How Predictable - Arrakeen Re-Opens

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

chanilover

How Predictable - Arrakeen Re-Opens

Post by chanilover »

Just in time for the first anniversary death party, emotional and intellectual retard Hyppo re-opens Arrakeen.

http://www.arrakeen.info

It looks like Hyppo and Irulan have decided to give themselves new usernames. The introductory page is priceless - do you think Hyppo, the supposed proof reader, checked the spellings?
So who runs the new Arrakeen? Why keep the same name when you could have started off with something fresh and more ...original? Well, to start off with, Arrakeen is now ran by two long-timeDune enthustiasts: Kantele and Auliya.
That should be 'run', not 'ran'.
While we value our privacy, it certainly does not deter us from forming great friendships online or trying to give back to the communities we consider ourselves fans of. We decided to keep the same name because it is the same community - only it has been reorganized, given a polished new look and a slightly more versatile functionality. After all, Angelina Jolie after a make-over is still...Angelina Jolie, n'est pas?
The only thing worse than a pretentious idiot dropping in random French phrases is a pretentious idiot who doesn't understand the very basics of the language. That should be 'n'est-ce pas'.

Pathetic.
The original site was created by Baron of the Mice on the 12th of June 2005, under the guise of a message board hosted by InvisionFree. The next five members to join the Arrakeen community were Orald, Planetologist Umma Kynes, Pyr, Servant of the Sisterhood, and Crysknife, respectively. Pyr left soon afterwards, and the remaining four members were then chosen to join the Arrakeen Staff
What a lovely watered-down little summary of what went on. Wonder why they left out the good bits? She has no morals whatsoever, measly-minded turd.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol... I just made a post in the sekret clubhouse about this.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Congratulations !
(dance, monkey, dance !)
The original board remains an Archived Resource, to be used by the present caretakers of the new Arrakeen.
that's priceless !
(the data is gone)

}so this was the site stumbled upon earlier.....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

CALLED IT!!!

:lol:

I wish I could say that announcing the 'Keen is Dead Party was all part of a wheels-in-wheels plan to force the stupid cow's hand, but it was really just vindictive spitefulness. :P

But it did occur to me here recently that she might try to get it back up before a year had passed.

That pissy Irulan would be involved has been a suspicion since she brought Arrakis Awakening back. They're currently hosting the site on Irulan's web domain. Let's hope this "great online friendship" they've formed remains strong! And Irulan doesn't fuck it up like she did DoD.

Pity somebody swiped the Arrakeen short URL, though, huh. :lol:

Anyway, we know how exacting Hyppo is about grammar (she has worked in the past)(as an editor/proofreader, I mean), so that text was probably written by Irulan. She's originally Polish, after all, not necessarily polished.

I guess they didn't get the memo about the current Dune forum glut....

Good luck, cunts!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:cat fight:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman