New Hardcovers

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'd been meaning to tell this story for awhile, this seems like a good enough place.

Right after I first got down here (South Texas Gulf Coast), I made a run up to
Corpus Christi - went to the big mall there & to the franchise bookstore.

As most of you know, I always carry a flask of whiskey on me. (You can never
tell when you'll need it.) After looking around the store, I took me a few big
swigs, swished it around my mouth quite a bit, making sure to dribble some thru
my beard.

Then I started hollering for the manager.

In a loud and belligerent tone, I demanded the Keith Anderson books be separated
from the Frank Herbert books. (They were in fact, ALL mixed up, Frank's Dune,
Frank's other books, and all the noDune, in no particular order. No "Timeweb",
tho... WTF ?)

At one point, I began demanding that Keith's books be shelved under "A", not "H".
It was pointed out to me that "Brian Herbert" was on the cover, and they were
"Dune" books, so it made sense to shelve them together.

It was then pointed out to them that "Brian Herbert" didn't write a fucking word in
any of these "books", and that they weren't "Dune" books, you ignorant assholes.

Right about then is when the Mall Cop showed up ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandRider wrote:It was then pointed out to them that "Brian Herbert" didn't write a fucking word in
any of these "books", and that they weren't "Dune" books, you ignorant assholes.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know you're in trouble when the Mall Cop shows up! :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I actually spent some time organizing the books at my Borders. :oops:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That's the spirit! :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SandRider wrote:I'd been meaning to tell this story for awhile, this seems like a good enough place.

my beard.

In a loud and belligerent tone, I demanded the Keith Anderson books be separated
tho... WTF ?)

At one point, I began demanding that Keith's books be shelved under "A", not "H".

It was then pointed out to them that "Brian Herbert" didn't write a fucking word in

Yay, thanks for the story, uncle Sandrider!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Ghost wrote:
SandRider wrote:I'd been meaning to tell this story for awhile, this seems like a good enough place.

my beard.

tho... WTF ?)

Yay, thanks for the story, uncle Sandrider!
:laughing: Well done sir!
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:It was pointed out to me that "Brian Herbert" was on the cover, and they were "Dune" books, so it made sense to shelve them together.
This is my favorite part. I can just picture the bookstore employees: "But, sir, 'Brian Herbert' comes just before 'Frank Herbert'; what else can we do?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Re:

Post by DuneFishUK »

inhuien wrote:This is the best site for covers that I (and everyone else) knows of, there's a copy of the panorama there somewhere aswell.

add
Sorry SC the panorama pic's gone AWAL.
http://www.duneinfo.com/caladan/timescape.asp
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: New Hardcovers

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, thanks! :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Dune is a weird one.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The giant dome on HoD seems a little odd.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Re: Re:

Post by inhuien »

DuneFishUK wrote:
inhuien wrote:This is the best site for covers that I (and everyone else) knows of, there's a copy of the panorama there somewhere aswell.

add
Sorry SC the panorama pic's gone AWAL.
http://www.duneinfo.com/caladan/timescape.asp
Thanks DFUK, I'd forgotten about that site, there really is a wealth of information and detail there. Found a link to this if any one's in the market.
Sev

Post by Sev »

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but rather than creating a new one thought I'd tack this on the end of this one. Because I'm mad I've been looking at some of Keith's Dune blogs from 2006, and this one is perplexing (the pertinent paragraph is italicized):
Keith on 15 August wrote:Dune Hardcovers at Last!

We are very pleased to announce that, after many years of arm-twisting, Ace Books has agreed to reissue the rest of Frank Herbert's original DUNE Chronicles in hardcover. We want to thank all the fans and all their support in helping to make this happen. More than 800 of you signed the petition to reissue the hardcovers, and I'm sure that had some effect on the decision.

We don't yet have any firm dates or release schedule, but we will post it here as we learn further information.

And again, sadly -- and inexplicably -- a few of the immature Talifan tried to ruin this for everybody. And again, their surly sabotage efforts didn't achieve the result they were trying for. For some reason, which I am at a loss to understand, some of the Talifan tried to ruin the petition to reprint the DUNE hardcovers by messing up the accuracy of the names listed, by adding false names and obscene comments, lacing their postings with insults and derogatory remarks. If they are on the official Dune website, and claim to be Dune fans, why would they try to damage Frank Herbert's reputation or attempt to prevent the reissuing of Frank Herbert's books? They have shown their true colors to everybody.

And the rest of us will still have the Dune hardcovers to enjoy. Thanks again to all of you for showing so much enthusiasm.
What's the story here? Anyone remember? Or is it just another Keith fabrication? :crazy:
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wow, don't remember that at all. But it's great to see how Keith casually tosses around totally offensive terms like "Talifan" without a glimmer of a clue as to why it makes him a shallow, hateful little fat-boy.

I'd say it's one of his legendary "Lies That Keep On A-Growin' ." Sort of like "thousands of fan letters" (maybe eight fan letters) and FH's "detailed Dune 7 notes" (two pages, one of which was a grocery list). I can believe a couple of douchebags might have messed with the list, but there would have been no proof at all that they were OH. Bored trolls sounds more likely.

Not that something like "proof" has ever gotten in Kevin J. Anderfuck's way. I hate him so fucking much.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Yeah, I don't see any OHers doing something to mess up Frank 's stuff.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I'm pretty sure every online petition gets those kind of trolls. But, of course, everyone online is a Talifan and part of the massive anti-nu-Dune conspiracy. :roll:
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Redstar wrote:everyone online is a Talifan and part of the massive anti-nu-Dune conspiracy. :roll:
...Also known as SandChigger. :shock:

Anyone got a link to the petition? Link or this is bullshit.

-- EDIT --

Found it: http://web.archive.org/web/200608180340 ... b=1&show=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erm... I call bullshit. Only the first page is archived, but there's not even a comment field for the obscene comments.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Gotta agree; complete bullshit. This happened only in Keith's twisted mind.

The only possible trolling I see on that first page is where "William Hurt" signed up. But maybe he really enjoyed his experience in playing Duke Leto?

So just how did those naughty Talifans post their "derogatory comments" without a comments section? :think:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hmm...

I remember that there was a petition, and that there was talk of vandalism, but to the best of my recollection I never even looked at the petition, let alone sign it.

As with everything these people shit out their facial anuses, where's the proof? And as Redstar pointed out, they can't prove it was anyone who then or now belongs to the "OH".

But you can be sure the fanboys ate it up and believed every word for gospel. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:shifty:

You said facial anuses. :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie