A macro-view of the GP

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: A macro-view of the GP

Post by SandRider »

intend this tone:

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
semuta

Post by semuta »

SandChigger wrote:
semuta wrote:You could also try talking about Dune for once considering this is after all a Dune forum and not a Hate forum.
Neither is it a forum for the promulgation of New Age BULLSHIT.

FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE and try discussing Dune without all that other crap.
Did you ever realise that prana-bindu training involves yoga techniques involving breathing excercises and these are a main aspect of your despised new age philosophies? Do you not think that perhaps Frank Herbert himself is referring to what you term New Age BS with majorly important aspects of his masterwork? Which would legitimise certain aspects of NABS as appropriate dune related themes. A bit like the idea of telepathy by touching foreheads together to transmit memories from one person to another. Sounds like hippy shit to me! oh yeah, its important in the story, which must mean that dune is a hippy book then. dumbass
That's how I wrote the novel, wanting you to participate with the best of your own imagination. I did not aim for the lowest common denominator and 'write down" to anyone. You and I have a compact and my responsibility is to entertain you as richly as possible, always giving you as much extra as I can. I assume you are intelligent and will enlist your own imagination. You'll see that when you read the Dune excerpt and the other stories in this collection.
FH, Intro to Eye
semuta

Post by semuta »

Freak, after you advised us all to stop arguing yesterday I have tried returning the conversational topic to Dune an the golden path again and these monkeys aren't happy with it, they still want a fight. considering that this is supposed to be a dune forum, I have to tell you that in my experience it is not that, it is actually an aggressive nutcase forum full of ego and spite. So I am leaving. I hope to catch up with some of the genuine dune people from here somewhere along the line. Whilst most of your regulars are going to celebrate my exit, you should ask yourself deeply what the crap you are doing with your life with regards to your present company. I admire your commitment to Franks vision. Once upon a time, there was a shared passion for such a life inspiring wisdom. Shame that its turned into, what it has turned into.
lol next time any of you read the series you're going to realise that there actually is a mention of crashed guild ship on chapterhouse in franks books. shrugs. thanks for the airspace.
I'm leaving for a better quality Sietch now.
That's how I wrote the novel, wanting you to participate with the best of your own imagination. I did not aim for the lowest common denominator and 'write down" to anyone. You and I have a compact and my responsibility is to entertain you as richly as possible, always giving you as much extra as I can. I assume you are intelligent and will enlist your own imagination. You'll see that when you read the Dune excerpt and the other stories in this collection.
FH, Intro to Eye
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

semuta wrote:Since the golden pathway is designed to make sure humanity can never be exterminated wholesale; if there are factors emerging from the scattering that Leto could not perceive, that would threaten the whole entire species even after the scattering, what could these be? And why would Leto not have seen them? Do events and incidents in the latter books suggest that this is happening?
Leto did not look ahead to the end of time and micromanage for every possible danger. He specifically says as much.

After The Scattering THE ENTIRE SPECIES CANNOT BE THREATENED, only local pockets of people(s). But as Leto says when referring to the scale of prescience, the size of "local" can be ming-boggling.

So NO, nothing can threaten the entire species. Leto did not see all threats because he did not look for them. And NO, the events in the latter books do not indicate a threat to ALL humanity.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

semuta wrote:Did you ever realise that prana-bindu training involves yoga techniques involving breathing excercises and these are a main aspect of your despised new age philosophies? Do you not think that perhaps Frank Herbert himself is referring to what you term New Age BS with majorly important aspects of his masterwork? Which would legitimise certain aspects of NABS as appropriate dune related themes. A bit like the idea of telepathy by touching foreheads together to transmit memories from one person to another. Sounds like hippy shit to me! oh yeah, its important in the story, which must mean that dune is a hippy book then. dumbass
Yoga is not New Age crap. It existed long before the newer movement.
Any efficacy of Yoga as a form of exercise or health maintenance and meditational focus does not validate ALL of the philosophical/mystical claptrap that comes with it.
Yeah, Dune is a hippy/druggy book, a product of the 1960s. That doesn't mean that every hippy/druggy topic is automatically related.
semuta

Post by semuta »

SandChigger wrote:
semuta wrote:Since the golden pathway is designed to make sure humanity can never be exterminated wholesale; if there are factors emerging from the scattering that Leto could not perceive, that would threaten the whole entire species even after the scattering, what could these be? And why would Leto not have seen them? Do events and incidents in the latter books suggest that this is happening?
Leto did not look ahead to the end of time and micromanage for every possible danger. He specifically says as much.

