Duncan in God Emperor

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Aquila ka-Hecate

Re: Duncan in God Emperor

Post by Aquila ka-Hecate »

Onasander wrote: However, being able to see Leto's face- and knowing he took after his after, and knowing the kid was a bit odd growing up and took too much after his father..... this would obviously be a good Duncan to bring back..... you don't want him too knowledgeable- and you certainly don't want one who tried to kill Leto in a pass life.
Onasander, I suspect that you might have some interesting things to say. Some original contribution to make to the discussions of Frank Herbert's Dune series.

However, your choice of phrasing is incredibly frustrating to try and wrest some meaning from. That's apart from all the spelling and grammar errors, which others have addressed in this thread.

The paragraph I've quoted for example: just what is this supposed to mean? I can't make any sense of it at all.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

aww, he's trying to prove something after my comment in his troll thread that he had never
demonstrated an aptitude for Dune Discussion ... he's taken that Tone of Voice like he's
gonna teach us all something ... he's got a little bit of an English vocabulary,
but not a whole lotta skill in using it .... he's watched more Discovery Channel than sat in
classrooms or read books, so he thinks he's got some education ... the kind of meaningless
analysis and empty phrases are what passes for Serious Discussion on the Corporate Dune Forum ....

he's just been trolled, too, BTW ... took the bait that I threw out, hit a sore spot, had to respond
with multiple lengthy posts, revealed his limitations, and the fact of the matter is I couldn't care
less if he knows anything about Dune or not ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This is my favorite at the moment from the Caladan thread:
I think atreided law pretty much continued after Paul disappeared into the desert on Caladan. Why would Fenring change it?
Yes, why would Fenring change the desert on Caladan? :lol:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Aquila ka-Hecate wrote:
Onasander wrote: However, being able to see Leto's face- and knowing he took after his after, and knowing the kid was a bit odd growing up and took too much after his father..... this would obviously be a good Duncan to bring back..... you don't want him too knowledgeable- and you certainly don't want one who tried to kill Leto in a pass life.

The paragraph I've quoted for example: just what is this supposed to mean? I can't make any sense of it at all.
Your[sic] looking at your classic Jungian brain-buster from his seminal work: Man and His Pass Lives: Psychology After His After. :think:

Onasander wrote:Anyone who studied a martial art would know what I am talking about..... strategy, tactics, situational awareness, and philosophy are a heavy portion of it.
Are you a character from The Foot Fist Way?
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."