dunenovel forum is going very, very, very, slow

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Onasander

dunenovel forum is going very, very, very, slow

Post by Onasander »

The site is.... dead.... completely dead. I can't even blame you guys, it's just dead- no posting, no discussions, nothing..... half the posts are deleted, and ironically the ones that are NOT deleted are the ones that are critical.... guess someone is trying to prove something. And this site's only motivation is to whine and lurk over there, watching me post with no one to talk to.... cause no one is there. The other sites are boring. Dune internet wise is pretty much dead intellectually, no one willing to discuss it. R.I.P.

I said for Dune to survive over there on the official forums, it needs to quadruple it's active members- that means pretty much 4 people. Dear god, it's completely deserted. And I don't want to talk about it being deserted either, or how much so and so sucks anymore, cause that's not Dune, that's just whinny bitching. I don't care where the people come from, or even what their views are at this point, so long as they like dune, and can post something, anything Dune related.

Dune doesn't have a awesome TV series or famous movies base like starwars or startrek has- and the McDune books don't even come out fast enough to be a buzz- it's a franchise that's word of mouth by the fan base.... and the fanbase is all but dead. Somebody do something..... yes, maybe this new movie will boost the fanbase, but in a few years, it will be back to stagnation once again...... no one will read the damn books anymore, by ANY of the authors. We might be the last generation that will have a interest in Dune, it might be unknown amongst our kids because we couldn't get our act together.

Honestly, the Dune community as a whole, even though it's fractured, needs to rethink this whole operation all the sides have been playing. The whole damn thing is dying.... how do we move past this? And I just don't mean make BH and KJA quit or apologize and re-institute everyone here back there just as I don't expect the reverse to happen, you guys bowing out and suddenly seeing the light they claim to possess- I am talking about real, serious solutions aimed at fixing this whole problem PRIOR to the movie coming allowing us to move past this. How is what's left of the active internet community going to come together to solve this greater issue of ending the overall stagnation, and pushing foreward in INCREASE fan interest in Dune as a whole?

I'll be back in a few weeks to check this post. This site depresses me almost as much as the official site does.... both are deadlocked, stubborn, and dying.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: dunenovel forum is going very, very, very, slow

Post by Nekhrun »

Onasander wrote:The site is.... dead.... completely dead. I can't even blame you guys, it's just dead- no posting, no discussions, nothing..... half the posts are deleted, and ironically the ones that are NOT deleted are the ones that are critical.... guess someone is trying to prove something. And this site's only motivation is to whine and lurk over there, watching me post with no one to talk to.... cause no one is there. The other sites are boring. Dune internet wise is pretty much dead intellectually, no one willing to discuss it. R.I.P.
No shit. I thought about responding to someone over there last week and then I thought, I haven't in this long so fuck 'em.
Dune doesn't have a awesome TV series or famous movies base like starwars or startrek has- and the McDune books don't even come out fast enough to be a buzz- it's a franchise that's word of mouth by the fan base.... and the fanbase is all but dead. Somebody do something..... yes, maybe this new movie will boost the fanbase, but in a few years, it will be back to stagnation once again...... no one will read the damn books anymore, by ANY of the authors.
And who's fault is that? I offered them an entire Dune class to be taught in a High School Lit. class for free! (I communicated with Byron, Kim and Brian), they weren't sure how to put it online, so I did it myself and will share it with anyone who wants it; there was the Dune Spanish Fan Film that was shut down; they've been offered ideas for games; new authors; etc. What do they do? They turn everything down and blame it on Paramount and their own lawyers. The HLP is to blame for how Dune is spread. Not us.
We might be the last generation that will have a interest in Dune, it might be unknown amongst our kids because we couldn't get our act together.
Not very likely.
Honestly, the Dune community as a whole, even though it's fractured, needs to rethink this whole operation all the sides have been playing. The whole damn thing is dying.... how do we move past this? And I just don't mean make BH and KJA quit or apologize and re-institute everyone here back there just as I don't expect the reverse to happen, you guys bowing out and suddenly seeing the light they claim to possess- I am talking about real, serious solutions aimed at fixing this whole problem PRIOR to the movie coming allowing us to move past this. How is what's left of the active internet community going to come together to solve this greater issue of ending the overall stagnation, and pushing foreward in INCREASE fan interest in Dune as a whole?

I'll be back in a few weeks to check this post. This site depresses me almost as much as the official site does.... both are deadlocked, stubborn, and dying.
Until the HLP gets their heads out of kja's ass and starts following some real advice they can keep running it into the ground for all I care. We've got this place; I've got students and teachers to pass it on to and at this point all we really have is what Frank left us anyway. So go cry to them, our complaints are legitimate. Let's hope the next generation of Herberts can find a better way to continue Frank's legacy.

According to kja, we're just a couple malcontents anyway and don't have anything to say on the matter. Maybe you can join his Special Team of Awesome Super Buddies and come up with a plan over there for how you're going to save Dune; according to him and the HLP it's doing great, never been better, New York TImes BESTSELLERS EVERY TIME!!! :roll:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

are you fucking kidding me here ?

are you high ?
Shitheel wrote: this site's only motivation is to whine and lurk over there, watching me post with no one to talk to
who the fuck are you again ?

"whining" is the waste-of-a-post bullshit you just typed -
occasionally surfing Merrit's wastebucket for all-too-easily-mocked stupidity is not "lurking"

the "official" Dune Forum is dead, and you are the kind of shitheel that killed it ...
also, it's been dead since the Freakbannings, you dipshit, where have you been ?

there is no "real" Dune discussion to be had about Keith's comic books,
because there is no Dune in them....

this post was so stupid, I'm tempted to start a
"Posts I think should be deleted at Jacurutu" thread ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

half of it made some kinf of sense, that is the part of DungNovels dying and us being stubborn lol

the rest I cannot agree...

of people have lost interest in Dune it is primarily B&K's fault, and to some extent the rest of the HLP...

pusblishing the crap they produced is what killed Dune as an inventive and creative story!

