What do you Fedaykin think of this?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

pathjumper

What do you Fedaykin think of this?

Post by pathjumper »

http://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenPath The details are in the right-hand sidebar.

Just because it is mostly a sole URL post does not mean I am a spam bot, by the way.
SandRider
Watermaster

Re: What do you Fedaykin think of this?

Post by SandRider »

first off, no-one here is Fedaykin ... we are Iduali, the Cast-Out, the Water-Stealers ...
we're the ones who pumped the blind offworlder full of drugs and covered him in pussy & fig tarts ...

reddit is the not the stupidest fucking useless thing on the net, it's somewhere behind the twitting-thing
and James C. Harwood CyberFantasyLife blaghs ... and the page you linked to is not full of the most
fucktarded comments I've read today, but it's right up there with the Stormfront NeoNazis arguing
about which gang of Northern European Barbarians was the True Lost Tribe of Israel and the pedofucks
drooling over a toddler in a plastic pool on YouTube ....

and no, you are not a spam-bot; a spam-bot is an automated program that drops links in random places ....
you willfully gooooogled "Golden Path", found this sietch, and willfully posted the link to a horseshit maggot-
filled "website", aiming the link directly at the page you yourself created ....

so that makes you a "shitheel" ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Is the Internet our Arrakis? (self.GoldenPath)
submitted 12 days ago by JokeOfAllTrades
A wasteland of information only navigable by its rightful masters?
Is information our spice, the precious commodity that controls all political relationships?
If so, who are our Fremen, and can they free the flow of information by simultaneously threatening to destroy it?
8 comments
[–]Sysiphuslove 2 points 12 days ago
free the flow of information by simultaneously threatening to destroy it
Not yet. It will happen with the next iteration of the Internet, I think.
We're still in the basement on this thing: it has barely happened yet, and as much as the Internet has changed the world already I think our society and possibly a lot about our world will be unrecognizable in a hundred years or so. For the better, I hope, if we can stave off the profiteers who would rope it down like Gulliver in the land of the small-minded.
[–]AerialAmphibian 3 points 12 days ago
I wonder how this quote would translate in the context of your analogy?
We Fremen have a saying: "God created Arrakis to train the faithful." One cannot go against the word of God.
[–]Sysiphuslove 2 points 12 days ago
Translates just as well to the real world, I think: truths are hidden in the midst of the muck. There's a lot of muck, but the faithful will find the truth.
[–]pathjumper 2 points 12 days ago
Perhaps, but more importantly, those that can destroy a thing, control the thing. The story is older than Dune, by far, actually.
[–]errandwolfe 3 points 12 days ago
Going with your own analogy... What then would a sandworm be? Google? A massive behemoth that devours everything it encounters.
[–]ZorbaTHut 1 point 10 days ago
4chan
[–]errandwolfe 3 points 9 days ago
I figured 4chan was more like Geidi Prime. Sticky, oily, and populated by fat men with bad skin conditions.
[–][deleted] 12 days ago
[deleted]
[–]JokeOfAllTrades 2 points 12 days ago
Only after several years of training.

Get the FUCK off my yard !

ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

no, wait .... this is my new favorite wingnut ....
This is the official stated purpose of http://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenPath/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (as with all science, subject to revision) (self.GoldenPath)

submitted 3 months ago by pathjumper [M]

While this subreddit's title is obviously a dune-reference, the purpose (this is not a joke) to:
Set all Earth's humanity - or at least construct a society - wherein its constituents are all on a path that will lead us to an planet so prosperous due to a healthy, well fed, well informed, well educated, productive populace, that we figure out how feed everyone, cure most diseases, and then colonize other planets without destroying this one.
I am not kidding.
I am not exaggerating.

If that's not exciting enough for you (because I really do think it's possible), then...uh...what would it take to excite you? That's not a rhetorical question.

We're all made of star dust, now let's get back out there and explore this universe thing. We have to take care of this place, first though. It's not just the "last" frontier, it's literally the biggest by every measure, we should be out there, not fighting amongst ourselves for scraps of imaginary wealth, and wrecking the planet we live on. Hell, if you want real wealth most of it (in the form of matter) isn't on earth anyway.

Right now Earth is horribly oppressed all over the world, and the people oppressed are completely unaware with alarming frequency. That has to end before we can get off this rock.

If we want all humanity to be rich, we first need to work all together and get off this resource-restricting rock. There's plenty out there. For everyone. Cheap solar energy, cheap transportation (once you're established in space), cheap water, cheap gasses. It's all just waiting out there for us to get off our water-ball ball and figure out how to utilize it. And since it would be best if we all worked together, I want everyone's health, welfare, well being, and education seen to first. After that, the problem almost solves itself if we can all work together through the internet.

That is my vision of humanity's Golden Path. And the reason I'm trying is I honestly think we can do it. Besides, I'm sure we'd learn a tremendous amount by trying, even if we somehow fail. Now won't you please help me figure out how?

I need humanity's best minds, if you know some, send them here, please. All of them.
The primary aims in approximate order from vital to necessary:

Stop wrecking the planet before it wrecks us back.

