MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

The people and their technology

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

georgiedenbro

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby georgiedenbro » 20 Jun 2018 10:13

Freakzilla wrote:I forgot about that one. I suppose he could have been and Hwi was an improvement on that design.

The BT were always clever, but I wonder how they ever came up with a way to create someone who could become a boon companion to Leto II. Interesting to note that they more or less used the same trick to ensnare Leto II as they used for Paul.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"

Naib

Postby Naib » 20 Jun 2018 15:47

georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I forgot about that one. I suppose he could have been and Hwi was an improvement on that design.

The BT were always clever, but I wonder how they ever came up with a way to create someone who could become a boon companion to Leto II. Interesting to note that they more or less used the same trick to ensnare Leto II as they used for Paul.

3,500 years of observation and repetition, perhaps?

pcqypcqy

Postby pcqypcqy » 24 Jun 2018 22:57

georgiedenbro wrote:

I didn't think the BT had much to do with it, other than giving the Ixians the technology?

Code: Select all

"I . . . ahhh..." Moneo chewed at his upper lip. "The Tleilaxu have been quite
garrulous in the attempt to ingratiate themselves with me."
"Of course they have. And what have they revealed?"
"They... ahhh, provided the lxians with sufficient advice and equipment to make
a . . . uhhh, not exactly a ghola, and not even a clone. Perhaps we should use
the Tleilaxu term: a cellular restructuring. The . . . ahhh, experiment was
conducted within some sort of shielding device which the Guildsmen assured them
your powers could not penetrate."
"And the result?" Leto felt that he was asking the question in a cold vacuum.
"They are not certain. Tleilaxu were not permitted to witness. However, they did
observe that Malky entered this . . . ahhh, chamber and that he emerged later
with an infant."
"Yes! I know!"
"You do?" Moneo was puzzled.
"By inference. And all of this happened some twenty-six years ago?"
"That is correct, Lord."
"They identify the infant as Hwi Noree?"
"They are not certain, Lord, but..." Moneo shrugged.
"Of course. And what do you deduce from this, Moneo?"
"There is a deep purpose built into the new Ixian Ambassador."
"Certainly there is. Moneo, has it not struck you as odd how much Hwi, the
gentle Hwi, represents a mirror of the redoubtable Malky? His opposite in
everything, including sex."

Code: Select all

"Nobody tells the truth," Malky husked.
"You often told me the truth," Leto said. "Even when you didn't know it."
"That's because you're cleverer than the rest of us."
"Will you tell me about Hwi?"
"I think you already know it."
"I want to hear it from you," Leto said. "Did you get help from the Tleilaxu?"
"They gave us knowledge, nothing more. Everything else we did for ourselves."
"I thought it was not the Tleilaxus' doing."
Moneo could no longer contain his curiosity. "Lord, what is this of Hwi and
Tleilaxu? Why do you..."

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Freakzilla » 25 Jun 2018 09:05

Obviously Malky was genetically engineered but maybe not specifically to charm/befriend Leto. That could have been an unexpected result and from that they got the idea for Hwi.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

georgiedenbro

Postby georgiedenbro » 26 Jun 2018 09:56

I'm hesitant to accept that the BT only gave the Ixians technology and the Ixians did all the rest, only because later on we learn that the BT have completely infiltrated and perhaps even taken over the Ixians. Maybe that just happens after the events in question in which Hwi is made. But maybe the BT had been allowing the Ixians to believe they were in control the whole time, until the BT were ready to unveil themselves and reveal that they'd been controlling things all along. After all, the Ixians might well think they had control of their environment whether or not they really did. It's not like they could tell the difference unless they had RM's working with them, which I doubt. I also say this because the taking down of Leto II too closely resembles the taking down of Paul for it not have been devised by the BT one way or another. Maybe they let the Ixians execute the plan only to avoid exposure if things went south, so the Ixians could take the heat for it.

pcqypcqy

Postby pcqypcqy » 26 Jun 2018 21:31

georgiedenbro wrote:I'm hesitant to accept that the BT only gave the Ixians technology and the Ixians did all the rest, only because later on we learn that the BT have completely infiltrated and perhaps even taken over the Ixians. Maybe that just happens after the events in question in which Hwi is made. But maybe the BT had been allowing the Ixians to believe they were in control the whole time, until the BT were ready to unveil themselves and reveal that they'd been controlling things all along. After all, the Ixians might well think they had control of their environment whether or not they really did. It's not like they could tell the difference unless they had RM's working with them, which I doubt. I also say this because the taking down of Leto II too closely resembles the taking down of Paul for it not have been devised by the BT one way or another. Maybe they let the Ixians execute the plan only to avoid exposure if things went south, so the Ixians could take the heat for it.

I'll be honest, I've never really considered this. It takes a bit of reading between the lines, but I can see where you're coming from.

My only thought against it is: wouldn't Leto have known all of this? He seems to accept Malky's word on the matter towards the end when he's brought to Arrakis. Surely Leto would be able to see through this.

georgiedenbro

Postby georgiedenbro » 27 Jun 2018 10:23

pcqypcqy wrote:My only thought against it is: wouldn't Leto have known all of this? He seems to accept Malky's word on the matter towards the end when he's brought to Arrakis. Surely Leto would be able to see through this.

I'm not sure how important it is to the story whether we assume Leto believes him or not. And even if he does it only means he believes Malky is telling the truth, not that Malky is correct. Either way it seems weird to me that the Ixians of all people should be conspiring against Leto, especially when he's apparently been financing their research into the INM. Altogether it seems too subtle a plan for a machine-minded people interested only in profits to come up with or risk doing. Maybe they wanted revenge for Leto scrapping their self-improving hunter seeker program :techie-hal:

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Freakzilla » 29 Jun 2018 21:41

I entire Ixian embassy at Onn was replaced with face dancers and Hwi didn't even notice. Leto relied on RM Antiac to verify this. Leto only used prescience when absolutely necessary or to ensure the GP continued. However, Leto seemed to consider the BT fools and didn't consider them a serious threat.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

pcqypcqy

Postby pcqypcqy » 29 Jun 2018 21:56

georgiedenbro wrote:
pcqypcqy wrote:My only thought against it is: wouldn't Leto have known all of this? He seems to accept Malky's word on the matter towards the end when he's brought to Arrakis. Surely Leto would be able to see through this.

I'm not sure how important it is to the story whether we assume Leto believes him or not. And even if he does it only means he believes Malky is telling the truth, not that Malky is correct. Either way it seems weird to me that the Ixians of all people should be conspiring against Leto, especially when he's apparently been financing their research into the INM. Altogether it seems too subtle a plan for a machine-minded people interested only in profits to come up with or risk doing. Maybe they wanted revenge for Leto scrapping their self-improving hunter seeker program :techie-hal:

True enough. Not sure about the revenge motive, but everything else is quite interesting.

But I guess Leto being a Tyrant, everyone had some sort of motive for trying to de-throne him.

distrans

Postby distrans » 01 Jul 2018 16:24

its a mistake to belive that seducing the emperor was an ability built above and beyond suscessfully administering the embassy on rakis

she was a specific tool wielded by ix independent of their official presence on the planet

wholey independant of that duty

georgiedenbro

Postby georgiedenbro » 03 Jul 2018 09:22

distrans wrote:its a mistake to belive that seducing the emperor was an ability built above and beyond suscessfully administering the embassy on rakis

Do you mean to say that the only way to administer the embassy was to seduce the Emperor?

distrans

Postby distrans » 03 Jul 2018 19:57

no
im saying it wouldnt enhance the seductress to know much about the administration of the embassy and I don't believe it was something she was at all trained to do to any degree other than figuratively

georgiedenbro

Postby georgiedenbro » 04 Jul 2018 10:13

distrans wrote:no
im saying it wouldnt enhance the seductress to know much about the administration of the embassy and I don't believe it was something she was at all trained to do to any degree other than figuratively

I think we can take it for granted that she and Malky were intelligent enough to both be able to do what they were meant to do (to Leto) and to maintain a diplomatic function as well.

Return to “˱”