Semuta and music

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

DuneFishUK

Re: Semuta and music

Post by DuneFishUK »

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:Image
Mmmm... pork faggots... :drool:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:Mmmm... pork faggots... :drool:
:lol:

Great minds.... :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

trang wrote:hmm thought a "fag" was a bundle of twigs.. learn something new everyday:) as for brit vs Euro? I thought british were part of Euro, whats the distinction?
Yup, a faggot is a bundle of sticks, for starting a fire. That's where the term faggot for gays came from - what used to be considered the proper treatment of homosexuals, execution by fire.

I don't think I ever used the word like that again after I learned it's meaning. It's sickening what people think is moral sometimes.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
trang wrote:hmm thought a "fag" was a bundle of twigs.. learn something new everyday:) as for brit vs Euro? I thought british were part of Euro, whats the distinction?
Yup, a faggot is a bundle of sticks, for starting a fire. That's where the term faggot for gays came from - what used to be considered the proper treatment of homosexuals, execution by fire.
Bloody hell... really? :shock: Did not know that.

Nominate for Fact of the Day.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I heard it comes from the times when witches were burnt at the stake and gays were thrown on the fire to keep the flames burning after the sticks had run out, so 'faggot' = something you throw on a fire.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

chanilover wrote:I heard it comes from the times when witches were burnt at the stake and gays were thrown on the fire to keep the flames burning after the sticks had run out, so 'faggot' = something you throw on a fire.
Hadn't heard that one... bodies don't burn very well though, so gays would be very poor kindling.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
chanilover wrote:I heard it comes from the times when witches were burnt at the stake and gays were thrown on the fire to keep the flames burning after the sticks had run out, so 'faggot' = something you throw on a fire.
Hadn't heard that one... bodies don't burn very well though, so gays would be very poor kindling.
Im sure that they seasoned them under a shed or tarp for a year first.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Schu

Post by Schu »

It's also why many languages call the bassoon a fagott ('specially german), because it looks like a bundle of sticks.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

goodchrist, all I meant by "them British fags" was as the assholes
that divided up the middle east so arbritrarily after the first world war ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh ... you meant THEM British fags!

(Hey, how cool is that: "them" there is a determiner instead of a pronoun. :P )
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

This discussion can only end in a gun shot :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:This discussion can only end in a gun shot :)
You got him?

Yeah, i got him...
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandRider wrote:goodchrist, all I meant by "them British fags" was as the assholes
that divided up the middle east so arbritrarily after the first world war ...
Were they gay? 8) They probably drew the lines on the map in a hurry so they wouldn't miss the beginning of the Cher concert that night.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Hmm, maybe that also explains terms like "flaming" and "flamer"

Or maybe that's something else.

I didn't know you were a Brit. Seeing as how you're into Ms. Spears (not literally of course), you struck me as one of those rather non-classy American gay men. Although, when I think of British homosexuals, prissy old men like Ian McKellen always come to mind, which is pretty damned classy.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Drunken Idaho wrote:

I didn't know you were a Brit. Seeing as how you're into Ms. Spears (not literally of course), you struck me as one of those rather non-classy American gay men.
GAH! Wash your mouth out! :lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:

I didn't know you were a Brit. Seeing as how you're into Ms. Spears (not literally of course), you struck me as one of those rather non-classy American gay men.
This whole London thing is a ruse. CL is really from Arkansas. He's just got a vivid imagination. :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
chanilover wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:

This whole London thing is a ruse. CL is really from Arkansas. He's just got a vivid imagination. :wink:
I'd have guessed St. Louis. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Why doesn't Arkansas sound like Kansas?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A quesiton for the ages, indeed.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

ARKan-SAW or Ar-KANSAS

Many place names in our state, including Arkansas, are French pronunciations of Indian words.

At the time of the early French exploration, a tribe of Indians, the Quapaws, lived West of the Mississippi and north of the Arkansas River. The Quapaws, or OO-GAQ-PA, were also known as the downstream people, or UGAKHOPAG. The Algonkian-speaking Indians of the Ohio Valley called them the Arkansas, or "south wind."

The state's name has been spelled several ways throughout history. In Marquette and Joliet's "Journal of 1673", the Indian name is spelled AKANSEA. In LaSalle's map a few years later, it's spelled ACANSA. A map based on the journey of La Harpe in 1718-1722 refers to the river as the ARKANSAS and to the Indians as LES AKANSAS. In about 1811, Captain Zebulon Pike, a noted explorer, spelled it ARKANSAW.

During the early days of statehood, Arkansas' two U.S. Senators were divided on the spelling and pronunciation. One was always introduced as the senator from "ARkanSAW" and the other as the senator from "Ar-KANSAS." In 1881, the state's General Assembly passed a resolution declaring that the state's name should be spelled "Arkansas" but pronounced "Arkansaw."

The pronunciation preserves the memory of the Indians who were the original inhabitants of our state, while the spelling clearly dictates the nationality of the French adventurers who first explored this area.

http://www.soskids.ar.gov/5-8-history-arkansas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Wait a minute, weren't the Harkonnens originally supposed to represent something like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia or something? I thought the Corrinos represented America.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

moreh_yeladim wrote:Wait a minute, weren't the Harkonnens originally supposed to represent something like Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia or something? I thought the Corrinos represented America.
Harkonnen is a Finnish name, I believe, and Vladimire is Slavic but beyond that I don't see the connection.
~Pink Snowman
Schu

Post by Schu »

I don't think the Harkonnens resemble any current or historical society. I figured the Corrino to be Italian. Especially that Crown prince guy (Raphael?) - his thingy about statecraft always came off rather machiavellian.