A model of machines in Frank's B Jihad?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: A model of machines in Frank's B Jihad?

Post by SandChigger »

:P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote::D thanks freak, that's a thing of beauty! Why don't you guys carry stuff like that around, or at least keep it at home?
I don't think that would be entirely legal. :shock:
I think there's some kind of assault weapon ban.
That sounds like a violation of the second amendment to me (is that the right amendment?).
Yes, many feel it is.

I believe you can have assault weapons but they must be modified from fully-automatic to semi-automatic. Don't quote me on that, I don't know what the current laws are... I haven't tried to buy an assault weapon.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote::D thanks freak, that's a thing of beauty! Why don't you guys carry stuff like that around, or at least keep it at home?
That sounds like a violation of the second amendment to me (is that the right amendment?).
Yes, many feel it is.

I believe you can have assault weapons but they must be modified from fully-automatic to semi-automatic. Don't quote me on that, I don't know what the current laws are... I haven't tried to buy an assault weapon.
I'm surprised there aren't people campaigning for that, and the right to own rocket launchers and such. You'd need that shit to take out a corrupt government, which I understand is at least half of the purpose of that ammendment. Rocket launchers, fully automatic rifles, grenades, fully armed assault vehicles, including (if the owner is rich enough) tanks, apache helicopters and fighter jets.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Yes, many feel it is.

I'm surprised there aren't people campaigning for that, and the right to own rocket launchers and such. You'd need that shit to take out a corrupt government, which I understand is at least half of the purpose of that ammendment. Rocket launchers, fully automatic rifles, grenades, fully armed assault vehicles, including (if the owner is rich enough) tanks, apache helicopters and fighter jets.
Those people are in the National Guard already. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Yes, many feel it is.

Those people are in the National Guard already. :wink:
Isn't that the pussy department of the military? Sorry if that's incorrect, that's just the impression I've gotten from listening to people!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:Those people are in the National Guard already. :wink:
Isn't that the pussy department of the military? Sorry if that's incorrect, that's just the impression I've gotten from listening to people!
Not quite, they make up a large percentage of our active military. They go to the same basic and advanced training as the Regular Army. They then go to their civilian jobs and train one weekend a month and two weeks a year. They are called to active duty when needed.

Right now they are very needed.
Established under Title 10 and Title 32 of the U.S. Code, the Army National Guard is part of the National Guard and is divided up into subordinate units stationed in each of the 50 states and territories operating under their respective governors.[1] The Army National Guard may be called up for active duty by the state governors or territorial commanding generals to help respond to domestic emergencies and disasters, such as those caused by hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.[1]

With the consent of state governors, members or units of the Army National Guard may be appointed, temporarily or indefinitely, to be federally recognized armed force members, in the active or inactive service of the United States [2][3]. If federally recognized, the member or unit becomes part of the Army National Guard of the United States [4][5][6], which is a reserve component of the United States Army [4], and part of the National Guard of the United States [4].

Army National Guard of the United States units or members may be called up for federal active duty in times of Congressionally sanctioned war or national emergency [1]. The President may also call up members and units of state Army National Guard, with the consent of state governors, to repel invasion, suppress rebellion, or execute federal laws if the United States or any of its states or territories are invaded or is in danger of invasion by a foreign nation, or if there's a rebellion or danger of a rebellion against the authority of the federal government, or if the President is unable with the regular armed forces to execute the laws of the United States [7]. Because both state Army National Guard and the Army National Guard of the United States relatively go hand-in-hand, they are both usually referred to as just Army National Guard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_National_Guard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Okay, that clears it up a fair bit. I take it they're a lot like our Army Reserves.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

We also have a reserve. All Regular Army soldiers sign up for a period of reserve duty after their active enlistment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Reserve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

So many armies. Confusing.

If Canada or the US ever decides to go into places that actually need "liberating" from serious dictators and insane "rebel" armies (that's what they call themselves anyways, they're realy just giant gangs) I'll join up. Provided they're actually doing it to benifit the locals, and not for oil or as part of a stratagy against some enemy.

Until then, I'll bitch about what I see on the news. :wink:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:So many armies. Confusing.

If Canada or the US ever decides to go into places that actually need "liberating" from serious dictators and insane "rebel" armies (that's what they call themselves anyways, they're realy just giant gangs) I'll join up. Provided they're actually doing it to benifit the locals, and not for oil or as part of a stratagy against some enemy.

Until then, I'll bitch about what I see on the news. :wink:
When I joined, it was to repel Iraq from Kuwait. If they'd let us finish kicking their asses then, we wouldn't be there now. :x
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

I'm pretty sure there were a wee bit of alterior motives in that one too :wink:

Not that it didn't need doing.

I'd like to go into africa and kill some child army raising pieces of shit.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm pretty sure there were a wee bit of alterior motives in that one too :wink:

Iran uses children to clear mine fields, start doing push-ups. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm pretty sure there were a wee bit of alterior motives in that one too :wink:

I've only ever seen one source for that, and it was for quite a while ago. Not saying they don't still do it, but I haven't seen any evidence.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:

I've only ever seen one source for that, and it was for quite a while ago. Not saying they don't still do it, but I haven't seen any evidence.
Not exactly the kind of thing you put in your army press release.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Not exactly the kind of thing you put in your army press release.
No, but if we heard about it before we'd probably hear about it again.

besides the point, I should have clarified - I'll join if I think it's actually going to do some good in the long run and not be a giant fuck up. In the middle east, I have roughly zero faith in our governments. Hopefully they do the job right, but I think it's much more likely that they'll just pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan too early and leave those places in the shitter just as bad or worse than before we invaded, so next time they'll just come back at us harder, and this time we won't even be able to say they were in the wrong.