No Really, Dune Fucking Sucks:an introduction to the project

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Apjak

No Really, Dune Fucking Sucks:an introduction to the project

Post by Apjak »

What? Huh? Egads!

http://www.wetasphalt.com/?q=content/no ... on-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:character-jaws: It even says it in the URL :shock:
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Re: No Really, Dune Fucking Sucks:an introduction to the project

Post by Sandwurm88 »

This guy is a faggot attention-seeker.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Sandwurm88 wrote:This guy is a faggot attention-seeker.
Sandwurm. Do not say that on this board ever again.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Sandwurm88 wrote:This guy is a faggot attention-seeker.
Hey, grow up. Unless you know him personally and know he is a fag, and he's such good friends with you that he's okay with you calling him that :roll: - you need to find a new word to mean "looser", faggot doesn't cut it. You might as well say:

This guy is a Kike attention-seeker.
This guy is a Camel-Fucker attention-seeker.
This guy is a Nigger attention-seeker.
This guy is a Chink attention-seeker.

If those aren't alright, then faggot isn't alright either.

EDIT TO ADD: Fuck, Omph beat me to it. :evil:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Who is this fuck again?
J F Quackenbush
User Info

AIM
wmihp

About you
J F Quackenbush is a poet, art critic, struggling novelist, and professional quality assurance consultant who lives in Seattle, Washington. His work has appeared in the journals blazeVOX, Rattle, Stirring, Arcturus, Crossing Rivers into Twilight, Wordplay, Urban Pollution, Argot, Big Bridge, Xelas, Gloom Cupboard, the arsonism anthology Issue 1 and the Australian Anthology series FourW. He was also one of the poets who would have been included in Jessica Smith's defunct Outside Voices 2008 Anthology. He cofounded the web-zine and proto-blog YankTheChain.com in the late nineties, is the current Poetry Editor and occasional contributor to Wet Asphalt, and is the reigning and undefeated Iron Poet Lyricist on Iron Poet the internet based poetry parody of the popular Japanese television export Iron Chef. His first book of poetry Household Activities: 100 Poems is soon to be published by Wet Asphalt Press. He has several college degrees, none of them in Creative Writing.

Website
http://mr-quackenbush.livejournal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

History
Member for
3 years 50 weeks
Um ... who cares?

Oh, and btw, I'm casting my first vote for rebanning Sloey.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Ha, I didn't realize that's definitely who that is - though I admit this post made me suspicious, now I see he has Sole Man as his "title".
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, he denies it but Omph & Freak say he's posting from the same (or a near?) IP address. There's more similarities than simply being the same age can account for. Even if by some weird working of the universe he's not Sloey, if he's going to post the same kind of shit, toast him.

Back on topic: "[Quackenbush] was also one of the poets who would have been included in Jessica Smith's defunct Outside Voices 2008 Anthology."

Doesn't that strike you as one of the "almost ran" kind of things KJA would include on his resumé? :lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

If there is one thing i've learned from online poetry sites its that the biggest literary whore is usually the alpha personality.

Mr "Quackenbush" (nice allegory, reminds me of this turd: Vincent Gallo) mentions he has "Several College Degrees". So does Orly Taitz.

To me this sounds simply like a "because its there" rant. Dune is big, and well known, so instead of liking it for its merits, he's launched an artistic campaign to hate it because its liked.

Works with: Sarah Palin. Obama.

Hard to tell from the intro rant if he's read it before or not. What comic adaption? Something from the Lynch Film that I've missed?

Most of all, I anticipate gleaning from his future rants how much he builds his hate for Dune, not because its great, but because as he actually reads it, delves in, and explores the book for tidbits of blog-worthy frothing; he's going to find himself liking it.

I Could be wrong, I could be attacking something I know nothing about and simply spewing a preconceived position.

EDIT: Its another feather in his cap of his "Death of American Letters" series. Obvious now that its a simple hate the big book fetish. This is the guy KJA was talking about when he said haters were simply unpublished authors.