Provide clean drinking water to all of humanity.

Provide good food to all of humanity.

Provide basic housing to all of humanity.

Provide sufficient healthcare to all of humanity.

Provide the best education we can, unencumbered by dogma and agenda bias, including instruction on logic, critical thinking, and memory improvement to all of humanity.

Provide unrestricted access to information, particularly internet access to 100% of humanity.

Colonize other planets together.

Step Zero:

Stop polluting the planet. The environmental changes are going to kill us all. Burning fossil fuels is going to kill us all. The planet is a much bigger, much stronger force than all us puny humans. But over a long enough timeline we can affect drastic changes to it. To the point that we could change it to the point where it would literally kill us.
First One: Fix Earth.
First sub-step of the first step: Project Golden Water. The project to provide clean drinking water to 100% of humanity.
First sub-step parallel step: Project Golden Mind. The project to harness all mankind's intelligence to find the best solutions to everything.
First sub-step parallel step: Project Golden Morals. The project to keep everyone honest, especially the Golden Path itself.
Some other step: Project Golden Family aimed at allowing people to choose when to have children.
Something else we'll need: Project Golden Joules. The pursuit of clean, renewable, affordable energy for all humanity and all its endeavors.
The extremely important Project Golden Light. Free education for all humanity.
and the comments to this sound like the FED2K kids after being out in the meadow eating jimsonweed all day ....
ImageImage

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

It sounds like Harwood's Sci Fi Party platform that he was trying to push last year.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

for a brief second, I thought it might be Charwood out a-trollin' .....

but:

1) Jimmy just ain't that smart ... or brave ...
2) the reddit site is way too complicated for him (see #1, above)
3) pathjumper is hyperactive there, and is in a network ... there are a ton of comments
on his "mission statement" and varied and numerous responses to the threads on his
"Golden Path" page .... Jimmy couldn't manage that many sockpuppets, or have
them speak in such a variety of voices (see #1, above)
4) while mostly marijuana-clouded utopian college sophomore horseshit, tinged with radical
progressive concepts and that are unworkable in the real world (because pathjumper is apparently
not a resident of the real world) and largely a waste of time and breath in a real-politic setting,
there is quite a bit of functioning higher-level intellectual potential in pathjumper's comments
(and, see #1, above)
4a) while patently fucktarded to promote this type of agenda in the real world, it would make an excellent
foundation for "utopian fiction", "Visions of the Future fiction", or even real, hardcore "Science Fiction" ...
(let's see some technical discussion about the devices and innovations needed to move from petro-based
industry to anything else, PJ; let's see some real ideas about massive desalinization programs for the
"Clean Water 4 Everyone !" platform point that doesn't consume such huge amounts of electricity it quickly
becomes unfeasible)(&etc.)(&: see #1, above)
5) Jimmy just ain't that smart ...
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

so where'd this cat go ?

did I "scare him off" .... ?

I dunno ... I realized I don't have a reddit account, anyway ... might be the time to get that one done ...
meh ... if I get really bored this week, I'll stalk this pathjumper around some, see if there is any good entertainment
to be had ...
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'm pretty sure I read this a week ago last Thursday @FED2K ....
Chig? ring any bells?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Economics/comme ... ssary_and/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why I believe fiat currencies are necessary and beneficial, explained in terms of three video games. Diablo II, World of Warcraft, and EVE Online. (self.Economics)
submitted 18 days ago by pathjumper

An example, using Diablo II items

Say there is one high item, a Stone of Jordan, aka, the infamous SOJ or SoJ, or even ESS-SOH-JAY.

You have a vast store of moderately valued items, say they are Wizard's Spikes. Say you have eight of them, and their estimated value is 1/7th of one SOJ (this may not reflect realistic values on any realm, by the way, but bear with me)

You are willing to trade all eight Wizard Spikes, for one SOJ, but no one will deal. Why? There is great demand for SOJs, but nearly an eigth the demand for wizard's spikes, for various reasons.

So even though you are willing to take a loss in perceived value, you cannot get the item you need because there are more factors than just estimated trade value. Namely, demand.
A fix, in World of Warcraft!

Fortunately, Blizzard noticed this, and added a fiat currency in World of Warcraft. You will notice that it does not have a trade issue like this one. Trade flows freely, and if you have the gold, you can get the item. It is a good thing that there is a high-resolution/fine grained fiat currency around to use as an intermediary. Had there been Note that it is the perceived value of gold as an exchange that matters, not the gold itself. It is what the gold can buy you. Not the gold itself. No matter how much you have, you cannot make an item out of it in World of Warcraft. Therefore it is a fiat currency in truth.
A PhD Economist in EVE Online

The only problems are keeping inflation and deflation in check so that the fiat currency is reasonably stable with respect to the value it is intended to represent. In WoW this is accomplished with "gold sinks" and "gold faucets". Examples of gold sinks include repairing gear, auction house fees, etc. Examples of faucets are crafting, killing beasts etc. Every MMO with a fiat currency must manage these system. EVE Online does the same. Except they went so far as to hire a PhD economist to keep watch over their economy! And he issues quarterly reports that every player can access! Good, nerdy stuff.
Coming back to reality

