Palin 2012

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Robspierre wrote:Fox news is pointing fingers at her big time, saying she refused to prep for the Katie Couric interview and other behaviors that paint a picture of one who was clueless, arrogant, and full of themself.

Rob
Funny, I could have sworn that Fox News loved her a few days ago. If Palin runs again in 2012, they'll rekindle their feelings for her, I'm sure.
http://whatever.scalzi.com/2008/11/05/g ... /#comments

Some of the idiocy and lack of reading skills among the conservative posters makes for fun reading.

Rob
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Apparently she throws tantrums and can't name all the countries in North America. You know, all 3 of them. She lives in the only state that is north of one of them, and her parties major worries is the one south of us.

She didn't know Africa was a continent, and not a country.

And people are scared of Obama?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ignorance and mediocrity is the new American way. She embodies the spirit of the land and the times.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Ampoliros wrote:Apparently she throws tantrums and can't name all the countries in North America. You know, all 3 of them. She lives in the only state that is north of one of them, and her parties major worries is the one south of us.

She didn't know Africa was a continent, and not a country.

And people are scared of Obama?
You've got to be joking. A fucking 6 year old knows that stuff.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Here's the bad part : the "reporters" travelling with the McCain campaign somehow had an agreement w/the campaign that all this was "off the record" until after the election. Like John Stewart said last night, "After the Iraq war is over, boy , do we have a story for you."

anybody see the new South Park last night ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Yeah, I watched South Park. I'm not quite sure what to think... :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Tleszer wrote:Yeah, I watched South Park. I'm not quite sure what to think... :lol:
Boom baby!

Love the sig!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I may have misheard, but I think Anderson Cooper announced a little while ago that there is a rumor Palin has received a seven-million-dollar book contract offer.

That's just wrong ... but think of the title parody possibilities! :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

If blacks can become president, why not retards?: The Sarah Palin Story
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Drunken Idaho wrote:If blacks can become president, why not retards?: The Sarah Palin Story
Wow, I'm not sure if I've seen so many groups of people insulted in one sentence before!

I love it!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

My Pact With Satan: Confessions of a Right-Wing Psycho Cunt
mielikki
Location: Take a left at Andromeda and aim for the Horsehead Nebulus

Post by mielikki »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Had anyone heard of her before she was chosen?
Alaskans. And maybe Canadians.
Nope, we sure hadn't. But once we had heard of her she was the source of nearly endless laughter... and a little bit of fear lest her side win. But that's over now, so we can go back to just laughing at her and not being a little scared of her.
Actually, I had heard of her... but I'm from BC, so yeah.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I hadn't heard of Joe Biden, either.
Last edited by Freakzilla on 18 Nov 2008 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

mielikki wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Had anyone heard of her before she was chosen?
Alaskans. And maybe Canadians.
Nope, we sure hadn't. But once we had heard of her she was the source of nearly endless laughter... and a little bit of fear lest her side win. But that's over now, so we can go back to just laughing at her and not being a little scared of her.
Actually, I had heard of her... but I'm from BC, so yeah.
I'm in BC too, wouldn't say I'm from BC though.

Too bad I'm not going to be living in BC for that much longer, I love this place. They ran a comparison on the news last week about which party had the most support for the next provincial election and they didn't even put the Conservatives on the chart. How hilarious is that? Not even on the chart with a big fat zero next to them, just left of the chart altogether. Fucking comedy. :lol:

Oh well, back to the Canadian bible-belt for me in the spring. :(
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:I hadn't heard of Joe Biden, either.
really ? been in congress for 30 years ?
ran for the democratic nomination in 1988 ?
on the sunday shows every other week for ever ?

okay .....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I hadn't heard of Joe Biden, either.
really ? been in congress for 30 years ?
ran for the democratic nomination in 1988 ?
on the sunday shows every other week for ever ?

okay .....
I havent watched the Screamers (Sunday shows) since my boy figured the remote out. I used to watch them quite a bit.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
mielikki

Post by mielikki »

Too bad I'm not going to be living in BC for that much longer, I love this place. They ran a comparison on the news last week about which party had the most support for the next provincial election and they didn't even put the Conservatives on the chart. How hilarious is that? Not even on the chart with a big fat zero next to them, just left of the chart altogether. Fucking comedy. :lol:

Ah yes. But remember, the the provincial Liberals are not the same party as the federal Liberals.

The provincial Liberals are the old Social Credit party. Google them, if you dare...........
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
mielikki wrote:

Ah yes. But remember, the the provincial Liberals are not the same party as the federal Liberals.

The provincial Liberals are the old Social Credit party. Google them, if you dare...........
you beat me to the punch... similarly to Quebec, these provincial liberal parties are hardly the left-wing party that the federal liberals try to be. BC is much more conservative than they'd admit, shown by how many Conservative MP's they elected and re-elected in October. the Progressive Conservative brand has died in many parts of the country and BC is just one example of it.
I thought it was weird that such a so-called liberal place had a higher drinking age and gov owned liquor stores and such.

I think they're loosing to the NDP right now anyways in BC aren't they?
mielikki

Post by mielikki »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
mielikki wrote:

you beat me to the punch... similarly to Quebec, these provincial liberal parties are hardly the left-wing party that the federal liberals try to be. BC is much more conservative than they'd admit, shown by how many Conservative MP's they elected and re-elected in October. the Progressive Conservative brand has died in many parts of the country and BC is just one example of it.
I thought it was weird that such a so-called liberal place had a higher drinking age and gov owned liquor stores and such.

The government-owned liquor stores were brought in when the NDP was in power, I believe.

You can now have beer and wine stores that are privately owned.

SOMEBODY had better make Campbell lose...
A Thing of Eternity

Aren't the Conservatives talking about starting a nice big round of deficit spending in the federal gov right now? A "spend our way out of a recession" type plan? The Macleans article I just read did say they were planning on heaping the blame on the other parties though, so maybe they'll say that it's really not "their" plan. :wink:

Man, I swear I don't hate the Conservative party as much as it sounds like I do...

Seems like everyone likes to owe money. :(
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
mielikki wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
mielikki wrote:

The government-owned liquor stores were brought in when the NDP was in power, I believe.

You can now have beer and wine stores that are privately owned.

SOMEBODY had better make Campbell lose...
it's sort of unfortunate for the BC liberals that many voters will equate them with the federal party becuase the liberals have been all but shut out there. better hope the NDP don't get in again, what with all the deficit spending they did last time.. now is not the time to start that shit up again
Aren't the Conservatives themselves talking about starting a nice big round of deficit spending in the federal gov right now? A "spend our way out of a recession" type plan? The Macleans article I just read did say they were planning on heaping the blame on the other parties though, so maybe they'll say that it's really not "their" plan. :wink:

Man, I swear I don't hate the Conservative party as much as it sounds like I do...

A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Aren't the Conservatives talking about starting a nice big round of deficit spending in the federal gov right now? A "spend our way out of a recession" type plan? The Macleans article I just read did say they were planning on heaping the blame on the other parties though, so maybe they'll say that it's really not "their" plan. :wink:

some cyclical deficit spending isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as it doesn't turn into structural deficits like what happened during/after the trudeau years. it's one thing to have a short-term deficit because economic conditions will reduce your tax revenues; it's a whole other thing to PLAN to spend more than you take in. besides, spending (be it consumer or government) is what helps get a country out of tough times. personally i like that they're also implementing measures to ensure that ALL spending is efficient and effective so as to minimize any cyclical deficits that may or may not occur. overall, they're still much better fiscal managers than the liberals ever were.

p.s. nice double post :P
I know, I'm just harrassing you for fun. :wink:

And yes, I botched that attempt at editing my post into a response to a quote fairly well. :oops:
mielikki

Post by mielikki »

All I know is, the last provincial election - I voted Green.
There was literally no one else less scary than that.

I mean, really.
I killed trees for a living, and I had to vote Green...
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Deficit spending during times when the economy is faltering are what governments are SUPPOSED to do. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue for us if our country weren't still $500+ billion in debt.

*gets on soapbox*

See children, this is why government debt is bad. Now repeat after me "Government debt is bad" :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Deficit spending during times when the economy is faltering are what governments are SUPPOSED to do. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue for us if our country weren't still $500+ billion in debt.

*gets on soapbox*

See children, this is why government debt is bad. Now repeat after me "Government debt is bad" :)
Maybe we could sell some stealth bombers to terrorists? :wink:
~Pink Snowman