Dune Tattoo

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

nymphitz

Dune Tattoo

Post by nymphitz »

I believe I have posted this on Arrakeen at one point...

Any one want to try their hand, and drawing my next tattoo? 8)

I would like to get a mouse behind my ear. (Kinda curving with/towards my right ear. With the head, at the bottom of my ear, tail at the top...Nothing cartoonie.)

Any takers?
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Why don't you post us pictures of your current tattoos. Don't want to duplicate any ideas, or anything. :wink:
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

8)
...Only tattoo I have at the moment.
(Don't have any sketches of the mouse I have in mind...I'm terrible with a pen.)
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:Why don't you post us pictures of your current tattoos. Don't want to duplicate any ideas, or anything. :wink:
that was smooth :P

that's a cool tat nymph. and i love the dogtag
:D Can't blame a brotha for tryin'.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

nymphitz wrote:Image

8)
...Only tattoo I have at the moment.
(Don't have any sketches of the mouse I have in mind...I'm terrible with a pen.)
Can't "undo" that tatt!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

Thank you. :)...Unfortunatly I became a Mac user, afterwards. :roll:
Can't blame a brotha for tryin'.
Tisk tisk, snuck that one right by me! :lol:
Can't "undo" that tatt!
Yay! :P few ppl understand what it means, lol.
Last edited by nymphitz on 27 Feb 2009 14:34, edited 2 times in total.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I am sort of a tat fanatic, I adore tats. Can I show the one my wife and I got? Im piggy backing your thread nymphitz! Your tat is awesome but I had seen it before... still cool though

my wife and I both have the exact same design in the same place. the date is when we were married.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

Aw that's a cute idea SM!
Lundse

Sorry, but...

Post by Lundse »

...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

And the only one I would consider getting (do it right, or don't do it). 'Unfortunately' the laws were changed since, and I neither were, am or am planning to be a US citizen, BUT - when that tattoo was inked, it effectively made the recipient a piece of munition under US law.

No amount of flames, skulls, pentagrams or umlauts will ever come close to that!

See also:
http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/rsa

PS:
I did manage to fire one of these of, making me an international arms dealer! (http://online.offshore.com.ai/arms-trafficker)
dunepunk

Re: Sorry, but...

Post by dunepunk »

Lundse wrote:...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

And the only one I would consider getting (do it right, or don't do it). 'Unfortunately' the laws were changed since, and I neither were, am or am planning to be a US citizen, BUT - when that tattoo was inked, it effectively made the recipient a piece of munition under US law.

No amount of flames, skulls, pentagrams or umlauts will ever come close to that!

See also:

PS:
I did manage to fire one of these of, making me an international arms dealer! (http://online.offshore.com.ai/arms-trafficker)
We should've kept it labelled as a munition and then broke out the second amendment a la xkcd
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that the thoughts acquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Sorry, but...

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Lundse wrote:...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

See also:

PS:
That is a pretty cool tattoo. Reminds me of when my old drummer got his black belt, he apparently became legally considered a deadly weapon. No joke. He had to be really careful that any fight he ever got in he had witnesses that would state that it was self defense, because if he punches someone he gets charged with assault with a deaply weapon, not just assault. How badass is that?
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

That is a pretty cool tattoo. Reminds me of when my old drummer got his black belt, he apparently became legally considered a deadly weapon. No joke. He had to be really careful that any fight he ever got in he had witnesses that would state that it was self defense, because if he punches someone he gets charged with assault with a deaply weapon, not just assault. How badass is that?
Wow, thats intense! :shock:
ARCH

Post by ARCH »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
nymphitz wrote:
Wow, thats intense! :shock:
ummmm nymph is that new avatar you?
:lol:
Of course it's her.
She always uses her pics for avatars(or at least she's done it so far)

Nymph, are you still working in a photography studio?
You've seemed to lost a lot weight form your last pic.
How are you gonna wrestle if you're willowynow?(it suits you btw.it's just different so i was surprised for a while)
Did you stop wrestling?

:lol:
Sorry for the questionary but i haven't seen you online for a long time
and am wondering what's new? :D
" Nature beauteous form
Contains a lovely essence
Called by some- decay
By this lovely presence
New life finds its way.
Tears shed silently
Are but water of soul
They bring new life
To the pain of being--
A separation from that seeing
Which death makes whole."
-klAckAlicA-

omnia mea mecum porto.
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

Eos (the rat) and I. 8)

ARCH! :)
No longer in the studio...I shoot independently now...and work selling camera gear...and attend school, busy busy. :roll:

:oops: Thank you...I'm no longer wrestling. (not professionally anyways... :wink: ) Haven't wrestled since it put me into a neck brace...Someday when I'm not so busy, I'd like to hit the mats again! :)

How about you, stranger? Spill the beans! :D
cmsahe

Re: Dune Tattoo

Post by cmsahe »

nymphitz wrote:I believe I have posted this on Arrakeen at one point...

Any one want to try their hand, and drawing my next tattoo? 8)

I would like to get a mouse behind my ear. (Kinda curving with/towards my right ear. With the head, at the bottom of my ear, tail at the top...Nothing cartoonie.)

Any takers?
What about Muad'Dib with his maker hooks getting ready to ride a worm?
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Baron Harkonnen buggering Gurney Halleck.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

If I got a dune tat it would be a quote, Im not sure what quote but a good LetoII quote 1 line

no absolutes
Tio_Holtzmann

Post by Tio_Holtzmann »

Have you checked the quote database at http://www.dunemessiah.com ? They've got quite a wealth of information.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah. Unfortunately they got a wealth of shit mixed in there as well.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. You must climb the mountain just a little—enough to test that it's a mountain, enough to see where the other mountains are. From the top of any mountain, you cannot see that mountain.
Empress Herade, consort to Crown Prince Raphael Corrino
(Dune: House Corrino)

What had the Lady Jessica to sustain her in her time of trial? Think you carefully on this Bene Gesserit proverb and perhaps you will see: "Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."
—from "Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries" by the Princess Irulan
(Dune, by Frank Herbert)

Stupid asshat pickle-fucker shithead hack. :evil:
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SwordMaster wrote:If I got a dune tat it would be a quote, Im not sure what quote but a good LetoII quote 1 line

no absolutes
"Here I am, here I remain" I like this one.

----
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Yeah. Unfortunately they got a wealth of shit mixed in there as well.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. You must climb the mountain just a little—enough to test that it's a mountain, enough to see where the other mountains are. From the top of any mountain, you cannot see that mountain.
Empress Herade, consort to Crown Prince Raphael Corrino
(Dune: House Corrino)

What had the Lady Jessica to sustain her in her time of trial? Think you carefully on this Bene Gesserit proverb and perhaps you will see: "Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."
—from "Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries" by the Princess Irulan
(Dune, by Frank Herbert)

Stupid asshat pickle-fucker shithead hack. :evil:
The hacks plagiarized Frank Herbert, the brainless dumbos!

When Siona and Leto II are on the desert she asks "Is this as good a direction as any other?" -"As long as you keep to it", answered Leto II.

----
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm not sure plagiarism is the right word for it. (Brian owns the copyrights after all. :roll: ) And in point of fact it's nastier:

What Frank Herbert called a "Bene Gesserit proverb", they attribute to the consort of a Corrino "Crown Prince"—both characters, no doubt, of their own creation. (In terms of protocol, I seriously doubt it would be correct for the consort to be referred to as an "empress" when the man himself never took the Imperial Crown. Just more stupid shit. :roll: )

Their changes to the wording is also stupid: Even if the consort herself was not BG, the BG would remember and pass on her words exactly.

Asshat hack. :evil:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Their changes to the wording is also stupid: Even if the consort herself was not BG, the BG would remember and pass on her words exactly.

Asshat hack. :evil:
duh... :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
theGombeenMan

Post by theGombeenMan »

i think you should get a kangaroo mouse instead of regular mouse ...hehe

I designed several i 'll try and give it a shot.. my dune tattoo pics are coming up later this week hopefully
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

after more thought on the subject. the only true dune image is the sandworm. I reecomend a sandworm tat.