dunenovel forum is going very, very, very, slow

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: dunenovel forum is going very, very, very, slow

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Well, I'm sure not everyone below the "50% line" likes sci-fi. ;)
It's just the science part, they like the fiction.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Onasander wrote:The site is.... dead.... completely dead. I can't even blame you guys, it's just dead- no posting, no discussions, nothing..... half the posts are deleted, and ironically the ones that are NOT deleted are the ones that are critical.... guess someone is trying to prove something. And this site's only motivation is to whine and lurk over there, watching me post with no one to talk to.... cause no one is there. The other sites are boring. Dune internet wise is pretty much dead intellectually, no one willing to discuss it. R.I.P.

I said for Dune to survive over there on the official forums, it needs to quadruple it's active members- that means pretty much 4 people. Dear god, it's completely deserted. And I don't want to talk about it being deserted either, or how much so and so sucks anymore, cause that's not Dune, that's just whinny bitching. I don't care where the people come from, or even what their views are at this point, so long as they like dune, and can post something, anything Dune related.

Dune doesn't have a awesome TV series or famous movies base like starwars or startrek has- and the McDune books don't even come out fast enough to be a buzz- it's a franchise that's word of mouth by the fan base.... and the fanbase is all but dead. Somebody do something..... yes, maybe this new movie will boost the fanbase, but in a few years, it will be back to stagnation once again...... no one will read the damn books anymore, by ANY of the authors. We might be the last generation that will have a interest in Dune, it might be unknown amongst our kids because we couldn't get our act together.

Honestly, the Dune community as a whole, even though it's fractured, needs to rethink this whole operation all the sides have been playing. The whole damn thing is dying.... how do we move past this? And I just don't mean make BH and KJA quit or apologize and re-institute everyone here back there just as I don't expect the reverse to happen, you guys bowing out and suddenly seeing the light they claim to possess- I am talking about real, serious solutions aimed at fixing this whole problem PRIOR to the movie coming allowing us to move past this. How is what's left of the active internet community going to come together to solve this greater issue of ending the overall stagnation, and pushing foreward in INCREASE fan interest in Dune as a whole?

I'll be back in a few weeks to check this post. This site depresses me almost as much as the official site does.... both are deadlocked, stubborn, and dying.
You should have used however long it took you to type that drivel more productively and just had a wank.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:hand:

He could have multitasked it, you know. ;)
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

I am dumber for having read some of the posts there, including the Admin's. The circular logic and dismissal of fact is really insulting to people that use their brains. I think that's why they like the new books.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I lost a few brain cells in this super-genius' topic: http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... 0747#70747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

it's like drinking lighter fluid...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Freakzilla wrote:I lost a few brain cells in this super-genius' topic: http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/view ... 0747#70747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why did you inflict that upon me? I'm surprised that kid has enough brain power to support his gross motor functions...like breathing.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He doesn't: he obviously holds his breath while he types.

(You can tell because the number of typos and grammar errors increases toward the end of his comments. :lol: )

(Yes, I'm joking. But he is stupid.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"