New Sites?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I don't know what Andy thinks "Heavy Metal Politics" is - his posts on current events
on Blahgger News Network and Pajamas Media are very standard reactionary
right-wing Islamophobe neo-con bullshit. Like he listened to Limbaugh for about
a week and "saw the light".

There's an interesting post in the comments on the Amazon page of one of his
"books" - to the effect that Andy's from Maine and full of shit. (He lives in his
'castle' somewhere in England.) That was the one that really set me off on him -
if he were just some pretentious British asshole, well, most Brits are that way,
but he's a wannabe pretentious British asshole. Some problem with a student visa
years ago, or he's wanted over here for something. Never have figured that out,
and Andy never answered emails or posts about it.

That is him in the banner - maybe after cancer, I don't know, maybe just photoshopped
to look "dark and menancing" - there's another picture of him, I think on Pajamas Media,
he is a rather doughy looking man with stringy, greasy long hair.

I've not found a pic of the Wife, but her blahg isn't as bad. I feel sorry for her -
I keep thinking she married him when he was young and kinda cool, maybe, then
the cancer thing and she got stuck with him. I'm thinking, from his anti-Islam rants,
that he probably had little to no political opinions before Sept. 11.

I've let up on him since Christmas. Got bored, kinda. For a minute there, when he
called me his "stalker" and posted about it, I thought he had some fight. Then he just
started ignoring me, and not posting my comments to his blagh. I'm in the back of his
mind, tho. Always.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

just had another random thought -

If I'm in the back of your mind, always, and Tslezer's behind your eyes,
watching everything you do, even that, then the SandChigger must
be right there in the middle, eating your fucking brains ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm cool with that interpretation.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

At first I was a little shocked but now I find myself wholly supportive of that interpretation.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wait, now you're behind their eyes, waiting ...

and I was going to thank you for the add in your sig, but now you've changed it - still one of mine, tho, so thank you ....
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

The things you find when you know where to look...

Post by SandChigger »

On Jan 13 2009 at 05:45 PM, Samhain wrote:When a friend of mine suggested that we resurrect an old forum of hers, hosted by InvisionFree, I knew we would run into problems: finding that perfect skin that would suit the theme of Frank Herber's sci-fi series...Dune. As much as I like to dabble in graphic design, I am still but a "padawan" of the art. So, after a long and agonizing search, we came to finding a look that closely fitted our vision. Or so we thought. It was close - but not close...enough.

We wanted a look that was both elegant and flawless. We found it the moment I first set eyes on the "Earth Tones" skin.

Arrakeen's New Look

I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to all involved in the design of this skin. It is bold, yet easy on the eyes; precise in execution (loads ultra-fast), and overall flawless in visual display. You have a definite winner there, Larry, Mike, et. al - I can't wait to see what you'll do for the new IPB 3!
:lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: The things you find when you know where to look...

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
On Jan 13 2009 at 05:45 PM, Samhain wrote:When a friend of mine suggested that we resurrect an old forum of hers, hosted by InvisionFree, I knew we would run into problems: finding that perfect skin that would suit the theme of Frank Herber's sci-fi series...Dune. As much as I like to dabble in graphic design, I am still but a "padawan" of the art. So, after a long and agonizing search, we came to finding a look that closely fitted our vision. Or so we thought. It was close - but not close...enough.

We wanted a look that was both elegant and flawless. We found it the moment I first set eyes on the "Earth Tones" skin.

Arrakeen's New Look

I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to all involved in the design of this skin. It is bold, yet easy on the eyes; precise in execution (loads ultra-fast), and overall flawless in visual display. You have a definite winner there, Larry, Mike, et. al - I can't wait to see what you'll do for the new IPB 3!
:lol:
From the Invisionfree site? Not DN, is it?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, it's from the site selling the I.P. Board theme they're using.

Samhain is one of HIH IC's alternative usernames.

She gets around almost as much as Timewalker, er, I mean, Hyppo.

Reminds me, someday we'll have to discuss the avatars used by these two, one in her late thirties and the other in her mid forties. ;)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Nah, it's from the site selling the I.P. Board theme they're using.

Samhain is one of HIH IC's alternative usernames.

She gets around almost as much as Timewalker, er, I mean, Hyppo.

Reminds me, someday we'll have to discuss the avatars used by these two, one in her late thirties and the other in her mid forties. ;)
Samhain? That's another name for Satan. Some Wiccan thing.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um ... no. Sounds like "Christian" propaganda, that.

Samhain was the Celtic celebration marking the beginning of both winter and their year. Which the Xians later co-opted into their All Hallows Day. November 1st.

I don't know if Earth-baby (Terra-Tot?) Irulan is a Wiccan or not, but it fits the general tree-fugger vibe that seems to pour off her like crotchrot stank pours off Hyppo.

Speaking of whom, she's posted some new shit over on Dune Novels (as part of her general "OH GODDAMMIT I HAVE SO MUCH DUNE TO CONTRIBUTE!!!" campaign) but nothing in the Arrakeen Revivified thread. Do they really think anyone's fooled by the Auliya/Kantele name change? :?
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

The neo-pagans have really built up samhain, there are a few re-constructionists who have done studies to try and get a historical view of the the various traditions from the different celtic cultures.

I favor the historic approach because of the value for understanding the celtic culture at various times. At work one of the janitors is a Basque who with his family fought Franco in Spain and was interred in a camp in France before the nazi's took over. We've had some interesting talks about the similarities of our various cultures.

Rob