After The Scattering THE ENTIRE SPECIES CANNOT BE THREATENED, only local pockets of people(s). But as Leto says when referring to the scale of prescience, the size of "local" can be ming-boggling.

So NO, nothing can threaten the entire species. Leto did not see all threats because he did not look for them. And NO, the events in the latter books do not indicate a threat to ALL humanity.
Just wondering if Daniel & Marty and the Ones of Many Faces, as well as some of the other quirky incidents from the latter books, Idaho's net and Odrade looking at Van Goghs painting feeling 'a new sensation' (consider Other Memory with regard to 'a new sensation') could indicate a species that is evolving beyond even a gods ability to understand. And with it given that humans are at that level, what else might be going on in these new dimensions of possibility opening up to the Aware.
Ah why am I bothering you aren't interested in anything I have to say anyway.
Yoga is not New Age crap. It existed long before the newer movement.
Any efficacy of Yoga as a form of exercise or health maintenance and meditational focus does not validate ALL of the philosophical/mystical claptrap that comes with it.
Yeah, Dune is a hippy/druggy book, a product of the 1960s. That doesn't mean that every hippy/druggy topic is automatically related.
this is what I think is so pathetic; you aren't happy with the idea that somebody else doesn't think the same way as you do, to such extent that you are seeking to change the words that I use and the way that I think, to reaffirm your own proven to be cognitive dissonance. I forgive you; it must be hell trying to perceive clearly through your mind. Im grateful for my time here recently because now I am certain that I am not the saddest, craziest person in this world. Thanks Chig I can move on with a smile in my heart now.
:violin:
FH, Intro to Eye
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

semuta wrote:Freak, after you advised us all to stop arguing yesterday I have tried returning the conversational topic to Dune an the golden path again and these monkeys aren't happy with it, they still want a fight. considering that this is supposed to be a dune forum, I have to tell you that in my experience it is not that, it is actually an aggressive nutcase forum full of ego and spite. So I am leaving. I hope to catch up with some of the genuine dune people from here somewhere along the line. Whilst most of your regulars are going to celebrate my exit, you should ask yourself deeply what the crap you are doing with your life with regards to your present company. I admire your commitment to Franks vision. Once upon a time, there was a shared passion for such a life inspiring wisdom. Shame that its turned into, what it has turned into.
lol next time any of you read the series you're going to realise that there actually is a mention of crashed guild ship on chapterhouse in franks books. shrugs. thanks for the airspace.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
semuta

Post by semuta »

SandChigger wrote: Leto did not look ahead to the end of time and micromanage for every possible danger. He specifically says as much.

you might want to justify why you maintain this opinion, if you want anybody to take you seriously
FH, Intro to Eye
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

semuta wrote:Freak, after you advised us all to stop arguing yesterday I have tried returning the conversational topic to Dune an the golden path again and these monkeys aren't happy with it, they still want a fight.
You've been posting crap and trolling as well. You're not innocent so cut the act.
considering that this is supposed to be a dune forum, I have to tell you that in my experience it is not that, it is actually an aggressive nutcase forum full of ego and spite.
This is persuasive, considering your vast experience with MULTIPLE Dune forums, your own nature as an aggressive nutcase, full of ego ("Look! I have such higher knowledge!") and spite (monkeys?).
So I am leaving. I hope to catch up with some of the genuine dune people from here somewhere along the line. Whilst most of your regulars are going to celebrate my exit, you should ask yourself deeply what the crap you are doing with your life with regards to your present company. I admire your commitment to Franks vision. Once upon a time, there was a shared passion for such a life inspiring wisdom. Shame that its turned into, what it has turned into.
:clap:
lol next time any of you read the series you're going to realise that there actually is a mention of crashed guild ship on chapterhouse in franks books.
Quotes or it didn't happen. :)
Ma`a ssalama! Don't let the waterseals pinch your bum. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

semuta wrote:you might want to justify why you maintain this opinion, if you want anybody to take you seriously
:shock:

:laughing-rolling:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

semuta wrote:Freak, after you advised us all to stop arguing yesterday I have tried returning the conversational topic to Dune an the golden path again and these monkeys aren't happy with it, they still want a fight. considering that this is supposed to be a dune forum, I have to tell you that in my experience it is not that, it is actually an aggressive nutcase forum full of ego and spite. So I am leaving. I hope to catch up with some of the genuine dune people from here somewhere along the line. Whilst most of your regulars are going to celebrate my exit, you should ask yourself deeply what the crap you are doing with your life with regards to your present company. I admire your commitment to Franks vision. Once upon a time, there was a shared passion for such a life inspiring wisdom. Shame that its turned into, what it has turned into.

