63%
No
26%
What?
11%

Total votes: 27

mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Sorry if i was disrespectful about anything, i do agree my reading of the things are very particular, i require no one to agree with me...
SandChigger wrote:You're the one who's hung up on finding THE ONE KEY. It was a dual deal. Invisibility to prescience ("untraceability") was one key. Physical dispersion (Scattering all over creation and back) was the other.
Actually, i did have the impression i begun that topic by saying that Siona's invisibility was not to be considered as important as i myself had done before -- and that this casts doubts about the GP having ONE KEY...
SandChigger wrote:And the Scattering couldn't begin until the Ixians had created the INMs.
And here you seem to be saying: THE ONE KEY to the GP is the INM. So, it is your thesis that the GP has ONE KEY, not mine.

I am just saying that i disagree.
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

mrpsbrk wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:She may have been important in keeping the Old Empire intact with Duncan as The Scattering was taking place but I think The Scattering really started with RM Anteac's raid on IX, which scattered the INM and No-tech.

I think No-Tech and the Siona Gene were essentially the same thing. The GP would have succeeded with either one. But the INM was more critical.
But, Freak, wasn't humanity in this universe doing the go-out-to-the-stars trick before finding melange? Spice, as i recall, was just a safer way of exploring, not the only way, even before Paul.

If GP = Scattering, the only new ingredient Leto would have to add to the boil was people wanting to scatter, which arguably he could have done in less than 3,500 years since this is way more than any single individual timespan and by Siona's time already had had for aeons control enough over the environment to produce a longing for the stars...

Heck, if GP = Scattering, Leto could have just skipped the whole symbiosis thing, packed some 2 or 3 Fremem Legions, ransacked the Guild, and then said to each of his soldiers: RUN and do not EVER look back.

No, Leto had to teach some lessons before, and without those lessons a scattered humanity is just a scattered humanity, not a "golden" one.
The Scattering only ensures humankinds survival through numbers and distance. It doesn't account for the maturation of humankind. Siona's genes were more crucial to that.

I think he wanted to preserve the qualities of the KH but in a latent/subconscious state that served people more like advanced instincts. Other-Memory and prescience just below the surface.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Freakzilla wrote:I think he wanted to preserve the qualities of the KH but in a latent/subconscious state that served people more like advanced instincts. Other-Memory and prescience just below the surface.
Man, on the Siona-test 3 chapters, he is constantly trying to make her acknowledge whatever she knows even without knowing. He tries to make her remember the fremem desert survival skills, like closing her mouthpiece, without actually saying to her that she should close it. He is trying to make her conscious of her memories.
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

SandRider wrote:I'm detecting a Jesuit-training influence in the way you are formulating your arguments. It's a gift. And a hobby.
Who knows? Brazil was largely "cultivated" by Jesuits, so maybe, but i do not know anything about them, though...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

mrpsbrk wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I think he wanted to preserve the qualities of the KH but in a latent/subconscious state that served people more like advanced instincts. Other-Memory and prescience just below the surface.
Man, on the Siona-test 3 chapters, he is constantly trying to make her acknowledge whatever she knows even without knowing. He tries to make her remember the fremem desert survival skills, like closing her mouthpiece, without actually saying to her that she should close it. He is trying to make her conscious of her memories.
Notice also, after her test, Leto tells her that in the deep desert one direction is as good as another however she instictively chooses the right direction.

...A lesson thier bones will remember.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I have no prejudice against the Jesuits or their Schools.
I just enjoy sniffing out Jesuit-educated people based on the
way they argue, or certain key words.

Did you attend Catholic schools ?
You're in University now ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

SandRider wrote:I have no prejudice against the Jesuits or their Schools.
I just enjoy sniffing out Jesuit-educated people based on the
way they argue, or certain key words.

Did you attend Catholic schools ?
You're in University now ?
I did attend Catholic school, for 2 years. I have already finished (how to say that? graduated?) University.

Can i ask what is the way i argue? I find it extremely amusing to be pointed this thing. But maybe this is very off-topic...
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I voted yes, not based on her life as much as based on the children she had with Duncan. Would Sheeana have existed without Siona? Of course was the end result of the GP the scattering or was there more still? I for one feel that Frank had one more peice to the puzzle, and it has to do with Duncans visions at the end of CHoD
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

The siona gene is just one aspect of the golden path. Obviously an important one, but the "key"? Not sure about that. The crucial result is spreading out humanity in such large numbers they could never be tracked down by any force (like the MACHINES!! :P ).

I would argue the Famine Times could be the "key"......
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

key to the scattering was famine times, no doubt. i think a few things were in place a few keys. But I do not belive the GP was completed by Frank. Everything after CHoD is ...... not considered by me to be the true ending
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:key to the scattering was famine times, no doubt. i think a few things were in place a few keys. But I do not belive the GP was completed by Frank. Everything after CHoD is ...... not considered by me to be the true ending
someone post that attitude of the knife quote again ;)
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife--chopping off what's incomplete and
saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."
-from "Collected Sayings of, Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan
~Pink Snowman
Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

SwordMaster wrote:Everything after CHoD is ...... not the true ending
Fixed it for you!

:D
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Atreyuh wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Everything after CHoD is ...... not the true ending
Fixed it for you!

:D
Thank you for fixing that. Im not even sure if BH and KJA understand the GP at all. Im fairly sure they dont and would rather not make their head hurt trying to.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I don't think they care to understand. Making money, and having their names plastered on the cover of as many books as possible seem to be the only things they care about.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Mandy, are you into BSG? Its my all time favorite show and I basicly stop my entire life every ffriday night at 10. Its the best TV show ever.

And I think your right about the motives.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SwordMaster wrote:Mandy, are you into BSG? Its my all time favorite show and I basicly stop my entire life every ffriday night at 10. Its the best TV show ever.

Ah, a BSG fan, since you're new here I'll reiterate my long standing warning/request. I have not seen anything past the first few episodes of Season 4, so until I buy the DVD I apreciate it if everyone keeps "who's the last cylon" type spoilers confined to threads marks with spoiler tags.

Or I kill you.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Mandy, are you into BSG? Its my all time favorite show and I basicly stop my entire life every ffriday night at 10. Its the best TV show ever.

Ah, a BSG fan, since you're new here I'll reiterate my long standing warning/request. I have not seen anything past the first few episodes of Season 4, so until I buy the DVD I apreciate it if everyone keeps "who's the last cylon" type spoilers confined to threads marks with spoiler tags.

Or I kill you.
dude I would not want to ruin it for you, I will tell you this though, its not LetoII. Sorry if that spoiled your current theory.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SwordMaster wrote:

Or I kill you.
dude I would not want to ruin it for you, I will tell you this though, its not LetoII. Sorry if that spoiled your current theory.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Hell yeah, I'm a BSG fan. Great show, usually.. of course there have been a few WTF episodes.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

yah true a few WTF moments, but when Starbuck packs two pistols and dares people to follow her, I sort of jumped up and yelled " I EFFIN LOVE YOU STARBUCK"

My wife was not impressed
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Or I kill you.
Chig and I already discussed this and know who the final cylon is. The final cylon is... wait for it...

Omph aka Omphlactica. :wink:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

its actually Duncan Idaho Ghola number 768968685897857697654556900909
Tio_Holtzmann

Post by Tio_Holtzmann »

I never really thought of Siona as the key to the Golden Path, at most I would say she was the catalyst and her descendants with the gene were the key. Safety from oracular vision and an explosion of humanity into uncharted space, in my mind that was always the goal of the GP.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Tio_Holtzmann wrote:I never really thought of Siona as the key to the Golden Path, at most I would say she was the catalyst and her descendants with the gene were the key. Safety from oracular vision and an explosion of humanity into uncharted space, in my mind that was always the goal of the GP.
Agreed...mostly... I think the siona gene was only necessary for the Scattering, after that it was pretty much moot. Everyone was so spread out and no-technology was so prevalent, it was a bonus, but unnecessary after that IMHO.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Tio_Holtzmann wrote:I never really thought of Siona as the key to the Golden Path, at most I would say she was the catalyst and her descendants with the gene were the key. Safety from oracular vision and an explosion of humanity into uncharted space, in my mind that was always the goal of the GP.
Agreed...mostly... I think the siona gene was only necessary for the Scattering, after that it was pretty much moot. Everyone was so spread out and no-technology was so prevalent, it was a bonus, but unnecessary after that IMHO.
Another part of the key is the throw back that was Duncan, all of Duncan and Siona's offspring would not only carry her invisibility, but Duncan gave them what? He was the throw back; he was the ancient element that must have been part of LetoIIs plan. What did the Duncan element do to the 1000 sons of Idaho?
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.