novel.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I don't think I've read that, I've read the Satanic Bible but I'm guessing that's not the same thing....
No, not the same thing at all. ;)

Not to worry, you were like three or something when it came out. Byron would have been 23 or so. (He's four years younger than me.) I can't imagine anyone who was of college age or older at the time and interested in books OR JUST PLAIN PAYING ATTENTION TO EVENTS IN THE WORLD who didn't read it then. :?

It's not quite as topical now. ;)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I don't think I've read that, I've read the Satanic Bible but I'm guessing that's not the same thing....
No, not the same thing at all. ;)

Not to worry, you were like three or something when it came out. Byron would have been 23 or so. (He's four years younger than me.) I can't imagine anyone who was of college age or older at the time and interested in books OR JUST PLAIN PAYING ATTENTION TO EVENTS IN THE WORLD who didn't read it then. :?

It's not quite as topical now. ;)
That, and it's boring as hell.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:naughty:

You're obviously still irritable from your unscheduled ear exam yesterday. ;) :lol:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hey! That's Facebook private! :puke:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Actually, "post day" over at DN is "the first tuesday of every month", so people are presumably saving up for next week.

:lol:

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Ah, our mistake then.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

OK, next week...Get ready for the Shit Storm from DN. Maybe I should take the day off so I'll have time to read all of the new posts.

lotek

Post by lotek »

oh no we're just a bunch of haters, says the mighty troll :)
seriously anusthunder do you really believe that?

no need to anwer this was just a rethorical question...

I think you have way too much wisdom for the likes of us, and you should go share it with people more deserving of it!

Me, all I'll say is:

I HATE MCDUNES AND KJA IS AN ASS
(copy paste that a few hundred times and then copy paste it some more)

and I agree with Thing, you are funny indeed, I just can't laugh right now what with all the hate and shit

Dune novels is dead that's a fact
we are the Orthodox Herbertarians, the Cast Out, we carry the word of Dune and the wisdom of Frank Herbert on our shoulders, we are the prophets of the truth the destroyers of falseness

Join us, or fuck off!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Over at DN it still says that Winds is the "upcoming" novel.
Even better: the last post in the Winds section was made on December 6 of last year.

Or, put another way: the most recent, allegedly "official" Dune novel has not generated a single post at the "official" Dune forums in nearly FIVE MONTHS.

Pathetic and sad.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Can you imagine how much speculation, discussion and analysis a new Dune novel by FH would generate? It boggles the mind.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Can you imagine how much speculation, discussion and analysis a new Dune novel by FH would generate? It boggles the mind.
Why would kja and BH give a shit about that? Then people would be talking about politics and shit and not them.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:Hey! That's Facebook private! :puke:
Oh! So sarry, Joe! Stirr rub you wrong time! :D

Hunchback Jack wrote:Actually, "post day" over at DN is "the first tuesday of every month", so people are presumably saving up for next week.
Aw, man, imagine how pent up they're going to be by then! When they finally cut loose, it'll be EXPLOSIVE. It'll ... cover the face of Arrakis! ;) :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:we are the Orthodox Herbertarians, the Cast Out, we carry the word of Dune and the wisdom of Frank Herbert on our shoulders, we are the prophets of the truth the destroyers of falseness

Join us, or fuck off!
Glad to see you're keeping things in perspective. :D :D :wink: :P
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Can you imagine how much speculation, discussion and analysis a new Dune novel by FH would generate? It boggles the mind.

HBJ
Let's see the Last one, Chapterhouse: Dune came out in 1985, and we're still talking about it 25 years later. Heck, Dune came out 20 years before that in 1965, and we're still peeling nuggets out of it after 45 years.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

... and Jessica Has Wind comes out last year and any discussion ended five months ago. :lol:

Hell, I'll bet cash money that not even most of the preeks can remember much about the damn thing. That's Anderjacket writing in a nutshell: lightweight and utterly forgettable.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I love how over on Facebook some dumbass or other turns up asking what the next book is going to be and when it's coming out.

They REALLY REALLY REALLY can't read. :lol:

Or are too lazy to even try to look around for information on their own?

Kinda like Anusunder being too lazy to proofread & correct his comments. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Onasander wrote: I think we should put aside the first tuesday of every month, for everyone to post something, here on the forums, in a thread of sorts...... it can be a new thread, or one already established. We can mention things from Frank's Novels, or even the miniseries or movies.... not opposed to the new books being discussed either. Discussion and activity is key.

My idea will be someone will post something- and then someone will follow-up with ideas. Then, other people (not just being the first person again) comment on the ideas, and a cascade of discussion will be unleashed. Once more than say- three people have posted, only then it becomes permissible for the first person to reply.
Tomorrow's the big day! How's it shaping up on your side Chig?

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Awesome! I can't wait! *snickers*
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Chig is totally gonna get to post before us ovrther. Rad!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

What's the over/under on their total posts tomorrow? Eleven? ... Eight? .... Three?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Well, let's see, they had about two in the last four days and not even the moderator posted about the Tuesday plan, so I'm going to say fewer than 5 not counting mine if I make one.

Onasander

Post by Onasander »

Join us, or fuck off!
I am so fucking jealous of that line, I kid you not. It would of been badassed had some revolutionary group during the late 19th or 20th century had that on their standard while running though the streets, drunk, shooting at shit. I will plagiarizer that as my revolutionary motto, I am warning you now.

We stand upon the precipice, the tomorrow we have looked foreward to for so long to, what has consumed out imagination, spurning our anticipation, is finally coming upon us. DuneNovels will rise again in it's fullest glory- it will have all the romanticism of Napoleon's resurgent Hundred days, and the closure of the American and Soviet final assault against the Nazis. For some of us, we will read, recalling our most intense orgasms, and for others- the haters, you will slither away into the shadows, ashamed of your impotency and misplaced arrogance. I fully suspect seismographs the world over will go haywire from the vibrations of frantic typing of people on every continent with even the bored, adulterous scientist in Antarctica putting aside their petty orgies for a chance- the great chance- to be a part of DuneNovels triumphant resurrection.

Sandy- your just digging a bigger hole for yourself in the children's lice infested sandpit by trying to explain the nature of your KJA Addiction.... if your last Dune book was Chapterhouse, then stay the fuck away from that other crap, including the facebook shit- and stop snooping around his other works- I don't want to hear excuses or explanation- it's on or the other..... your either for him or against him.... as it stands right now- you've read more of his crap than any other simian alive- thus qualifying you for the status of his number one fan. A supporting proof- has anyone ever heard of anyone on the net mention KJA more times than Sandy? No- he mentions him more than Frank. This is a site of haters- and it's a site more focused on KJA- it's only natural for this site to be referred to as the Dune Haters site. Less KJA, less prequel talks, more Frank and more Dune.

I can't wait to see all the posts tomorrow on DuneNovels- for the chance for us all to bask under the triumphant glory of Byron's brazen fury. Upon your knees fellow Dune fans, and open your mouths, and prepare to receive the gift that keeps on giving- the dripping spices of 'coming' from deep within his well saturated Dunes. He has missed us all, and is waiting for your puckered, knee scrapping return. FOR DUNE! FOR BYRON! FOR ST. ALIA..... FOREWARD FREMEN-FORUMERS, INTO THE FIGHT, RECOVER THE LIGHT OF HERBERT'S INSIGHT, MAKE DUNENOVELS GREAT ONCE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's better and better! You remind me of a young SwordMaster.

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Pure comedy.

I can't decide if this yahoo is serious or if this is some sort of elaborate form of performance art.