Those ALIEN Roads

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

GamePlayer wrote:No he isn't. Byron might be many things, but he has no reason to be afraid of her. Hybitch might be an asshole, but she's on a leash there the same as everyone else. All Byron has to do is tighten it and she's gone (and she knows it).
I'll defer to your judgement on this, as you have been an observer for longer than I. But that little wimpy "Duly noted." response sounded like an abused husband to me. I got a mental image of Hyppo storming out of the kitchen in bathrobe & rollers, wielding a rolling pin.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandRider wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:No he isn't. Byron might be many things, but he has no reason to be afraid of her. Hybitch might be an asshole, but she's on a leash there the same as everyone else. All Byron has to do is tighten it and she's gone (and she knows it).
I'll defer to your judgement on this, as you have been an observer for longer than I. But that little wimpy "Duly noted." response sounded like an abused husband to me. I got a mental image of Hyppo storming out of the kitchen in bathrobe & rollers, wielding a rolling pin.
A truly horrifying image.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:If I'm reading that nested-quote ziggarut correctly ... she's actually correct.
Banned! for even thinking she could be right about anything!

Whoops, wrong thread.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Christsakes ... I just got Rick-rolled and banned in the last two posts! :shock:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

rolled where ? I missed that ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:If I'm reading that nested-quote ziggarut correctly ... she's actually correct. Sort of.
Could just be random hit-n-miss. She's still a sanctimonious bitch.

Right, GP, either she's needing a fix (and we're giving it to her now ;) ) ... or the guy who's been pounding her pershwanky for the last month or two got tired of her and walked out ... or got tired of her lip and knocked her glasses off and she threw him out. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

FYI, I googled "pershwanky" and only got one hit ... another post of yours in T(A)U.

But I think I can figure out the meaning from context.

HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Isn't it amazing how much we figure out just from context? :D

HEY, BYRON, DID YA GET THAT? READING IN CONTEXT. WHAT THIS THREAD IS ALL ABOUT!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Tleszer wrote:Well, who wouldn't be scared of a hulking pussy (cat)?
Comments

Other users have left no comments for Hypatia.

Friends

There are no friends to display.
;)
loremaster

Post by loremaster »

Hahaha.

Well i was certainly labouring under some delusions about worms.

Bugger them then, they can be carbon based or whatsoever it is they like.

Bastards.

Seriously though, thanks guys, got some new things to go and think about now.
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!
Schu

Post by Schu »

Man, I never realised Hypatia was so despised...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

She wasn't always.

I never particularly liked her, but it was possible to coexist if you overlooked her anal-retentive insistence on a strict adherence to rules and her smarmy political correctness.

I really started to hate her when she stupidly let arnoldo join 'Keen (she had to be clueless to the point of comatose on that one) and chose to sacrifice the entire board just to ensure his "right" to troll there.

Arrakeen has been closed down "for a skin upgrade" for ... how long is it now? A year already? Almost a year? It's painfully obvious that she is keeping it closed to the public out of spite, because even an inept bitch like her should have been able to make a new theme by now. (It's also been suggested that she has fucked up the database or the board layout so badly that she can't repair it and is embarrassed to let anyone find out.) Either way, it's gotten to the point that—how does that go again?—if she were on fire I wouldn't piss on her to put her out.

I'm thinking someone's going to have to make a roadtrip up to Red Deer one of these days and shoot her.

With a camera. And post the pix here. :twisted:

Then we'll know once and for all whether she's the blimped out pizza-snarfing sow whose weight has blown out her knees (as Chanilover believes) or just a scrawny-assed poor white trash wreck hobbling around with a cane because of nutritional deficiencies when she was growing up (my personal pet theory). :lol:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Schu wrote:Man, I never realised Hypatia was so despised...
I only dislike her, but it's not like there's anything good to say about her anyway :)
But you missed out on the whole Hybitch affair. After I warned her Arrakeen was in trouble, I left and not long after the website took it's final dive off the cliff. Then the cross-website drama began, mostly driven by Hybitch's wretched personality, but I won't excuse many of the others here that left their civility in Arrakeen's grave.

After that it became a running fire fight for months. It wasn't pretty and I was surprised it went on as long as it did. Hybitch lost, but really, she was fighting a losing battle the moment Arrakeen died. It was her responsibility, she fucked it up and then refused to learn from the mistakes.

