SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by SandChigger »

:doh:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

This is the only celebration I'll be engaging in this year.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ&fmt=16[/youtube]
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

inhuien wrote:This is the only celebration I'll be engaging in this year.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ&fmt=16[/youtube]
Can't see the video here at work, but I'm hoping it's a reference to Festivus.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Golly, I'm sorry to disappoint you. It is only a tenuous link to a "Kool and the Gang" video. But it is most funktastic indeed.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

TheDukester wrote:I got hit today with three Xmas catalogs in the mail.
Update: the gigantic Victoria's Secret Xmas catalog arrived today. Ah, sweet, sweet holidays ...

Free advice, guys: order that special someone something from Vicky's just once, and you're on the mailing list forever. It's so worth it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:
TheDukester wrote:I got hit today with three Xmas catalogs in the mail.
Update: the gigantic Victoria's Secret Xmas catalog arrived today. Ah, sweet, sweet holidays ...

Free advice, guys: order that special someone something from Vicky's just once, and you're on the mailing list forever. It's so worth it.
Can't you just order the catalog for free without ordering anything :wink: That's more money in your pocket. Those things got me though a rough childhood with no internet. Fuckin' kids today don't know how good they have it.
Moe hooked up to lie detector machine -

Moe: I hated the old guy but I didn't kill him -

BING

Officer - he's clean. cut him loose.

Moe: Yeah, and hurry up I got a hot date tonight

BUZZZ

Moe: A date tonight

BUZZ

Moe: Dinner with friends

BUZZ

Moe: Dinner alone

BUZZ

Moe: Watching TV alone

BUZZ

Moe: Okay, okay, I'm going to go home and oogle the women in the Victoria's Secret catalog!

BUZZ

Moe: Sears catalog

BING!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Nekhrun wrote:That's more money in your pocket.
True ... but less fun when the lights go out. I mean, they sell some really neat stuff there. Wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

You gotta treat her right for her to treat you right.

It's more fun when both are being treated 'right' :mrgreen:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Did Eyes just imply something naughty? The new vampire avatar is a sure sign of strange happenings!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:Did Eyes just imply something naughty? The new vampire avatar is a sure sign of strange happenings!
Christian vampires... what's this world coming to? :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Happy halloween.

Acutally - five years ago I found my wife at a Halloween party. I was dressed as a homosexual-pedophile-roman senator, she as a ghost.

I had "healthy candy" for all the kids! Patatoes - everyone knows that the Romans was crazy about patatoes....
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

When me and my wife were having kids we always dressed apropriately for halloween parties, she always seemed to be pregnant that time of year.

For our first son, he was due christmas day so we went as Mary and Joseph... but everyone thought we were terrorists.

One year I was the pope and she was a pregnant nun. That one got the most responses.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

nampigai wrote:

Happy halloween.

Acutally - five years ago I found my wife at a Halloween party. I was dressed as a homosexual-pedophile-roman senator, she as a ghost.

I had "healthy candy" for all the kids! Patatoes - everyone knows that the Romans was crazy about patatoes....
Ahem, I don't celebrate Halloween of course, but I love that song. However, I was introduced to it via this version.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

the Manson song is a great cover - I don't like all his works, but some of it is great!

the movie is great though, best x-mas movie ever made!

I don't really celebrate Halloween either, it was just an excuse to get drunk.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I celebrate. I usually hand out candy while my lesser half and my father-in-law take the kids out.

http://www.thekendricks.netfirms.com/hallow2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

GREAT pictures - I honestly can't wait till the first pops out, Kids are awesome and a laugh :-)!

Where I live we've never celebrated Halloween, however the last few years it's gained in popularity. I like the whole atmosphere about it though, I mean, who in their right minds doesn't like zombies, ghosts, vampires and such?

I guess in a few years, I'll be handing out candy...or perhaps we should buy something now I bet there'll be kids knocking on our door..
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Thanks, my wife made most of those costumes.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:When me and my wife were having kids we always dressed apropriately for halloween parties, she always seemed to be pregnant that time of year.
Same deal here. Last year, my wife was so gigantic that she just drew a pumpkin on an orange shirt and said "hell with it."
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Freakzilla wrote:
Redstar wrote:Did Eyes just imply something naughty? The new vampire avatar is a sure sign of strange happenings!

Wouldn't you like to know... ;) ;) :mrgreen:

Besides, wouldn't that be the best kind. They try to save your soul before they drain your blood. :twisted:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Wouldn't you like to know... ;) ;) :mrgreen:

Besides, wouldn't that be the best kind. They try to save your soul before they drain your blood. :twisted:
But don't their victems become vampires?
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Shame shame, Mr. Freak.... You become a vampire if you drink from the vampire. If a vampire drinks from you, you either die or become a ghoul.

I imagine our eyes here is a psychic vampire, and she feeds off the souls of those she just saved rather than their blood.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Care to step into my la --Uhm I mean Den?

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I much prefer classic ghoul vampires. Nosferatu is a big favorite, followed by the vamps of 30 Days of Night. They have pale skin, black-on-black eyes, and shark teeth. Vampires these days are far too romanticized.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Yeah you threw me when you said that humans bitten by vamps turning into ghouls. Never heard that one. I heard the other part about drinking from a vamp would turn a human into one but being bitten by a vamp would either kill a human or turn them into a vampire.

Different legends I guess.

Well it's still fun to play around at Halloween.
Eyes will be back to 'normal' come November, when the Vampire Eyes returns to her slumber.

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Different legends, yes. Vampires turning humans to vampires by drinking from the human is more of a modern perception, but I'm sure it has older roots. I just know that classical vampire legends tended to have more elaborate transformation rituals than modern ones, with the literary Dracula having his brood drink from him.

And I will be saving that picture, thank you.