Haven't read Wallace, which appears to be his standard for good artistic writing. Now, won't. Biased at the moment. For what its worth Mr. Q-bush, your description of how reading Wallace affected your life is practically the same way I felt reading DUNE. I assume there are some who felt the same way reading Atlas Shrugged, and that is where we can take a common point: Objectivism is basically Social Road Rage.
Last edited by Ampoliros on 19 Nov 2009 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Sandwurm88 wrote:This guy is a KJA attention-seeker.
I know where you are coming from but the term is completely inappropriate. I've fixed it to be more fitting, politically correct and ultimately more offensive to what mr q-bush's motives are.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Schu

Post by Schu »

It has clearly amounted to nothing, the dumbass hasn't made a single point.

Sandwurm88 - calling other people names to deal with the fact that you are the same thing is called projection. Also, you're an immature little wet patch.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Sandwurm88 wrote:This guy is a _______ attention-seeker.
well you certainly know how to draw attention to yourself, would you happen to be one of those
Sandwurm88 wrote:_______ attention-seekerS.
?

(remember this is a public forum, what you say to make your mates laugh is here exposed to the view of all, and I' sure that if your specific ethnic group or sexual orientation was targeted you wouldn't like it would you?)

Now let's see what that wanker who thinks Dune sucks has to say :lol:

nb: there is a comic book adaptation of Dune, I've seen a few on sale around amazon or ebay but never got round trying to read one of them.
http://www.amazon.com/Dune-Official-Com ... 0425076237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Dune based video games?
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 2009-02-04 15:14.

Dune based video games? Really? Do you get a point for every out-of-place adjective you insert in a sentence?
chig is that you?

sounds like you but the again you wouldn't post anonymously would you?

The guy's not getting many answers but thepost from Kristian looks like someone from here did it too(the reference to name calling and KJA fans is kind of a give away)
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

lotek wrote:The guy's not getting many answers but thepost from Kristian looks like someone from here did it too(the reference to name calling and KJA fans is kind of a give away)
As if his self-righteous attitude, almost snide "I'm the one being reasonable here"-posting style and irrational focus on rational debate wasn't enough, his last name is just a complete giveaway! :-)
lotek

Post by lotek »

Lundse wrote:
lotek wrote:The guy's not getting many answers but thepost from Kristian looks like someone from here did it too(the reference to name calling and KJA fans is kind of a give away)
As if his self-righteous attitude, almost snide "I'm the one being reasonable here"-posting style and irrational focus on rational debate wasn't enough, his last name is just a complete giveaway! :-)

:lol: I feel silly now... :mrgreen:

EDIT: it seems your irrationnally reasonable questions are still unanswered :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um ... even less reason to get excited about this:
Posted by J F Quackenbush on Sat, 2008-11-08 20:04
Here, have a look at this, from March:

http://www.wetasphalt.com/?q=content/di ... ne-i-meant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ahem. Reading is fundamental. Checking dates always a good idea. :naughty: ;)
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SandChigger wrote:Checking dates always a good idea. :naughty: ;)
Indeed, I tend to assume everything on the net is "fresh". So much for that particular Dune debate...

Now, where has Conway gone off to...? :-)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Who?

I think we all assume that. I know I didn't notice until I posted that last night, right after I went back to see if there had been any response to your comment. It happens, no biggie. And it got the ole juices churned up for a few hours ... ALWAYS a good thing! :)

Based on the last two comments on the March post I linked to, I kinda think this Quackenbush wouldn't have given you any more satisfaction than Pestie:
looks like a fail on the part of J. F. Quackenbush
Submitted by eddie (not verified) on Tue, 2009-08-04 21:45.

where is the in depth deconstruction of successful people?
What happened to J.F. Quackenbush?
Submitted by danimicg on Mon, 2009-08-24 02:26.

In reading these postings it seems asif Quack vanished from the face of the earth around the first of April. I checked out his twitter and there hasn't been anything added since then either. If anyone knows if he has given up on the Atlas shrugged concept I'd like to know cause that's really the only reason I visit this site. Thanks!
If he has yet to reply to them, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. ;)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Isn't he a seargant in the army? Maybe he's busy.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nope. He's the California Insurance Commissioner.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Nope. He's the California Insurance Commissioner.
Well, there went all my respect for him.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

I thought Atlas Shrugged was good.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Sandwurm88 wrote:I thought Atlas Shrugged was good.
So, that is you Sloey, you retard. I keep expecting you to post about how you're off to fuck your inflatable girlfriend. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.