MMOs model the real world in boring ways to make them easy to understand, and fantasy worlds in ways that make them fun. Neither MMO has a major problem with its economy provided a watch is kept over it, and that both inflation and deflation are kept under control. In both games, this control is centralized at Blizzard and CCP, but they must keep the system controlled for the good of the players or else they quit playing the game and then that control over fiat currency does not matter one whit. If you do not play their game, their control does not matter, you can take your particular fiat currency elsewhere. Do I have to mention that both games accept currencies from all over the world? Hell, in EVE there is an easily found pretty strong exchange rate between InterStellar Kredits (ISK) and USD, based on the fact that you can legally buy game time codes, then sell them to other players for ISK. It is not allowed, within the game, to go the other way, though.
Bitcoin, the underdog

This is why there is inherently wrong with any fiat currency (note that this includes bitcoin!) over any other fiat in the world. It is in fact possibly better because the supply is fixed and distributed, everyone is allowed in, there are no fees, and trust is assured through vast computing resources, and it is decentralized, just like torrents, cloud hosting, distributed rendering, etc. We all know that those make the internet work better, so a decentralized fiat currency also makes sense. Especially if it is open source (and it is). Note that I am really not an expert on it as I have only read a little bit about it. Ask someone else who can speak to it better if you want to know more about bitcoin.

Note that I am not condoning it myself, that could land me in prison, I think! I have not researched it enough to see if there are any loopholes or major issues. But really smart people seem to think it is a good thing. I trust really smart people who think a lot more than I do not, and I know as a Computer Scientist that distributed systems are generally more scalable than centralized ones.

tl;dr: Fiat currency is Good™, but only when inflation and deflation are kept in dynamic equilibrium with the value they are intended to represent via faucets and sinks, and the system works for all of its participants equally
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://twitter.com/#!/pathjumper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Path Jumper
@pathjumper Earth
Human being from Earth. Leader (in the most literal sense) of the #GoldenPath: http://bit.ly/gPiC4K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I aim to unite humanity and lead them to the stars.

pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@DuncanBannatyne 23?
21 hours ago
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
This is a little out there, but makes one think, I think: http://bit.ly/mQ1ZPo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
5 Jun
»
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Your representatives want to kill #Medicare to give #tax breaks to the #rich. Fight back here with @USAction bit.ly/lgLRxF #p2
3 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Oh my God, its full of rage! bit.ly/mhqqA9 #USDOR
1 Jun
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@Drudge_Report cut benefits to the poor majority to pay for tax cuts for the rich minority. #AmericaIsNoLongerDemocratic #RuledByWealth
31 May
New Scientist
newscientist New Scientist
by pathjumper
Endeavour docks with the space station for the last time http://bit.ly/lZaJ3l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
31 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@SpeakerBoehner when does #warmaking spending get cut?
31 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Tell Republican extremists in the Senate: Stop attacking Medicare! bit.ly/jomFFd
29 May
Zeinobia
Zeinobia Zeinobia
by pathjumper
Syrian Revolution : Hamza in the heart of Cairo "Updated with Rawafed school bus massacre" egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/05/syrian… via @AddThis
29 May
tony serve
perthtones tony serve
by pathjumper
Pls share/RT RT @JShahryar: Dear @Twitter, stop giving up people's personal info who're using their right t… (cont) http://deck.ly/~hH4d2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
29 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Tell the @StateDept: Stop the Canadian tar-sands pipeline! bit.ly/mNvjMw
28 May
Kenneth Lipp
kennethlipp Kenneth Lipp
by pathjumper
@
@Anon_Support "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." ~OW
28 May
Guardian news
guardiannews Guardian news
by pathjumper
UN warns of food riots in developing world as drought pushes up prices http://gu.com/p/2pd5j/tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
27 May
Liam Fox
Liam_Fox Liam Fox
by pathjumper
Media Ignores #SpanishRevolution As It Turns To #WorldRevolution | Dprogram.net: bit.ly/mEXWC2 via @addthis
27 May
commondreams.org
commondreams commondreams.org
by pathjumper
US Congress Agrees to Extend #PatriotAct http://ow.ly/54E3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #civilliberties
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@stevekimura @tpm Increase debt via #WarMaking -> #CutMedicare to pay for it -> #ThePeople get screwed so that the #USWarlords win. #USDOR
27 May
Steve Kimura
stevekimura Steve Kimura
by pathjumper
McConnell: I Won't Agree To Raise The Debt Limit Without Medicare Cuts tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/mcconn… via @tpm - when is Yertle up?
27 May
Intelwars.com
Intelwar Intelwars.com
by pathjumper
California lawmakers kill measure banning gifts to themselves http://ping.fm/7G4eU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@freakonomics Rarely
27 May
Intelwars.com
Intelwar Intelwars.com
by pathjumper
Graphic video captures Barcelona police beating protesters http://ping.fm/h9kDE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@greenrd That tweet makes no mention of the followers of Judaism. WTF?
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
So #Senators are allowed to #insidertrade and own stocks in #WarDepartment contractors they award money to: bit.ly/kIv2Pn #WTF
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
How to properly tell a #oligopolist (#TimeWarner) that they suck: bit.ly/mGQlET thanks Eugene Mirman! #AmericanHero
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@greenrd what are you replying to?
27 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Classified interpretation of the PATRIOT act that is applicable to #USCitizens? #NotConstitutional http://bit.ly/iTam11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #fixedtweet
26 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Don't Believe AT&T's Fairy Tale: Tell Washington to stop the T-Mobile merger attmobile.savetheinternet.com
26 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Congress considering the Internet Blacklist Bill! Call your lawmakers and tell them to vote no: act.demandprogress.org/act/protect_ip… via @demandprogress
26 May
Anonymous
FreeTheInternet Anonymous
by pathjumper
RT @m_navaneethan R11 The Economist in censorship row over Kashmir map http://nxy.in/twad6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://bit.ly/lnxOFu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #FreeWeb
25 May
Anonymous
by pathjumper
RT @Macksom Tell #G8 #EG8 to Protect the Net! Say NO #censorship; YES to #net neutrality #privacy! Sign... http://bit.ly/lxRceQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #FreeWeb
25 May
Anonymous
by pathjumper
RT @LBurris597 Tell #G8 #EG8 to Protect the Net! Say NO #censorship; YES to #net neutrality #privacy! S... http://bit.ly/kHZlS6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #FreeWeb
25 May
PrivacyMemes
PrivacyMemes PrivacyMemes
by pathjumper
4 Years In, The Facebook Platform Is Much Different http://bit.ly/jlo90W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #privacy
25 May
NABJDigital
NABJDigital NABJDigital
by pathjumper
.@10000Words: 8 #Journalists Who Were Fired for Tweeting, Part 1 http://bit.ly/l3r17q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 May
Paul Ryan
RepPaulRyan Paul Ryan
by pathjumper
The President’s plan is to let a panel of 15 unelected bureaucrats decide what services Medicare will or won't pay for. http://j.mp/iFnmwV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 May
Ghazi Gheblawi
Gheblawi Ghazi Gheblawi
by pathjumper
It might be innocent and naïve but we will not relent to the dark forces of defeatism and passivity and pessimism, no more fear
25 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@bbcscitech BBC #fearmongering continues. What about the environmental disaster that was #DeepwaterHorizon. Have you already forgotten?!
25 May
Ghazi Gheblawi
Gheblawi Ghazi Gheblawi
by pathjumper
The world according to us is not built on fear and dark forces, its a world we believe we can change and build together for the common good
25 May
Jamelle Bouie
jbouie Jamelle Bouie
by pathjumper
President Clinton: "Do we need 11 carrier battlegroups?" No, not really.
25 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@SpeakerBoehner @reppaulryan danger is big business. The solution is to tax the rich, corporations, and cut military spending. #ForThePeople
25 May
Speaker John Boehner
SpeakerBoehner Speaker John Boehner
by pathjumper
.@RepPaulRyan: “We can no longer let politicians in Washington deny the danger to Medicare” http://bit.ly/lO8Zd4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 May
Neil Gaiman
neilhimself Neil Gaiman
by pathjumper
Sitting in front of a computer at home to do an @idolvine remote signing at BEA. In the old days we burned people who did this as warlocks.
25 May
Slate
Slate Slate
by pathjumper
Em dashes—why writers should use them more sparingly. http://slate.me/lrJl7A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #grammar #nerds
25 May
The Bankers
_TheBankers_ The Bankers
by pathjumper
We are the bankers and we give you a purpose, borrow money, do well, borrow more money, do better.
25 May
Liberationtech
Liberationtech Liberationtech
by pathjumper
#Comcast Tweet #Censorship Thwarted http://ow.ly/52nEj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@usedgov so we #GiveBillions to #BigOil but schools have to compete for funding!? #IAmAppalled. #ThisIsShameful
25 May
Brian Whitaker
Brian_Whit Brian Whitaker
by pathjumper
"Why Yemen’s ^(0)revolution matters" by Nadia al-Sakkaf, editor of Yemen Times thehill.com/opinion/op-ed/…
25 May
PhysOrg Science News
physorg_com PhysOrg Science News
by pathjumper
Most complete 3-D map of local universe unveiled http://tw.physorg.com/225445817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
#FacismDemonstrated in #America by #DOJ that issued threat that #blockedvoting in #Texas on #bill that would ban #TSA bit.ly/kujgS8
25 May
Anon News Network
AnonNewsNet Anon News Network
by pathjumper
North #Sudan seizes #Abyei, bringing Sudan once again to brink of #civilwar http://goo.gl/BAZJU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
23 May
WikiLeaksLover
NOH8ER WikiLeaksLover
by pathjumper
While WikiLeaks can dodge bullets, there is no bullet that can dodge WikiLeaks. #KHFacts, #JAFacts, #WLFacts #wikileaks #peace #wlsup
23 May
Mark E. Smith
fubarista Mark E. Smith
by pathjumper
@USDayofRage As long as you remain in favor of reform rather than revolution, you won't get that many followers. Reforms R easily unreformed
22 May
The Eiron
TheEiron The Eiron
by pathjumper
How is it we are not in the streets yet? [Man faces 16 years in prison 4 posting arrest on YouTube] http://uleak.it/?2pd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; v @OkUncut #usdor
22 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Endless war, or end THIS #war? Tell #Congress to end the war in #Afghanistan. bit.ly/mt9rQh via @usaction #topprog
25 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Tell @Orbitz stand by your commitment to the planet. Stop sponsoring @FOXNews climate lies: bit.ly/kiBqee @CREDOMobile
25 May
ReeMain An0Ny
Masta420Chiefa ReeMain An0Ny
by pathjumper
85 per cent of all drugs produced in Afghanistan are shipped out by US aircraft http://uleak.it/?2pv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #CIAdrugs
22 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@iLLVibes There's only one thing I want you to promote: http://bit.ly/jy0XF1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It has nothing to do with music,unfortunately.
21 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
Stop @ATT's takeover of @TMobile! Submit an official public comment to the FCC: http://bit.ly/kVBibT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
I just met @Chauda in the flesh. How cool is that?
20 May
Egbert Sukop
esukop Egbert Sukop
by pathjumper
RT @fantomaster: RT @FreddyAmazin In a thousand years; archeologists will dig up tanning beds and think we Fried people as punishment.
20 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@BriereBear Jesus was Arabic, so he would speak 2011 year old Arabic. He was born in Jerusalem after all.
20 May
Liberationtech
by pathjumper
#Hackers hit Sony again today... Twice http://is.gd/rfJxXM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://is.gd/4dwdf5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #Security #Privacy #Phishing
20 May
Anonymous
Doemela Anonymous
by pathjumper
How To Bypass Turkey Internet Ban & Censorship http://bit.ly/kC4Za1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #anonymous #anonymiss
20 May
CyanideL
CyanideL CyanideL
by pathjumper
#Google Boss: We’ll Fight Anti-Piracy Blocking Laws http://tinyurl.com/6yh4j2l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #PirateParty #Anonymous #Anonymiss
20 May
Greg Mitchell
GregMitch Greg Mitchell
by pathjumper
Bill Maher: A historical first in America -- we put a banker in jail.
20 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@CNN a sad sad day
20 May
NYTimes Health
nytimeshealth NYTimes Health
by pathjumper
National Briefing | WEST: California: Judge Blocks Cap-and-Trade Plan http://nyti.ms/mxLruv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 May
A.Strong
AnonStrong A.Strong
by pathjumper
#Anonymous stream live video of protests in Spain thinq.co.uk/2011/5/20/anon… via @THINQtech #SpanishRevolution
20 May
M. David Peterson
mdavid M. David Peterson
by pathjumper
What's happening in #Wisconsin is complete bullshit. Republicans who claim to understand and love the constitution should be up in arms.
20 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@67_Shadow I imagine they'd fit in a cell just fine. They aren't giants
20 May
Wasp
ArabEmpire Wasp
by pathjumper
RT @anonops_ita\ -#anonymous #anonymiss #anonops #opitaly Italy revolution now!!! please RT #italia #italy http:... http://bit.ly/lSdtqj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 May
The Bankers
_TheBankers_ The Bankers
by pathjumper
Debt will make you commoners more efficient.
20 May
wolf
anonwolf wolf
by pathjumper
WTF is up in #Wisconsin? Getting surreal up there. I really don't think it's a democracy anymore. More like the republic under Palpatine.
20 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@willwilkinson @normative I learned that bankers have it easy. No one else does.
20 May
Will Wilkinson
willwilkinson Will Wilkinson
by pathjumper
@
@normative "Did anyone actually learn anything from Oregon Trail?" I gained valuable cultural capital.
20 May
allen_osuno
allen_osuno allen_osuno
by pathjumper
Now that we got Bin Laden we need 4 more years of the Patriot Act so the cops can kick your door in and drag you to jail
20 May
AnonOps
anonops AnonOps
by pathjumper
YES WE CAMP #spanishrevolution We are with you #spain! YOUNG WORLD REVOLUTION!
20 May
Path Jumper
pathjumper Path Jumper
@
@FreeTheInternet @mnblrmkr so much for free speech
20 May
Laurel L. Russwurm
laurelrusswurm Laurel L. Russwurm
by pathjumper
@lstench Sure. If you watch DVDs, region encoding is DRM.
20 May
Space Update
SpaceUpdating Space Update
by pathjumper
Recommended: Snapshot reveals a black hole's jets http://sns.mx/1Xdoy5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 May
Liberationtech
by pathjumper
Signs of desperate regime | #Syria #security guns down peaceful protesters http://is.gd/RByTDh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://is.gd/qpYm2L" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 May
The Raw Story
RawStory The Raw Story
by pathjumper
Spanish protesters cheer ban on own demonstration. "Now we are all illegal." http://cot.ag/meeSHn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
20 May
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://twitter.com/#!/pathjumper/anonrelated%E2%84%A2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AnonRelated™
People with connections with Anonymous. Could be as weakly as retweeting once.
Path Jumper
A public list
Curated by Path Jumper

