technopeasantry

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: technopeasantry

Post by SandChigger »

You ... know me too well. :shock:

Forgot to mention earlier: the great thing about priapic midgets is they come with a ready handle for use when tossing them. ;)

Don't think about it.

Just do it.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Do you guys think it was Herbert or Ransom that came up with that twisted scene? My bet is Ransom but I would not put it past that old Herbert to thorw in something twisted like that, almost as a gag.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

TheDukester wrote:At my last office job, my password was "password" for quite awhile. Finally, during some sort of routine security upgrades, the IT manager called me and asked me to change it. I was actually sort of sad ...
People like me love people like you, because people like me know to try that one first, right before your last name, and your last name backwards.

As for the topic at hand...technology is a tool that can be good or bad. Computers are wonderful until they do all your thinking for you. It's not a BAD thing to let a computer run the long, complicated math...so long as you can do it yourself, in a pinch.

There's no direct evil in relying on technology, the problem only comes when you rely on technology TOO MUCH.

I'd think this should be obvious to readers of Dune, though. The Butlerian Jihad wasn't a cure-all, as the Chigger suggests. It just gave humanity a new and different handicap, that took thousands of years to wear off, because people were too fucking stupid to realize that AI should complement the human mind, not dominate its functions.

So, yeah, I could get through calculus with a TI-89, just plugging in my integrals and derivations, but I can actually do the calculations by hand, too. So I'm not losing out by using the TI-89 when time is a factor.

:roll:
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You know, I rather have my doubts about someone being able to fly a shuttle from a ship in orbit down to the surface of a planet without the use of a computer. What do you think?

(Of course, technopeasants wouldn't be worrying about such things, right? ;) )
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Phaedrus wrote:
TheDukester wrote:At my last office job, my password was "password" for quite awhile. Finally, during some sort of routine security upgrades, the IT manager called me and asked me to change it. I was actually sort of sad ...
People like me love people like you, because people like me know to try that one first, right before your last name, and your last name backwards.
So, how's that working out for you? feeling superior that is. FFS it's his work PC. Fuck, just shoot me already.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Phaedrus wrote:
So, how's that working out for you? feeling superior that is. FFS it's his work PC. Fuck, just shoot me already.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Good God, man, get a grip, you're stutterposting. :roll:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Oops. I blame the coffee.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I blame Obama. And Bush. :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It's my parents...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

inhuien wrote:So, how's that working out for you? feeling superior that is.
Minus 10 points for the bad Fight Club reference. And another 20 for the double post.
FFS it's his work PC. Fuck, just shoot me already.
No place is safe from assholes who decide to write batch files to make a billion pictures of a penis pop up upon the loading of Windows. Also, hackers.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A billion pix, huh?

A NEW GOAL TO STRIVE FOR!!! :D
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Phaedrus, I'm in awe. The adroitness by which you sidestepped my question has left me speechless. Lovin' the smoke diggin' the mirrors.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

play nice now fellows. :naughty:

Don't make Momma come in there. :twisted:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Phaedrus wrote:People like me love people like you, because people like me know to try that one first, right before your last name, and your last name backwards.
What the fuck ... ?

It was my workstation at my job, bro, as was made clear. Like I gave a shit if anyone got into it.

:crazy:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

TheDukester wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:People like me love people like you, because people like me know to try that one first, right before your last name, and your last name backwards.
What the fuck ... ?

It was my workstation at my job, bro, as was made clear. Like I gave a shit if anyone got into it.

:crazy:
Your works password should always be something you can tell people. - You don't want to give them clues as to the type of password you use for real stuff.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

DuneFishUK wrote:Your works password should always be something you can tell people. - You don't want to give them clues as to the type of password you use for real stuff.
Shit. So "I-Hate-KJA" ... too obvious? I have to change it?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

TheDukester wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:Your works password should always be something you can tell people. - You don't want to give them clues as to the type of password you use for real stuff.
Shit. So "I-Hate-KJA" ... too obvious? I have to change it?
That's quite a good password... I might have to start using it :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -