Alia and Paul.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SadisticCynic

Re: Alia and Paul.

Post by SadisticCynic »

(Shukran is Arabic for thank you.)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

viewtopic.php?p=85309#p85309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First post contains links to the other vocabulary post(s). :)

(Need to get back to work on this stuff. Actually had someone contact me about Galach a while back, too! :shock: )
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Freakzilla wrote:I believe it was Paul because that was the BG plan to save the bloodline.
I wonder if it could have been Hayt/Duncan. Although he wasn't prescient per se, might there be some other reason Alia wouldn't have been able to see him in the future as the father? I ask this because Alia didn't quite say "there's a path where I see my child," she said "I see...my child." It sounds more like this was a future that she thought was going to happen, not one arbitrary possibility. Also she had, by this time, already developed a fascination with Hayt and they'd kissed, so I find it more than likely that she would project into the future with Hayt as a reasonable choice for a mate, not Paul. Since the oracles own desires and expectation of their own choices will figure into the future that they'll see, I don't see a reason why Alia would be envisioning futures with Paul as the father of her child. I don't think she had a thing for Paul.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It was obviously an alternate timeline be in reality she jumped out of a window.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Freakzilla wrote:It was obviously an alternate timeline be in reality she jumped out of a window.
Right, but we don't really know how much the desires of the oracle affect which visions come to them or not. I definitely agree with Hayt's assessment that Paul was the logical answer in interpreting Alia's vision. I'm just wondering whether he was right.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"