RealityCheck US Reality Check
President Obama Speaks Like MLK, Malcolm X: Obama is the nation’s first black and white president. http://bit.ly/jlGzaT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; usnews.com #US
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
US Reality Check
USRealityCheck US Reality Check
Nurses Open Letter to Wisconsinites – Carry on!: Guest post by Jean Ross, RN and Co-Presiden... http://bit.ly/j2qZhM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; prwatch.org #P2 #US
5 minutes ago
Anonymous Watcher
der_bluthund Anonymous Watcher
#Anonymous are the Fifth Estate - they hold the other four estates to account in a more direct way than even Twitter Activists...
11 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Santorum Revamps Presidential Slogan Following ThinkProgress Confrontation: In April, Rick Santorum unvei... http://bit.ly/mwnqex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tp #US
14 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Daily Beast: Syria: 40 Police Killed: Syrian state TV reported 40 policemen dead in an ambush by "ar... http://bit.ly/iIMHws" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tdb #P2 #US
26 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Two Pseudo-States is not a Solution for Israeli Democracy: By Hagai El-Ad The two-state solution... http://bit.ly/mxfV0f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 972Mag #Israel
29 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Family appeal on mother's murder: The family of a Pembrokeshire woman are appealing for help to solve their ... http://bbc.in/k1nVmk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bbc
32 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Netanyahu: Syria provoking Israel to divert attention from internal bloodshed: http://bit.ly/iC9Iox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Haaretz #Israel
38 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Gates Makes the Case Against an Accelerated Afghanistan Withdrawal: With Defense Secretary Robert Gate... http://bit.ly/kg6RYB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; taw #US
39 minutes ago
US Reality Check
Among GOP, Anti-Tax Orthodoxy Runs Deep: The Republican Party once had a home for the thinking ... http://bit.ly/kgAQSm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; commondreams.org
43 minutes ago
US Reality Check
House Dems provide district breakdown of Medicare, Medicaid cuts under GOP plan: Reps. Henry Waxman (D-... http://bit.ly/kMpeup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; dk #P2
47 minutes ago
US Reality Check
John Edwards' Less-Frequent Filing, Golf's Political Drive and More in Capital Eye Opener: June 6: Your d... http://bit.ly/jZfoLm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; os #US
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
Ex-IMF Leader Pleads Not Guilty To Sex Assault: The former International Monetary Fund head charged with... http://n.pr/mtWDud" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; npr #US
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
VP says Saleh will return to Yemen: RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, June 6 (UPI) -- Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh i... http://bit.ly/kRhZYS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
One in four US hackers 'is an FBI informer': The FBI and US secret service have used the threat of prison... http://bit.ly/j4fmgc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tg #US
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
The World from Berlin: Yemen Faces Abyss Despite President's Departure: Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Sal... http://bit.ly/mP7pu7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sp #US
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
Beck: "Your Life Is About To Get More Complex ... The Idea From The Left Is To Make Things Unmanagea... http://bit.ly/l2K58g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; clip #USRC
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
‘Everything is a gotcha question with her.’: MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough mocking Sarah Palin’s defensive swip... http://bit.ly/lICAph" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tp #US
1 hour ago
THANKU4THEANGER
Thanku4theAnger THANKU4THEANGER
Why are NATO bombing the TV building, when they can easily just jam the signal ? #Libya #Feb17
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
Poor Anthony Weiner skips out on Israel Day parade: Poor Anthony Weiner. The recent media hysteria surroun... http://bit.ly/jYPbjD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; s #US
1 hour ago
THANKU4THEANGER
Thanku4theAnger THANKU4THEANGER
Butafliqa you scumbag @afelyun: Yefren Media Group reporting clashes between FF and Algerian soldiers after me… (cont) http://deck.ly/~4j1ng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1 hour ago
US Reality Check
Healthcare workers charged in Bahrain: MANAMA, Bahrain, June 6 (UPI) -- Nearly 50 healthcare workers in Bahrain... http://bit.ly/mFeu37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1 hour ago
Recently Following
This list's most recently followed accounts · view all