The whole affair wasn't pretty, but then again, nothing is when you're dealing with Hybitch :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Almost everyone enjoys a little internet drama now and then. :)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandRider wrote:
Over There » For Lovers of Classic Dune Only » Chapter House Dune finale //today
Merritt wrote:
Hypatia wrote:
Merritt wrote:
murmur wrote:
Merritt wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It might interest you to know, too, that there are face dancer enemies in Hunters and Sandworms. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hehe, so basically what you're saying is, I should read them, because I'm rushing to conclusions?
No. You should probably do whatever you think is right for you. Just wanted you to be aware that there are elements that many anti-fans left out of their "toastings" of the sequels.
Byron, WTF is an "anti-fan"? That's as nonsensical as calling us "Talifans."

You can't possibly claim that people who don't like the pre/sequels are anti-Frank Herbert, or anti-Dune. We are anything BUT "anti-fans."

But if you mean that we're "anti-pre/sequels written by KJA/BH for too many reasons to go into here," that would be more accurate.

If you're going to describe people in insulting terms, please get your terms correct.

Duly noted.
Oh. My. G-d.
Why does that creature use the word "we"? Who does she think she's speaking on behalf of? No one wants anything to do with that rancid piece of shit.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Mandy wrote:Almost everyone enjoys a little internet drama now and then. :)
Hyppo-gate was excellent value as far as internet drama goes.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:Why does that creature use the word "we"? Who does she think she's speaking on behalf of? No one wants anything to do with that rancid piece of shit.
It's either the Royal We or "people who don't like the pre/sequels".

Or maybe she speaks for Earth? :lol:
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:
chanilover wrote:Why does that creature use the word "we"? Who does she think she's speaking on behalf of? No one wants anything to do with that rancid piece of shit.
It's either the Royal We or "people who don't like the pre/sequels".

Or maybe she speaks for Earth? :lol:
Or for the mutated pubes she carries. I hear they're evil :shock:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

katee84 wrote:
arnoldo wrote:
katee84 wrote:. . . I say Leto was absolutely not referring to an alleged machine city, nor was he referring to an "alien", non-human lifeform . . .
Well the possibility of alien, non-human lifeforms is mentioned as a possibility in the following quote. . .
They were undoubtedly sincere in subscribing to the argument that nuclear weapons were a reserve held for one purpose: defense of humankind should a threatening "other intelligence" ever be encountered.
~CoD
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that in the quote, Leto is speaking from Other Memory, and that "alien roads" does not imply "alien civilizations". Leto has no Other Memory of "alien civilizations" because they do not exist in Dune. Leto is not seeing a "machine city" as the boardadmin has stated, but not explained.

From his Other Memory of those who formed the Great Convention, Leto would have knowledge of the potential or fear of "alien civilizations", but this has nothing to do with the conversation he had with Moneo.
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Someone's wasting their time.... :roll:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

seems little Katee is taking a different tact in dealing with Arnie :
katee84 wrote:
Arnoldo wrote:Yet Feyd and the Baron had a deep distrust of each other. Feyd very nearly succeeds in assassinating the Baron when Feyd arranges a slave to kill the Baron; which would’ve succeeded hadn’t Thufir alerted the Baron. After his plan is discovered Feyd fears for his very life however the Baron convinces Feyd not to try to kill him - - for the he will one day assist Feyd to become Emperor. Behind all of these plans one has to wonder if Thufir is merely plotting to use the Harkonens to get his revenge against the Emperor.
Okay, but what about this :
Paul glanced at the crysknife. There was no shearing guard; only the slim round ring of the handle with its raised lip to protect the hand. And even so, he realized that he did not know the breaking tension of this blade, did not even know if it could be broken.
ImageImage

EsperandoAGodot

Post by EsperandoAGodot »

He...didn't know whether a crysknife could break...

...doesn't he know very well that they can...um..."chip and shatter"?
DUNE - Chronicles of the Imperium
A free-form, forum based RPG
http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_war ... 346/p1/?11
Launched and ready to fire.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

EsperandoAGodot wrote:He...didn't know whether a crysknife could break...

...doesn't he know very well that they can...um..."chip and shatter"?
It is wished it will chip and shatter. That doesn't necessarily means it can.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Isn't that quote from Paul's fight with Jamis? He wouldn't have known much about Crysknifes at that point.