ImageImage

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

semuta wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
semuta wrote:You could also try talking about Dune for once considering this is after all a Dune forum and not a Hate forum.

Did you ever realise that prana-bindu training involves yoga techniques involving breathing excercises and these are a main aspect of your despised new age philosophies? Do you not think that perhaps Frank Herbert himself is referring to what you term New Age BS with majorly important aspects of his masterwork? Which would legitimise certain aspects of NABS as appropriate dune related themes. A bit like the idea of telepathy by touching foreheads together to transmit memories from one person to another. Sounds like hippy shit to me! oh yeah, its important in the story, which must mean that dune is a hippy book then. dumbass
How is yoga new-aged? It's a Hindu meditation technique and it's been around for thousands of years.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
semuta wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

How is yoga new-aged? It's a Hindu meditation technique and it's been around for thousands of years.
I was going to say, that's literally about as old-aged as this stuff gets on planet earth. :roll:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience.

I've read the series like a dozen times, I've taken the time to write summaries of each and every chapter. They are posted here. Guild ships don't crash.
Good luck.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

semuta wrote:blah blah blah
:hand:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

I hate what KJA ( :Adolf: ) and BH did to the Golden Path :puke: There is no godam "Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach" it goes against everything Leto II and the Golden Path stood for. The intent of the Golden Path was to scatter mankind so that it could never be dominated by one person/group/religion/ideology ect and would be so far spread that no matter what happend mankind would always exist somewhere in some form. Letto II was no flawed Kwisatz Haderach.

I'm pretty sure Frank Herbert had something special planned for Duncan Idaho, but he is no ultimate Kwisatz Haderach. Its a shame we will never get to find out what Frank Herbert really intended for Duncan or the culmination of the Golden Path (if you can even say it has one), unless we make a ghola Frank Herbert.
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Kensai wrote:I hate what KJA ( :Adolf: ) and BH did to the Golden Path :puke: There is no godam "Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach" it goes against everything Leto II and the Golden Path stood for. The intent of the Golden Path was to scatter mankind so that it could never be dominated by one person/group/religion/ideology ect and would be so far spread that no matter what happend mankind would always exist somewhere in some form. Letto II was no flawed Kwisatz Haderach.

I'm pretty sure Frank Herbert had something special planned for Duncan Idaho, but he is no ultimate Kwisatz Haderach. Its a shame we will never get to find out what Frank Herbert really intended for Duncan or the culmination of the Golden Path (if you can even say it has one), unless we make a ghola Frank Herbert.
Welcome! Check out this forum: viewforum.php?f=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome. Not a fan of the USSR I take it?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan/Welcome/Youkoso! :)
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Welcome. Not a fan of the USSR I take it?
How you tell? Actually just not a fan of communism, not so much the concept, but the way it has to be enforced in the real world (i.e: requires tyranny to impliment ect...). Thats another debate really, its just a place holder really til I make something unique (and Dune related :D).

OBTW thanks for the welcom guys. I happen to talk to Chig on Face Book (of all places) and found there was a forum for orthadox Herbitans like myself :D
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Welcome, Kensai
Kensai wrote:
How you tell? Actually just not a fan of communism, not so much the concept, but the way it has to be enforced in the real world (i.e: requires tyranny to impliment ect...).
General Jack D. Ripper wrote:I will not allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, or the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Kensai wrote:
How you tell? Actually just not a fan of communism, not so much the concept, but the way it has to be enforced in the real world
In other words ... you are not, not a fan of communism, because what history has shown us was not communism at all. ... please think again ... and welcome home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Serkanner wrote:what history has shown us was not communism at all.
Yeah... Khrushchev promised that the Soviet people would reach Communism by the 1980s... and guess what, it didn't happen! :( :roll:
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

MrFlibble wrote:
Serkanner wrote:what history has shown us was not communism at all.
Yeah... Khrushchev promised that the Soviet people would reach Communism by the 1980s... and guess what, it didn't happen! :( :roll:
Yeah I agre with both of you. We have yet to see a genuine communist state, but to be honest in my opinion, I don't think it is possible.

PS: Dr Strangelove is an awesome film! :D Notice you never see a commie drink water?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman