SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandRider wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandRider wrote:
Bel Moulay wrote:
Now after a year I'm going to re-read the first Dune and go from there to Sandworms. In all honesty all 3 of the triology books were good but so far I'm stumped between Battle of Corrin and The Machine Crusade.
This poor dumb fucker says he's going to read Sandworms next. (not even Hunters)
i think he means re-reading Dune and reading through the series to Chapterhouse then the retards-r-us conclusion. at any rate, his love for the legends trilogy discounts any credibility he gets for wanting to re-read dune.
nosir, somewhere in this mess of twisted threads is the quote from
Over There - he says he read Dune & Dune Messiah, then Legends.
And that is where he is at now. I asked Simon to defend that,
seeing as how he thinks the new books are 'harmless' - it's already
fucked this guy up beyond redemption.
someone take his water and pour it on the sand
sometime before,Bel Moulay wrote:I dont think I have the authority to vote on this poll considering that I haven't read all of the prequils. About an hour ago I finally finished the Legends Triology and I was extremely impressed. I also liked how they deepend my view and outlook on the Duniverse. Prior to reading them I've only read Dune and Dune Messiah and I still didn't fully grasp the importance of the Guild and Melange until a year later (a month ago) I picked up The Butlerian Jihad and I seriously couldn't put either of the 3 down! Now after a year I'm going to re-read the first Dune and go from there to Sandworms. In all honesty all 3 of the triology books were good but so far I'm stumped between Battle of Corrin and The Machine Crusade.
today,Bel Moulay wrote:In each and every original Dune book Dune's universe is constantly changing so it's really hard for me to choose just one aspect I liked most. Overall I liked reading and learning about the original Fremen way of life and how they conserve every molecule of moisture they can scavenge. I feel like I've had a connection with the Fremen I know what it's like living in a harsh climate since I live in a frying pan called Arizona lol.

What I liked most was how emotional the conflicts were with Duncan Idaho like in GEoD towards the end of the book when Hwi Noree leaves him to marry Leto II and even when Duncan comes in contact with a family formed by the other Duncan. I liked how deep the Hayt awakening was by Bijaz in Dune Messiah and how emotional it got when Bashar Teg did it in HoD.
I hate this bitch. Pick a story & stick with it.
{boot to the head}
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

This level of inconsistency is usually reserved for the hack twins.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Maybe, during the time between the posts she could have read from CoD to HoD.

Do you have the dates?
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I'd laugh if the posts were actually anachronistic :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:Maybe, during the time between the posts she could have read from CoD to HoD.

Do you have the dates?
both within the last month - Bel Moulay joined up Over There
in late August of this year. But several things point to a retread-pretard,
someone who had posted before and is again with a different username,
like Murbella MC.

Again tho, to be fair (tho I'm not sure why), I don't think Bel Moulay is
a native English speaker, so all that must be taken into account.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I read the first four original novels around the time of the Lynch movie, the next two as they came out in PB in Australia. Read the House trilogy, started BJ but couldn't finish it, and didn't read the other two in that series.

Read Hunters and Sandworms after SoD came out in PB, and was appalled. Vented here in numerous threads, at length.

Have not, and will not, read any more. What I read was shit, and I'm assuming that any forthcoming novel will also be shit. To be fair, I'm not going to make any negative statements about books I haven't read.

HBJ