New Sites?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

New Sites?

Post by SandChigger »

Was this announced here?

It would appear that Irulan Corrino has started up a new version of Arrakis Awakening.

URL: http://arrakis-awakening.co.nr/

Anything about that URL look familiar?

Well, go have a look at the site for the full deja-vu experience.

I notice that she's also sporting this banner in her sig over on DN:

Isn't it HOT when they clump up together like this?

(Don't recognize many of the forum members' names. Except Fantapop. That kinda says it all, no?)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

They're perfect for each other.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Hybitch and some other website are using a similar banner for their sites?
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:They're perfect for each other.
I thought you were talking about Hyppo, I didn't mean that about Irulan.

She doesn't deserve Fantomas.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Remains to be seen. She's spouting the same kind of PC bullshit over on DN as Hyppocritia.

And she's Canadian!

It all makes me want to hug someone.... :roll:

I forgot to add a poll question I was thinking about. Something along the lines of

H.I.H. Irulan C. has a new forum! How long do you think she can go without fucking this one up?

- One Week
- A Fortnight
- One Month
- Three Months
- Less than any of the above
- Other

After all, that free redirect URL is perfect for web doofusses as long as they keep regular/full backups (evidently not her strong suit, though): if they fuck up one installation, they can slap up another one and just reset the redirect.

"Did the board go down (again)?"
"No, was just a little glitch...."

I wonder if it was actually her with the Arrakeen stuff came up last week? Or if she and Hyppo are working together.

Ah, questions questions questions! It's SUCH an exciting time to be alive! :lol:

Bottom line, though: If you collaborate or cooperate with the HLP, you're just as bad as they are.

JIHAD!!! :evil:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Btw, the real host URL is

http://excalibur-designs.com/gaming/arrakisawakening/

Have a look at their top/portal page:

http://excalibur-designs.com/

Yet another "Vintage Web Design Atelier"?

Recognizing a theme here, too?

(Btw, were all the forums protected? I didn't notice when I first looked at the page....)

Edit: Bingo.

That guiding-light site from last week appears to be IC's. ;)

Mystery solved. (Yawn)

Next!
Irulan Corrino

Post by Irulan Corrino »

LOL You guys could just ask me, I -am- here..well...at times. :P

Let me clarify (or confirm) in some cases, what has already been said:
It would appear that Irulan Corrino has started up a new version of Arrakis Awakening.
Not so much 'new' as it is 'moved'. Got tired of InvisionFree, and decided to spruce up the look. We are still the same RPG board, just got a 'makeover', so to speak. The CO.NR should be familiar, it is a very popular Free URL redirect service.

I notice that she's also sporting this banner in her sig over on DN
Thanks for noticing. Apparently Arrakeen is returning to the WWW, so I'm showing my support. :)

Hybitch and some other website are using a similar banner for their sites?
I'm flattered that my graphics are liked; it's a good feeling. ;) I made a whole bunch of Dune themed banners recently -- if you guys wish some for TAU or JACURUTU, all you have to do is let me know.

She doesn't deserve Fantomas.
Yes, he registered at the RPG board, but haven't heard a peep from him. I hope he didn't freak out on the account of what the board is about; it's not a Dune discussion venue but a place to role play. I'm thinking maybe he did not realise this and most likely ended up there simply by clicking my banner sig on the DN forum. :lol:

Remains to be seen. She's spouting the same kind of PC bullshit over on DN as Hyppocritia.

And she's Canadian!

It all makes me want to hug someone.... Rolling Eyes

I forgot to add a poll question I was thinking about. Something along the lines of

H.I.H. Irulan C. has a new forum! How long do you think she can go without fucking this one up?

- One Week
- A Fortnight
- One Month
- Three Months
- Less than any of the above
- Other

After all, that free redirect URL is perfect for web doofusses as long as they keep regular/full backups (evidently not her strong suit, though): if they fuck up one installation, they can slap up another one and just reset the redirect.

"Did the board go down (again)?"
"No, was just a little glitch...."

I wonder if it was actually her with the Arrakeen stuff came up last week? Or if she and Hyppo are working together.

Ah, questions questions questions! It's SUCH an exciting time to be alive! Laughing

Bottom line, though: If you collaborate or cooperate with the HLP, you're just as bad as they are.

JIHAD!!! Evil or Very Mad
*Chuckles* SandChigger, I see tolerance is not your strong suit. However, unlike Hypatia, I do not intent to get into any sort of verbal conflict with you. You can say what you wish, but really - it's water down my back because I would have to care about your opinion for it to matter...to me. Now, I have no argument with you guys, any of you.

I made a mistake once, which some of you have sought to replay verbally for your private amusement - whatever floats your boat. I'm already heading down another path, doing something bigger, better, and far more gratifying than the last thing I did. ;)

Btw, for the sake of statistics - Arrakeen Awakening has been around for just over 2 years now.

I would like to know exactly how it is that I'm 'collaborating' (or cooperating) with HLP? I'm smirking at that one, mildly amused. I guess because I'm attempting not to douse people with verbal toxic waste I must now be seen as a nuDune sympathizer. *chuckles* Well, think what you wish. I know what I know, that's really all that matters. However, I will tell you this:

I have no quarrel with any of you, despite some of the rudeness that was tossed in my direction during the past few years that I've been a member of your forum here (and back on Arrakeen). If you have any questions for me, you can just ask me outright, and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

I realize that you may not like my methods, my hairstyle, or the fact that I didn't do backups 2 years ago - but truly, those are rather puerile reasons for disliking someone you know only from various conjectures.