anontana
anontana Anonymous Montana · Follow
I am seeking fellow Anonymous individuals who wish to further Anonymous's endeavours in the state of Montana.

a1049
a1049 A;?(t)o?? · Follow
We have failed to change anything with laws and politics, we need to start doing technology instead. -- @telecomix

anonberlin
anonberlin anonberlin · Follow
ANONYMOUS_UK
ANONYMOUS_UK Anonymous UK · Follow
We believe that free speech is non-negotiable, that the quality of an idea outweighs its authorship, and in the radical notion that information should be free.

ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://news.ycombinator.com/threads?id=pathjumper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hacker Newsnew | comments | ask | jobs | submit | pathjumper's comments login

pathjumper 2 hours ago | link | parent | on: Piracy: are we being conned?

I am sure you have thought of this already, but [Alt]+[PrtScn] -> Paste -> print

loup-vaillant 2 hours ago | link

I bet there's no preview. But you may fool the DRM with a virtual printer driver that actually saves a PDF. Maybe…

dc2k08 1 hour ago | link

I think this was it. They also allowed you to change the key of the piece before you printed so this is where a digital score is shown to be superior to a piece of paper but if you want it in every key then they want you to pay them twelve times. No thanks.

jacis 1 hour ago | link

(If you're running Windows) Microsoft's XPS Document Writer is pretty good for this. It results in a .xps file but you can do whatever you want with that afterwards, including PDF conversion.

ovi256 1 hour ago | link

Unfortunately, many pieces are longer so they fit on more than one page. Of course, one motivated enough could still print screen each page. Even easier on a Mac where you can select a rectangle to print screen from with Cmd+Shift+4.

Some software has been developed to prevent print screening. I've also seen the web variant of this, to prevent you from doing right click - Open image in new tab. Used on some of those funny images sharing sites.

slouch 1 hour ago | link

or copy machine

pathjumper 2 hours ago | link | parent | on: Piracy: are we being conned?

That is because, right at its heart, the _universe_ does not respect owning information. Therefore it makes no sense that some subcomponent of the universe, say a person, or other entity could either. Sure, you can own a book on which information is printed, or multiple "copies"; that is, multiple physical books. But to the universe they are not copies, they are discrete physical entities. But when you are only splitting energy streams, that is making electronic copies; those are true copies. And this is where the lie that is "copyright" steps in. Literally, "the right to copy". As in, some entities, typically people, have it, and some do not. The fact that a new term had to be made up to give this fictitious idea a reality illuminates how baseless it is in the actual universe outside human society. Since the entire thing is predicated on a lie - the lie that the act of copying electronically can truly be controlled - it is intrinsic that it cannot last, since it has no basis in reality outside our minds. The would-be copyright owners sort of admit this when they try and use scare tactics to keep people from infringing on their so-called copyright. They do this with big FBI warnings (which the FBI had no hand whatsoever in creating), and those stupid "you wouldn't steal a car, would you?" ads. It sounds almost like someone is trying to convince _themselves_ of the veracity of owning information and the right to copy it. I, for one, think that the sooner the human race gets the hell over the idea that information can be owned, the better. There are other, better ways to make money through entertainment, and the entertainment industry is sooner or later going to have no choice but to face the music. It has been happening for decades, and the ubiquity of computers is making it worse for them, and better for everyone else, at last.

shabble 3 minutes ago | link

This sounds a lot like the excellent article "What Colour are your bits?" http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/entry/23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well worth a read for what I think is a good way to understand the legal vs technical perspective of copyright.

nextparadigms 1 hour ago | link

I agree. That's exactly why they can't and will never be able to stop piracy on the Internet. Copying and sharing information on the Internet is designed into the Internet, and it's a fundamental principle of the Internet. Trying to stop it through outside "artificial" laws will not work. They manage to stop one thing and 10 better alternatives appear.

Produce 1 hour ago | link

The universe also doesn't respect owning property. Saying that an arbitrary collection of atoms (a chair) belongs to another arbitrary collection of atoms (a human) is delusion pure and simple. It's just a delusion that a lot of arbitrary collections of atoms (humans) share.

pathjumper 3 days ago | link | parent | on: The Quora post that killed Bitcoins. Please discus...

None of his arguments are invalid save the "early adopter wins" scenario.

On every other count he either misunderstands current banking systems, bitcoin, presents a pseudo-argument, or some combination of all three. Honestly, except for the early adopter winning part, the whole thing reads like a shill post designed to do nothing but defame bitcoin. He even calls it a scam. By that measure The Fed is the biggest scam that ever invented if you look at who receives the "printed money" first. They are the "early adopters" in his "bitcoin is a scam" analogy. And they are still in power. So does that really make it any worse?

pathjumper 81 days ago | link | parent | on: Chomsky on Intellectual Property

Here's a different perspective for you guys that is more or less in agreement with Chomsky's:

The universe does not recognize our artificial restrictions on information.

This is inherently why people generally think it's ok to violate the copyrights of others. Because we know, and the universe knows that nothing was taken away from them. The restrictions are entirely artifical and designed to do nothing except create an enormous inequality between the the "owner" of the information, and everyone else. That's the sole purpose. These Imaginary Stuff owners then use this disparity (a legal fiction entirely) to generate massive wealth based on entirely contrived circumstances.

Since the dawn of speech nothing like this has existed because it never made sense. Anything one person said could be repeated by anyone who could remembered it. So when did information suddenly become ownable? It's a nonsensical legal fiction of epic proportions.

