Chapterhouse as part of the GP

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Thodol

Re: Chapterhouse as part of the GP

Post by Thodol »

The no-gene was something I never really understood. I suppose to a lesser extent the no-technology. I thought those with prescience were hidden due to their awareness, not a genetic trait (which was incidental). Which explained why those associated with a strong prescient were likewise hidden. Due to them by association operating with foresight.

I must admit I have rarely reread chapterhouse or heretics. The story was essentially "complete" for me at GEoD. Are either concepts explained in more detail?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Not really. There are clues in GEoD. I like to think of the Siona Gene as latent prescience. This explains the sheilding and also the "wild outcroppings" like Odrade and Teg's limited prescience.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Yeah, I think the best indication and description of what the siona-gene and no-technology are are in GEoD. Typically it's not spelled out but it's in there in a few spots. the last two books treat them like a given.
loremaster

Post by loremaster »

Freakzilla wrote:Not really. There are clues in GEoD. I like to think of the Siona Gene as latent prescience. This explains the sheilding and also the "wild outcroppings" like Odrade and Teg's limited prescience.
I like this, i think it's more than this however. It somehow incorporates other memory ("she can walk among them but they do not see her" from end of GEoD) and also a subconscious, almost Adab-prescience (She saw humanities extinction in the desert, after all).

Truth is.......... it's complicated.
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!