Dune Tattoo

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

inhuien

Re: Dune Tattoo

Post by inhuien »

Na, in the wrong light it may look like a dauber.
trang

Post by trang »

I have few suggestions:

1. Look att he cover art from all the different DUNE book covers, see if
something strikes your fancy. (not dune, but the cover of the FH book EYE, that Priest is pretty detailed and wicked looking)

2. Go simple, the Guild Symbol from the 1984 movie is simple but cool. Also The books talk of all the Schools: BG, SUK, Swords of Ginaz, etc. Might design simple one based on that?

3. FH in the Dune Font that is on the covers of the books, Someone around here did it I would have to look up the thread.

My question, where is it going to be and how big is it gonna be? lends to making one.

Im not a tattoo type myself, 41 years nary a ink mark on me, but can appreciate the art of it.
If I was to get one, a DUNE one would be it for sure.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Perhaps we could give you better ideas if we saw the palatte upon which you are going to emblazon yourself? Hmm? :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I want to get a small (by my standards) tattoo before I leave Vancouver, and can't decide what to get. Any suggestions for something cool I could maybe get written in the new Dune font?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I want to get a small (by my standards) tattoo before I leave Vancouver, and can't decide what to get. Any suggestions for something cool I could maybe get written in the new Dune font?
Get a rooster in a noose on your calf.

You can make bar bets that you have a cock hung below your knee.

:D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I want to get a small (by my standards) tattoo before I leave Vancouver, and can't decide what to get. Any suggestions for something cool I could maybe get written in the new Dune font?
Get a rooster in a noose on your calf.

You can make bar bets that you have a cock hung below your knee.

:D
:lol:
Tio_Holtzmann

Post by Tio_Holtzmann »

Would any of you be able to draw Shai-Hulud for a tattoo that would go across my shoulder blade onto my shoulder?

Also, if at all possible I'd appreciate an artistic rendering of a crysknife or a pair of maker hooks. So far all I have to work with is this:
http://www.thestargates.com/dune/crysknifeENCYCLO.gif
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Tio_Holtzmann wrote:Would any of you be able to draw Shai-Hulud for a tattoo that would go across my shoulder blade onto my shoulder?

Also, if at all possible I'd appreciate an artistic rendering of a crysknife or a pair of maker hooks. So far all I have to work with is this:
http://www.thestargates.com/dune/crysknifeENCYCLO.gif
That drawing is inaccurate.

Crysknife handles have deep finger ridges.

Also, they have no guard.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
insidiom

Post by insidiom »

another resurrected post. this is from the illustrated dune. stilgar, if i remember correctly.
he is on my right calf and his eyes are fluorescent blue ink, so they glow in blacklight.
around him is the fremen maxim, paraphrased. had to take the articles out to make it fit.

i might be able to help with tattoo ideas. im a former art student and tattoo artist, many years ago.

"...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
"that it does."

"A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH

darkness loves bbq