The bottom line is, I will always prefer Canon Dune over anything new; but I really do get tired of falling asleep reading various replays of self-appointed orthodox Herbertarian vigilantes. Really. It -does- get old. But you seem to enjoy beating a dead horse, so ...continue. :)

At any rate, I hope I haven't offended anyone (in general) and if I have, well ...I'll live with it. Your dislike or disapproval of me (if such exists)...is of supreme indifference, to me.

And that is all I have to say, about that. ;)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mwwwha!

Apparently Arrakeen is returning to the WWW
That'll be the day. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

LOL :)
Oh gawd, if her post were any more of an internet cliche, one could actually label it as "high camp"!
Just look at those cliches; they're all there, in one mighty post...
I don't care
Yet she's posting, which means she does care
verbal toxic waste
I believe dat's wot does innernet folk call "flaming"
rudeness that was tossed in my direction
That's twice...
rather puerile reasons
That's three times...
I hope I haven't offended anyone
Oh no. Not at all. Why should I be offended? ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Your dislike or disapproval of me (if such exists)...is of supreme indifference, to me.
Oh, this one is the cherry on top. And it calls for a lolcat!

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

better screencap that afore she effs it up again ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Quick, people might see something! Batten down the hatches! :lol:
HIH I.C. wrote:You guys could just ask me, I -am- here..well...at times.
I was just going to ask why you have all your forums closed to outside viewing, and now I see you've closed off the member list as well!

Sniff, sniff? Is that a whiff of siege mentality I detect? Ask Sister Hyppo how well that works. :lol:

OK, back to beating Mr Ed.... ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

:beat dead horse:

yah, mule ! yah !

stand up ! you bastard !

search ! search, I say !

yah !
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Man, you guys are harsh.

Be excellent to each other.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: Poor cow, all she did was reopen her site.

Why are all the forums protected? That's really off-putting, like Irulan doesn't want anyone to see what's going on because it's too embarrassing.

Why are they all protected, Irulan?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I have no idea what all the Irulan bashing is about.. I don't want to know.

I also wonder why an RP site would have all the forums protected. Most people want to know a little about a forum before joining, lurking allows people to see if they'll be a good fit.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you know what ? given the kinda bullshit I'm liable to
pull, and what's been going on across the boards, I don't
blame her. There's some bad apples in this bunch. :oops:

I'm gonna go have a little talk with Jesus,
tell him all about my sorrows.....
ImageImage

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol.. if you really wanted to cause trouble, you'd just join the site.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

oh believe me, I've already had a look-see.

I've got horrible impulse-control. Half the stuff I throw out across
the internet I immediately regret. I'm trying to work on that.
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:oh believe me, I've already had a look-see.

I've got horrible impulse-control. Half the stuff I throw out across
the internet I immediately regret. I'm trying to work on that.
I used to have that problem too. I started re-reading my posts before hitting the submit button... and stopped posting while drunk. Well, most of the time.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:Man, you guys are harsh.

Mandy wrote:I have no idea what all the Irulan bashing is about.. I don't want to know.
I just asked a question and then basically got told off. So I pointed out the obvious.
Personally, I thought my reply was an appropriate proportional response, but your mileage may vary :)

I'm hoping people will eventually learn to direct their grievances appropriately rather than indicting everyone here at Jacurutu by default. But until then, en garde! :wink: :P
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:... and stopped posting while drunk.
There's been two times in my life that I can remember having major, legitimate, wish-I-could-take-it-back, why-did-I-post-that? moments on the interwebs ... and both times I was drunk and angry when I posted.

It took two times, but the lesson is learned. No keyboards while drinking.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

GamePlayer wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Man, you guys are harsh.

Mandy wrote:I have no idea what all the Irulan bashing is about.. I don't want to know.
I just asked a question and then basically got told off. So I pointed out the obvious.
Personally, I thought my reply was an appropriate proportional response, but your mileage may vary :)

I'm hoping people will eventually learn to direct their grievances appropriately rather than indicting everyone here at Jacurutu by default. But until then, en garde! :wink: :P
She offered her banners to anyone who wants to use them, and you call that getting told off? My 80 yr old grandma can tell people off a lot better than that. :) Other than that, I think she was pretty specifically going after the Chigger.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Mandy wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:I just asked a question and then basically got told off. So I pointed out the obvious.

She offered her banners to anyone who wants to use them, and you call that getting told off? My 80 yr old grandma can tell people off a lot better than that. :) Other than that, I think she was pretty specifically going after the Chigger.
O RLY? :)
Now, I have no argument with you guys, any of you
At any rate, I hope I haven't offended anyone (in general) and if I have, well ...I'll live with it. Your dislike or disapproval of me (if such exists)...is of supreme indifference, to me.
Yep, sure sounds "specific" to me :)

She was being patronizing, petulant and insulting. If I acted that way, I wouldn't blame anyone for pulling a lolcat on me. But apparently a lolcat is considered "harsh" treatment here. On noes indeed! :)

I'm also getting a vibe that another issue is just below the surface here, so I would kindly remind you to review the simon incident and gain some perspective. As Freak-Z has said, people should think more about their posts before pressing submit. You paint everyone with the same brush, don't cry foul when someone steals it and beats you with the handle. :)

I don't give a shit about what anyone else does when visiting other sites/blogs/forums. Your dirt is your business; that's how the net works. But if your critics and enemies intend to join Jacurutu to indict the whole community with trash talk, I'll defend myself most effectively, I assure you. :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:Why are all the forums protected? That's really off-putting, like Irulan doesn't want anyone to see what's going on because it's too embarrassing.
Ah, so I'm not the only one that immediately thought that as well. ;)

Anyway, Kevin has posted something stupid on his blawg, so this kill-time stuff is no longer interesting. :P