Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

You forgot to tell us how many years after Duncan escaped that took place. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I'd like to echo what Seraphan said.

"Being leader of both the Bene Gesserit and the Honored Matres had not been easy"

But did you mean the above to be in the past tense, or maybe I'm missing tne point.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D

One thing I hated about Grunters was how there still seemed to be so many HMs who hadn't converted yet and how violent the "New Sisterhood" was.

The BG were to absorb the HM, let them "pass through" in a sense, and when the HM were gone, only the BG would remain. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote::D

One thing I hated about Grunters was how there still seemed to be so many HMs who hadn't converted yet and how violent the "New Sisterhood" was.

The BG were to absorb the HM, let them "pass through" in a sense, and when the HM were gone, only the BG would remain. ;)
That's quite the lesbian innuendo you got there ;)
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Spleefmistress

Post by Spleefmistress »

So glad everyone liked it.

Duncan and Sheeana escaped in 15,240 AG according to the Timeline, so this is set 5 years after.

Yes, I was always bothered by how it was so difficult for the HM to be with the BG. One scene from Grunters stands out in my memory... where the BG and HM youngsters get into a fight, and a girl (I can't remember if she was BG or HM and I don't care) had her eyes gouged out and she was clawing the air.

I got to thinking. The HM love power. In Heretics, Odrade is with the Supreme Matre, and she was given poison. However, like any BG, Odrade metabolized the poison to the surprise and envy of the Matre. This is what inspired my story. I mean, if the BG dangled a juicy carrot in front of the HM, then the HM would take the bait. Thus, Bri-Bri and Kevin's "interpretation" of the merging of the BG and HM is complete BS. This is why five years after Duncan escaped, I decided to have this conflict resolved.

So there we go! :D

Any suggestions on what I could write next?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Spleefmistress wrote:So glad everyone liked it.

Duncan and Sheeana escaped in 15,240 AG according to the Timeline, so this is set 5 years after.

Yes, I was always bothered by how it was so difficult for the HM to be with the BG. One scene from Grunters stands out in my memory... where the BG and HM youngsters get into a fight, and a girl (I can't remember if she was BG or HM and I don't care) had her eyes gouged out and she was clawing the air.

I got to thinking. The HM love power. In Heretics, Odrade is with the Supreme Matre, and she was given poison. However, like any BG, Odrade metabolized the poison to the surprise and envy of the Matre. This is what inspired my story. I mean, if the BG dangled a juicy carrot in front of the HM, then the HM would take the bait. Thus, Bri-Bri and Kevin's "interpretation" of the merging of the BG and HM is complete BS. This is why five years after Duncan escaped, I decided to have this conflict resolved.

So there we go! :D

Any suggestions on what I could write next?
I just want to comment on that scene, a great one. I think GHM knew of the BG ability to metabolize poisons and perhaps this one was new and had been told it would work. BG immunity to disease is one of things the HM were seeking in the Old Empire, the secrets of the ancients.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Schu wrote:The kinky sex is why I like Heinlein so much :P
I think the Aussie actually meant..."kinky sex is why I like Heineken so much."
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
Sole Man

On inhumanity

Post by Sole Man »

Spleefmistress wrote:Also, that passage refers to how Leto has sacrificed his humanity, knowing that many people will hate him later on.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG IS SACRIFICING YOUR HUMANITY!

It never got anybody anywhere anyway. Fucking Humanity, I hate it so...
Schu

Post by Schu »

Bijaz wrote:
Schu wrote:The kinky sex is why I like Heinlein so much :P
I think the Aussie actually meant..."kinky sex is why I like Heineken so much."
I don't like Heineken much, give me a good Augustiner anyday over that.

Baracka - you'd probably be even more taken aback with Time Enough for Love
EsperandoAGodot

Post by EsperandoAGodot »

What's interesting about the idea that they have a sexual relationship is the suggestion that Leto is just so alien that he can't be with anyone else.

'Course I'm giving the author the benefit of the doubt that he's not just writing typical fanfic.
DUNE - Chronicles of the Imperium
A free-form, forum based RPG
http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_war ... 346/p1/?11
Launched and ready to fire.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(She. The author is a she. ;) )
EsperandoAGodot

Post by EsperandoAGodot »

Whoops. Oh well. It's not like most writers of slash/incest fanfic aren't women anyway. I'm interested to read the rest of the stuff, though.
DUNE - Chronicles of the Imperium
A free-form, forum based RPG
http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_war ... 346/p1/?11
Launched and ready to fire.
Schu

Post by Schu »

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

THE GOLDEN PATH is eeeeew!

