Dune Wiki

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

DuneFishUK

Re: Dune Wiki

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:So did the morons ever explain how the Ixians conveniently stopped being friends with House Atreides just before Dune?
Rhombursmash was moaning about the Technocrats becoming too powerful in Paul of Dune. No doubt this one will be resolved and rationalised in a flashback to the day before the first chapter of Dune...
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:So did the morons ever explain how the Ixians conveniently stopped being friends with House Atreides just before Dune?
Rhombursmash was moaning about the Technocrats becoming too powerful in Paul of Dune. No doubt this one will be resolved and rationalised in a flashback to the day before the first chapter of Dune...
:puke:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, in the "Circus Escapades" section of WoD, as Bonzo's fosterdaddy Rhomborg the Cybur lies dying on the theater floor he asks about Paul's safety before his own son's, which kinda pisses Bonzo off a bit, so once back on Ix he kicks all the Atreides troops off the planet. Then he gradually lets himself get pushed out of power, so voilà, by the time of Dune there's no special relationship between the Ixians and Atreides. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Baliset

Post by Baliset »

Hey, Dune Wiki has finally put a template which hides the Preq/Seq information by default.

For example:
http://dune.wikia.com/index.php?title=Bronso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What you may not like:
*The existence of section titles which are still visible, such as "Performance Company" in this case
*The categories such as "House Vernius" which are and should be, universal and ecumenical
*Some words which may connect the pure text with the hidden text, which however can be fixed with proper wording
lotek

Post by lotek »

Baliset wrote:Hey, Dune Wiki has finally put a template which hides the Preq/Seq information by default.

For example:
http://dune.wikia.com/index.php?title=Bronso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What you may not like:
*The existence of section titles which are still visible, such as "Performance Company" in this case
*The categories such as "House Vernius" which are and should be, universal and ecumenical
*Some words which may connect the pure text with the hidden text, which however can be fixed with proper wording
It is then made of crap.
why would anyone want to do that unless they'd deliberately wanted to feed the confusion between the pile of steaming envy for Frank that the Hack has somehow managed to get into print and the Real Dune we all love(enough to reply to your quite difficult to get the point post)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baliset wrote:*The categories such as "House Vernius" which are and should be, universal and ecumenical
Bullshit. How the fuck would YOU even know what is "universal" when you haven't read all of the books yet? (Or have you, finally?)

What a fucking joke. "House Vernius" is not mentioned once in any of the Dune books. It's not even in the goddamned fanfic Encyclopedia.
lotek

Post by lotek »

which is why obviously silly troll is obviously silly :)

try to be a bit more subtle if you can, this poor attempt at trolling shows little comprehension of the inner workings of the troll, go back to your cave or under that bridge, cry a little, as penance eat the nudune book of your choice, and then come back for some more!
Baliset

Post by Baliset »

SandChigger wrote: Bullshit. How the fuck would YOU even know what is "universal" when you haven't read all of the books yet? (Or have you, finally?)
Reading the books will make me as rude and inspire me saying "ass", "fuck", "crap", "goddamn" and "bullshit" in almost every single forum post, even to strangers? Will it teach me how to judge and reduce shamelessly people I do not know, by the books they read? Will I then be less silly and less troll than I am now? Will I learn hating?
It's not even in the goddamned fanfic Encyclopedia.
(Hey, how about making a goddamned fanfic Dune Encyclopedia hating forum?)
lotek wrote:which is why obviously silly troll is obviously silly :)
where "trolling" read: "not agreeing with us"

Well, at least troll is more polite

Ok no more "trolling", and time to make you happy. I'm off. Perhaps I will be back when I read the books, grow brains and become significantly ruder

PM me at Dumbass Novels if you want to bully and reduce me further.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Baliset wrote:
lotek wrote:which is why obviously silly troll is obviously silly :)
where "trolling" read: "not agreeing with us"

Well, at least troll is more polite

Ok no more "trolling", and time to make you happy. I'm off. Perhaps I will be back when I read the books, grow brains and become significantly ruder

PM me at Dumbass Novels if you want to bully and reduce me further.
no one cares about your dungnovels anymore, in fact no one buys them...
even stupid people have a limit to how much bs they can swallow, or so it seems(i was stupid enough to buy some of them and man do i regret that momentary lapse of reason :))

if you want bullying and being reduced I'll pass, not my cup of tea :arrow:
lotek

Post by lotek »

Baliset wrote:Ok no more "trolling", and time to make you happy. I'm off. Perhaps I will be back when I read the books, grow brains and become significantly ruder
maybe he's learning after all :mrgreen:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Baliset wrote:[
I fear me might be waiting a very looooooooong time before we see you back. until then: :hand:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baliset wrote:Perhaps I will be back when I read the books
You mean you STILL haven't finished them? :roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Damnit, my troll radar must be down! I missed all the fun. :lol:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Meh, even the preek trolls are third rate these days, not like in the Dungnovels days when there were proper flame wars. Combover's books are now so dreary that even his fans can't be arsed arguing anymore. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baliset wrote:I'm off.
And he was just back again. :lol: