HAPPY 233rd Birthday to our Corps!! Semper Fi!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

HAPPY 233rd Birthday to our Corps!! Semper Fi!

Post by trang »

I ment to post this earlier today but had long night at work, fell asleep. Its the 233rd birthday of the United States Marine Corps Today, which I can proudly say I am a former member of. '86 to '96.

Give a shout to all those you know and luv who proudly wear the title of US MARINE!!, present, past, or future!!!

OOOH RA!!! SEMPER FI!!
Trang
Former Marine
SSGT
VMA-214 Blacksheep Squardon
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A good friend of mine did four years between ... let me think ... I think it was 1986 and 1990, so it looks like he was a contemporary of yours. I think he reached corporal.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

One of my cousins, the youngest in our generation of the family, was in for a few years, probably from around '95 or so? Not sure what rank he achieved.

He was actually stationed in Okinawa for about half a year towards the end of his time, but we never managed to get in touch or hook up. (Kinda far, even in a small country.) He got(/has) a completely different picture of the Japanese than I have, because of the animosity towards the US bases down there. Doesn't believe me when I tell him they're not all like that. ;)

(What branch was Freak in again, Army? I seem to remember something about Cavalry....)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Cavalry rings a bell, and his hair cut in his new ava is most certainly not regulation.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Happy birthday Jarheads!

(I was a cavalry scout in the army. Technically, Regular Army was the Branch of the military, Cavalry is a branch of the Army.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry_Scout
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

233rd... Landmark year... :P

May you continue these years until you can battle exoskeletal aliens on a deserted colony planet alongside Sigourney Weaver.

Seriously though, I give you credit for being probably the most badass fighting force in the world. You're like the Sardaukar!
Sole Man

on the millitary

Post by Sole Man »

I didn't know Freak was i nthe arm, I salute you!

My Great Uncle was in the marines for about 2 or 3 years, never saw any action.

Hurm... 233 233. disturbing.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Big salute to all those who have served. I had a friend who was a tunnel rat in Vietnam. He was a lot smaller than I use to picture most marines. My husband had two cousins (twins) who served the marines proudly in Nam.

Thanks to all vets past and present. Semper Fi
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.