Don't highlight any of that shit I just wrote if you value sanity.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

SandRider wrote:preborn with access to Male Other Memory ?
I guess that never stuck in my mind ....
how do you think the baron was able to take over Alia... if she didnt have access to male other memory then the memory self of the baron wouldnt have been able to take over
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

HOW CAN YOU HAVE MORE PUDDING IF YOU DOESN'T EAT THE FEESH?!

:shock:

(Who said that?)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Pink Floyd ?

You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat ...
HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU WON'T EAT YOUR MEAT ?

{Russell !}
{You ! Yes, YOU !}
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

{Lady?}
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Well I just read both of your stories, Mistress.

Both of them seem more like quick portraits, rather than chapters. With the exception of the twin-love (ew), nothing really happens. Murbella just stands there thinking about things. But it's similar to Herbert in that both stories are very much inside of the characters' heads.

As for continuing Memories of Dune {MoD}, here's what I suggest... I'm just finishing a re-reading of Heretics, and will likely move on to a second reading of Chapterhouse rather soon. I can see already that Frank was definitely building up to something crazy, and it definitely differed from Cunters and Sadworms. It seems to me that the story arc that Duncan, Teg, Sheeana, and Murbella were facing was the gradual understanding of Leto's grand design. I think you should focus on that. I also feel like Frank was about to bring back some classic characters from Scytale's nullentropy tube, which is something the new authors sucked at.

But hey, mistress, if you like to get off to Dune erotica, I could hook you up with some kinky scenarios. You think any of the Duncans never got crazy with an entire legion of Fish Speakers? Think again!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Schu

Post by Schu »

Drunken Idaho wrote:But hey, mistress, if you like to get off to Dune erotica, I could hook you up with some kinky scenarios. You think any of the Duncans never got crazy with an entire legion of Fish Speakers? Think again!
Not to mention what they did with each other! And that Sheanna is a bit of a tart.
Spleefmistress

Post by Spleefmistress »

Drunken Idaho, I love your icon. Same goes to the guy who had the burning Sandworms book for his icon.

Your crit was spot-on. Portraits was the feeling I was going for. I have no intention to write a full-fledged Dune fanfic, hence me "drabbling". Your comment about the thoughts made me think. Perhaps for my Memories of Dune I will try to make a few drabbles action/dialog oriented, but no promises there as like I said before, this isn't a traditional full-fledged fanfic.

I appreciate the time and thought you put in your critique.

I have already edited Memories of Dune (before you critted me) because I was excited after I finished it and posted it immediately - hot off the press - before i left for work. Normally I wait a few days after I finish something so I can edit and post. I plan to post the edited MoD soon.

Scytale's nullentropy tube is something I definitely plan to work with. I was thinking that a few select gholas could have been made, without the purpose of waking their memories. I think that what Frank intended was that these gholas were not to be 'awakened' and given a chance to lead normal lives. Now, Frank might have had something different in mind, but almost anything anyone could have written about the gholas would be better than what Bri Bri and Kev did.

I was also thinking that instead of having Serena Butler in her OM (one of the biggest WTF moments in Sandworms) Siona should be the one talking to Sheeana. And perhaps a Duncan Idaho or two, since several Duncans were mated to the Atreides line by Leto II.

The Golden Path will definitely count into MoD. I am not sure who or what the Other Enemy should be. But it definitely won't be Omnius or Erasmus, that's for fucking sure.

I hope all these ideas sound good to you.

As for more Dune erotica? Well, that's a fine idea with the orgy right there, but I honestly have no intentions of writing more erotica. Whispers of the Golden Path was inspired by the Children of Dune movie, I know in the book there was no incest , implied or otherwise, between the twins.
Spleefmistress

Re: A Simple Fanfic and a (Hopefully) Marvelous Idea

Post by Spleefmistress »

Wrote two more installments for the Memories of Dune drabble collection.

Siona in 13,953 AG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4760273/2/Memories_of_Dune" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GIlbertus Albans (and I mean the REAL GA, not the ward of Erasmus) in 1231 AG http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4760273/3/Memories_of_Dune" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
The Yawning Chasm Beyond the End of All Things
The One Who Sings the Song that will End the Earth
The Nezperdian Hivemind that endlessly buzzes and whispers in my brain
He who Waits Behind The Wall... ZALGO!
SandRider
Watermaster

Re: A Simple Fanfic and a (Hopefully) Marvelous Idea

Post by SandRider »

shoulda been here for the Dune Fiction Contest ..... :doh:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008