What is it about Dune that keeps you coming back for more?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

chanilover

Re: What is it about Dune that keeps you coming back for more?

Post by chanilover »

Aside from love, it seems that by the time of Heretics, the BG had focused so intently on their definition of what it means to be human that they'd almost become less than human themselves. There are numerous references to not just love, but emotion in general. An example is where Lucilla is telling Duncan that the BG avoid music as it stirs up too many confusing memory-emotions, and Duncan laughs in her face, telling her that's a shame as the BG miss out on so much in life.

Were the last two books written around the time of Bev's illness and death? The last two books just seem to have a feeling of being written by someone who feels they're running out of time. They just have that feeling, but it's not something in particular I can point to.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
trang

Post by trang »

the love theme runs its course thru the entire series, from the very begining. Jessica bared a boy child out of love for her Duke, despite her bene gesserit training and requirements.

Paul chose his path thru to his wanderings in the desert out of his love for chani.. that she not suffer.

Duncans love for Alia and Paul (his loyalty to me was always based out of love for the house)

letos love for ghanima..

Franks love for his wife:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Leto II. I like to read GEoD at least once every six months, in fact I have just started the novel again.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe