• Register
  • Login
  •          

Alia and Paul.

Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Alia and Paul.

Postby SadisticCynic » 27 Dec 2011 19:05

(Shukran is Arabic for thank you.)
    Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
    SadisticCynic

Postby SandChigger » 30 Dec 2011 08:23

viewtopic.php?p=85309#p85309

First post contains links to the other vocabulary post(s). :)

(Need to get back to work on this stuff. Actually had someone contact me about Galach a while back, too! :shock: )
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby georgiedenbro » 11 Sep 2014 14:51

Freakzilla wrote:I believe it was Paul because that was the BG plan to save the bloodline.

I wonder if it could have been Hayt/Duncan. Although he wasn't prescient per se, might there be some other reason Alia wouldn't have been able to see him in the future as the father? I ask this because Alia didn't quite say "there's a path where I see my child," she said "I see...my child." It sounds more like this was a future that she thought was going to happen, not one arbitrary possibility. Also she had, by this time, already developed a fascination with Hayt and they'd kissed, so I find it more than likely that she would project into the future with Hayt as a reasonable choice for a mate, not Paul. Since the oracles own desires and expectation of their own choices will figure into the future that they'll see, I don't see a reason why Alia would be envisioning futures with Paul as the father of her child. I don't think she had a thing for Paul.
    "um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
    georgiedenbro

Postby Freakzilla » 11 Sep 2014 15:20

It was obviously an alternate timeline be in reality she jumped out of a window.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby georgiedenbro » 11 Sep 2014 16:13

Freakzilla wrote:It was obviously an alternate timeline be in reality she jumped out of a window.

Right, but we don't really know how much the desires of the oracle affect which visions come to them or not. I definitely agree with Hayt's assessment that Paul was the logical answer in interpreting Alia's vision. I'm just wondering whether he was right.
    "um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
    georgiedenbro

Previous

Return to ˱