Preeqs might be dumb but even an ass has limits to how much bs he can take; and by the looks of it that limit has been reached.

Frank's work quality protects it from the same fate, and ironically Jacurutu could well be the place of the rebirth, our numbers slowly but they grow nonetheless :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

and btw
Dunenovels dead?

mission accomplished!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Onasander wrote:And this site's only motivation is to whine and lurk over there, watching me post with no one to talk to
Fuck. You. Now follow your own slime trail back to whatever shithole you slugged out of and curl up and die babbling to yourself.
Dune internet wise is pretty much dead intellectually, no one willing to discuss it.
Right. No one responds to your head-up-your-ass posts and so everything is "dead intellectually"? LOL. :lol:
I said
Oh, who gives a fuck? :roll:
I don't care where the people come from, or even what their views are at this point, so long as they like dune, and can post something, anything Dune related.
There's plenty of threads discussing Dune on this forum, if you just pull your head out and wipe the shit from your eyes.
We might be the last generation that will have a interest in Dune, it might be unknown amongst our kids because we couldn't get our act together.
You're full of shit in this, too.
Honestly, the Dune community as a whole, even though it's fractured, needs to rethink this whole operation all the sides have been playing. The whole damn thing is dying.... how do we move past this?
There is no "moving past" anything. WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IS UNFORGIVABLE. FUCK THEM AND ANYONE WHO WOULD RECONCILE WITH THEM. NO COMPROMISE. NOT NOW OR EVER.
Unless you come back to discuss Dune, why fucking bother?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah, and that too :lol:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I just wasted 5 minutes reading your shit. I blame KJA for it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah what an arsehole that KJA :lol:
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Serkanner wrote:I just wasted 5 minutes reading your shit. I blame KJA for it.
:D
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Mr. Teg wrote:
:D
:lol:
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Nominated for post of the year.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

This forum is dying?

OMG!

Someone should tell the members!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

BTW, even before there ever was an official Dune forum there were fan forums. History has show that there is usualy only enough intrest to keep one busy at a time.

There can be only one...

You're lookin at it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:There can be only one...

nb
and quoted correctly without the common mistake "there can only be one"
nice one Freak, you are the quote master!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The site is.... dead.... completely dead.
Blame the HLP.
... it's just dead- no posting, no discussions, nothing.
HLP, again.
.... half the posts are deleted, and ironically the ones that are NOT deleted are the ones that are critical.
HLP.
Dear god, it's completely deserted.
That's the HLP running everybody off.
Dune doesn't have a awesome TV series or famous movies base like starwars or startrek has.
The fault for all of that lies squarely with the HLP.
... but in a few years, it will be back to stagnation once again.
Through the ineptitude of the HLP.
The whole damn thing is dying.... how do we move past this?
The HLP needs to relinquish the copyright.
I am talking about real, serious solutions aimed at fixing this whole problem PRIOR to the movie coming allowing us to move past this.

You have obviously never attempted to contact any member of the HLP.
I'll be back in a few weeks to check this post.
I really don't give a shit if you do or not, but I'll say, for the record, that my responses here are serious. The HLP will eventually be remembered as the worst, most inept, and massively clueless literary trust in all of human history.

You've got problems with the way Dune is being handled and "discussed" (when discussion is even allowed, that is)? Don't come bitching to us — complain directly to the HLP.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote: I really don't give a shit if you do or not, but I'll say, for the record, that my responses here are serious. The HLP will eventually be remembered as the worst, most inept, and massively clueless literary trust in all of human history.

You've got problems with the way Dune is being handled and "discussed" (when discussion is even allowed, that is)? Don't come bitching to us — complain directly to the HLP.
All too true.

They ran off or banned their customers,they deserve to fail. This forum is here as living proof.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Sheila: Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
Sheila: No, blame the HLP
Everyone: Blame the HLP
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame the HLP
Sheila: We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's the HLP's fault!
Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the darn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
Sheila: Well, blame the HLP
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since the HLP came along
Blame the HLP
Copy Guy: They're not even a real literary trust anyway
Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: heck no!
Blame the HLP
Sheila: With all their brains in jars
Liane: And that bitch KJA too
Shame on the HLP
For...
The stupid we must stop
The trash we must bash
The dumbing down
Must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before somebody thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!
shit someone is on this thread ;)
SABAZZ!
on the tune of

apologies to all our Canadian friends who would be offended :mrgreen: but hey it's south park!
(they call us French cowards and I find it hilarious every time)
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Most people here are critical of the new books. People who are critical of the new books are banned at DN. I fail to understand the logic that the people here are to blame for the drop in traffic at DN.
lotek

Post by lotek »

you shouldn't worry too much, the DN forum is not the only thing that is going very very... slow here, our friend onasander has a history of not making much sense :)

http://chiggerblog.hairyticksofdune.net/blog/?p=710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

A Little Galach wrote:Most people here are critical of the new books. People who are critical of the new books are banned at DN. I fail to understand the logic that the people here are to blame for the drop in traffic at DN.
People who are critical of the new books are the only ones (apparently) capable of Dune discussion. If they liked the new books they would discuss Dune with other people who like the new books, and they wouldn't have been banned from Dune Novels.

Makes perfect sense.

Like the new books you bastards. Then can we discuss Dune.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
lotek

Post by lotek »

apparently they're having trouble with finding preeqs now :)

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I'm sure not everyone below the "50% line" likes sci-fi. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"