I contend that if the information is publicly available, you no longer own it. This is how the universe operates. Fans of Imaginary Stuff rights will not be able to get their way for long. Or rather, they shouldn't be allowed to use the legal system to enforce their artificial disparity. If you want to own information, keep it a secret. Otherwise, it's everyone's.

Another way of looking at it is, if you want to get paid for good information/content/art production, you're going to have to do what every other human does, continue working even after producing great works. You should be valued for your talent, and ability to produce from it over and over - just like everyone else. A bricklayer doesn't lay one brick really well and then charge everyone to use it daily. The value should be placed on the ability, not the product, since there's no physical product at all really. The slight exception being physical works of art etc, but then they're not just information, so the rules I'm talking about do not entirely apply. Photographic reproductions are information, but an original work in physical form is still valuable for being the first and physical.

What do you other smart folks think about this? I know a lot of us work in information production in some form. I myself am a software engineer, so I'm not just trying to take from everyone else and pretend the rule doesn't apply to me because I'm not an information/content producer. I actually am. So this hits me hardest too.

ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://pathjumper.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Preliminary Analysis : Semi-intelligent pseudo-intellectual; possibly interesting and tolerable in Real-Life
conversations; semi-tolerable in open discussion format; painful & tedious in monolog blahg opinion

Conclusion: pathjumper's adherence to Extreme Radical Leftist Dogma without the required Humor or sense
of Irony makes him a target of limited entertainment .... he also gives off the occasional stink of the sycophant; he
has the potential to show up at the waterseal at some future date and attempt to worm his way in here ... in this
event, further investigation should occur, but for now, I, the SandRider, say "meh."

Trolling the Innerwebz for Shitheels so You don't Have to ...
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Meh, indeed.

(Btw, I stopped going by FED2k a LONG time ago. Any forum that finds arnoldo's "contributions" worthwhile and/or meaningful can never lay further claim to either. Waste of time, don't bother.)

As for this guy, I think I've run across him from various linked access hits on HToD.

Meh.
pathjumper

Post by pathjumper »

SandChigger wrote:Meh, indeed.

(Btw, I stopped going by FED2k a LONG time ago. Any forum that finds arnoldo's "contributions" worthwhile and/or meaningful can never lay further claim to either. Waste of time, don't bother.)

As for this guy, I think I've run across him from various linked access hits on HToD.

Meh.
I first heard of HToD today via this thread. It took me a minute to figure out the acronym.
pathjumper

Post by pathjumper »

SandRider wrote:http://pathjumper.com/
Not me.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

alrighty, then .... well, since it's apparent you wandered into the sietch to talk about yourself, what the fuck,
I'm bored and Jimmy's dead, so I'll play ....

sooooo ....
where were you born ?
where did you go to school ?
what's your favorite color and/or boy band ?
how do you reconcile Chomsky's LAD theory with Chrystal's 5 stages, and Jean Aitchison's labeling, packaging and network building, keeping in mind that in 1968, Chomsky himself said: A more explicit discussion of the relation between human language and animal communication systems appears in a recent discussion by the comparative ethologist W. H. Thorpe. He points out that mammals other than man appear to lack the human ability to imitate sounds, and that one might therefore have expected birds (many of which have this ability to a remarkable extent) to be “the group which ought to have been able to evolve language in the true sense, and not the mammals.” Thorpe does not suggest that human language “evolved” in any strict sense from simpler systems, but he does argue that the characteristic properties of human language can be found in animal communication systems, although “we cannot at the moment say definitely that they are all present in one particular animal.” The characteristics shared by human and animal language are the properties of being “purposive,” “syntactic,” and “propositional.” Language is purposive “in that there is nearly always in human speech a definite intention of getting something over to somebody else, altering his behaviour, his thoughts, or his general attitude toward a situation.” Human language is “Syntactic” in that an utterance is a performance with an internal organisation, with structure and coherence. It is “propositional” in that it transmits information. In this sense, then, both human language and animal communication are purposive, syntactic, and propositional. ?
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

pathjumper wrote:I first heard of HToD today via this thread. It took me a minute to figure out the acronym.
I didn't mean that you yourself had posted links to my site, only that I had become aware of you through a chain of links that turned up in my access logs. From someone else's search... I don't remember the details, it's not important.

Is Jimmy dead again? Fucker dies more than one of Caesar's cowards. Or Kenny on South Park! Or KJA dreading another bad review! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote: I'm bored and Jimmy's dead, so I'll play ....
Hell you say, for He is risen.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
It was a Memorial Day miracle! :dance:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
It was a Memorial Day miracle! :dance:
He IS the church!
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

luluxiu wrote:I realized that I do not have a bookmark trading account, anyway ...may be time to get a do ... MEH ... if I get really bored this week, I will handle around some of the pathjumper to see if there are any good entertainment ...

ho-lee fuck - the spambots is sampling my syntax ...
ImageImage

lotek

Post by lotek »

luluxiu wrote:I realized that I do not have a bookmark trading account, anyway ...may be time to get a do ... MEH ... if I get really bored this week, I will handle around some of the pathjumper to see if there are any good entertainment ...

I have no idea what this means...
Spice is the worm's gonads.